ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems, engine light, coil light list goes on...

Right I have searched and found results for all my symptoms however it doesn't really help...I was wondering if anyone has recently resolved this...

I have a 2004 Clio 1.416v with following issues:

Engine management light constantly on

Slight delay when accelerating and just overall a bit jerky feeling

Randomly coil light come on, car will go into limp mode, rev on its own, not start. Then after a while wil start and run fine for that day with the engine light still on.

Engine rocking about and can be felt when accelerating hard and when turning the car off, a constantl sucking air noise....like a chug chug chug then when I hit the throttle suddenly it will make a SHHH gasp like noise.

This is doing my head in I have replaced the coils 3 times in 4 years!

Theres a tube which connects behind the coils area and goes down the left side of the car, I taped this up and put some seal around it ages ago when this last happened and it fixed it, now nothing works.

Can anyone help? I don't want to pay a garage to then be told, it could be this or this OR this £££

Thanks!

coil pack again it sounds like,ive got same model and last time a coil pack went i changed plugs as well and had no problems since.

I'm in hertfordshire, I have just replaced all 4 coil packs and it still won't work. When I give it a quick jab on the throttle it has a split second delay and an air sucking noise, then revs.... then runs for a while, dies with the coil light and then revs itself to 2k.