ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problems without arch liners fitted?

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Anyone experienced any problems with arch liners not fitted at all?

Presumably there's more of a chance of grime build up and maybe stones/debris hitting stuff?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I had one missing (well I cut it out at cadwell because it was falling off) for 6 months over summer and never had a problem.

Not sure about going through winter though. Wasn't there a thread that showed loads of shite behind the wing due to this?

Listerine & Poledo
if it's for a track car, can't see muck build-up being a massive problem.

So long as you're doing a good job of pre-track prep

Rusty Cup
Ive seen a pick somewhere on here with the tag line along the lines of "this is why people run arch liners" and it showed some pretty crazy mud built up behind a panel..

And if that isnt vague enough i really dont know what is :D

Listerine & Poledo
But was that on a road car? doing daily miles?

If OP is thinking of doing this on a track car, the issue shouldn't be as bad... providing it's not doing daily miles in between track work

clio 5door sport rep
apparently it can feck your horn.... which is a mot fail supposedly.... one of mine fell of. drviers side front one..... so far so good though

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Cheers tunst.

Yeah as people have said it's for a track car that really doesn't do many miles at all.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I agree fletch, normal road driving and track I dont think I'd see that much dirt!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Mine won't be getting used over winter so I should be ok. I think the one posted will be an extreme example though.

Megane 225 F1
My arch liners fall down and drag on the floor at high speeds. Shat a brick the other week. Mate in the car infront spotted it and got out at the lights and slotted them back in.

Lotus Elise
No prob with the fronts missing half missing. If the Rear half is missing you get loads of s**t on the inside of the front doors.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
No prob with the fronts missing half missing. If the Rear half is missing you get loads of s**t on the inside of the front doors.

Just the bit that you remove to take the bumper off gain access to the fogs etc..?

My mrs's 1.2 16v clio had a front arch liner missing, and needed a wing respray, previous owner had a knock in it. Anyway so i took of the wing to repsray.....tons and tons of crud stuck to behind wing and back of door, was wetting all the lighting electrics as the wires had gone brittle, thus she had a bulb out, rear ones are ok to take off, but the front ones i wouldnt......

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
my old 1.2 had a missing left arch liner, and had to replace the horn 3 times in 2 years, it just didn't occur to me that there should be one there as there was no damage/signs of the old one falling off. Also a lot of mud/dirt gets on the engine and inside of bonnet