ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems starting til i tap the accelerator

Megane Coupe VVT
Hi,

When i start the car in the morning and sometimes throughout the day it wont start unless i hold the accelerator for 5 seconds to keep the revs, otherwise it splutters and dies in a second like theres no petrol.

Once its started it will slightly rev up and down and feel a slight judder thorugh it like a misfire. And if i do a three point turn the revs drop and it stalls.

I have replaced:

All 4 pencil coils
All 4 spark plugs
Cleaned the throttle body and 'crank' sensor.

Any ideas? Please help as its quite scary.

Thankyou

Katie x

ITB'd MK1
which engine is it? F4R with the plastic inlet manifold? have you plugged in to diagnostics at all? sounds like it could be an idle valve issue (is it cable throttle? ), but also lambda sensor could be complicating it

Megane F7R
Sounds like its drawing in air someone on the vac pipes - had this on the f7r and turned out to be a split vacuum pipe.

Megane Coupe VVT
which engine is it? F4R with the plastic inlet manifold? have you plugged in to diagnostics at all? sounds like it could be an idle valve issue (is it cable throttle? ), but also lambda sensor could be complicating it
Yeah, thats the one. It was on a machine and it only came up with catalytic converter malfunction' and the guy said the cat was broke but its not long new. Its fly-by-wire what ever that means.

Sounds like its drawing in air someone on the vac pipes - had this on the f7r and turned out to be a split vacuum pipe.

What are vaccum pipes and how do i check them? Sorry.