ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Process/Products for winter details

1.8 Civic EX
A bit lenghy so haven;t put it in the questions thread..Myself (black civic) and my mate (Red Alfa Brerra) and going to give the cars a going over.

Windows
I've got covered with some GTechiq G4, G1/G2 and some Halfords pannel wipes

Wheels
We both have some Bilberry and wheel brushes, probably seal with Z2

Bodywork
This is where the questions start as we both have quite a choice.
We'll be using his Megs G220 (after snow foam, wash, decon, clay etc) to apply.
He only has two pads, a polishing and a finishing so don't realy want to mix products on the pads.
Which product would you recomened with which pad, the choices are:
Carlack 68 polish
AF Tripple (only a samlple pot which has been used so poss not enough for both cars)
Poorboys Blackhole
AG SRP
AG EGP
Colinite wax
Poorboys nattys blue
Z8
Z6
Z2

For mine I'm thinking finishing pad with AF Tripple followed up with the Z2 layered with Z6 in between topped off with Z8. Right?

Not a 320d
For mine I'm thinking finishing pad with AF Tripple followed up with the Z2 layered with Z6 in between topped off with Z8. Right?

Right.

Dont know why people add Z6 in between coats mind.

Id use tripple with the DA, although you could go with Blackhole or SRP. Id expect better results and cleaning from the Tripple though.

Make sure the windows get polished with glass polish then wiped down properly, pannel wipes arent amazing but if youve not got access to IPA then fair enough.

1.8 Civic EX
Cheers.

He is most likely going to use the carlack stuff as thats his and he hasn't used it yet and wants to. Would that be ok on the polishing pad?

As above don't really want to be using two different products on the one pad, plus probably only enough Tripple left for one car.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You say about using 2 products on the same pad, why can't you do one car, wash it out then use another product on another car?

are you doing both cars the same day?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Pads are pretty easy to wash.

Tip: to dry, put the pad on your polisher, hold it at arms length (in the garden) and switch on.

Dry in seconds :D

1.8 Civic EX
both cars in same day yes. Tbh I never even thought about washing the pads lol!

Does anyone have any experience of the carlack stuff? From reading the net it looks like a cleanser and sealant in one so I doubt it would do much for covering swirls which is what he wants to achieve. Surely he'd be better off using some of my Tripple or Blackhole?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
if definitely not enough tripple, then try black hole via DA then top with carlack sealant by hand, or preferrably Z2