ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

problems doing suspension

Clio Trophy #019
left keys in ignition whilst trying to change my front springs and ended up having a massive leak whilst trying to put the shock back in position, is this my power steering fluid or just oil.

Ben.

Where did you get a leak from? The driveshaft gaiters are easy to damage realy but they won't leak like oil or water as its grease in there.

It might be just water as it can collect under the arch and get you wet.

PAS leak is unlikly the pipes are a fair way away brake fluid about the only close line. Othe rthna that theshocks could be leaking which is aocmmon failure from the 182's.

Clio Trophy #019
It was definstely some type of oil and not water. It came from the bottom of the engine above the black plastic cover, but I haven't removed it yet to see exactly where it came from cause it got to dark.

It was definstely some type of oil and not water. It came from the bottom of the engine above the black plastic cover, but I haven't removed it yet to see exactly where it came from cause it got to dark.

Thats plastic cover goes get oil on it form the engine does your car loose much oil?

Clio Trophy #019

Thats plastic cover goes get oil on it form the engine does your car loose much oil?

Only had the car for about 2 months but haven't had any problems with oil leaks or anything else. I think its just something I,ve managed to fook up somehow, just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

Only had the car for about 2 months but haven't had any problems with oil leaks or anything else. I think its just something I,ve managed to fook up somehow, just wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

If you didn't damage the gaiter there not much you can do wrong realy.

Clio Trophy #019
Thanks for trying to help edde. I think I'll get the shock back on tomorrow and the suspension finished then give it a proper look over, failing that I,ll get it up rentech asap for a check over as there only 5 mins up the road from me.