ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems with iPhone USB leads? Recommendations?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Is it just me or do the USB leads for the iPhones/iPods break really easily?
I've had my iPhone 4 for about 18 months now and am on my 5th USB lead, 3 of them being the official Apple ones, then one from Maplin and the latest one being an extra long eBay special one. every single one has stopped working and now the eBay special is starting to play up and will only charge if the cable is in a certain position.
All of the previous USB leads have done the same and eventually just stopped working altogether.
So I was just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems or if anyone can recommend a good USB charging lead that is preferably longer?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I've been using the same one in the office for 3 years without any problems.

It does look like this now though :eek:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338805054.054560.jpg

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Never had any issues personally, with either cheap ones or official ones.

I have a couple that get carted round in bags and a couple that stay in the same place all the time, not had any problems.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Mine are alright apart from one.

The USB that broke did so because I forgot my phone was plugged in and yanked it. This snapped the end off, apart from that I've had no issues.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Guess it must just be me, does anyone else use their phone when it's on charge?

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
No, theres nothing i can think of that I'm doing out of the normal if other people use their phones while charging.

2007 clio dynamique
I have mine on a building site , its turned black but still going strong , try a docking station you may have better look lol

2007 clio dynamique
Get down to your local asda they have some good offers on docking stations at the minute , i got one for £19 last week and its spot on

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
My USB lead doesn't have the push in clips so I always disconnect by pulling on the plastic connection rather than the wire.