ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Products for Silver cars.

Mini Cooper S
986286cc.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Very tidy.

I love dark greys and i'm actually looking at Mini Gp's at the moment.

The sealant in the op is perfect mate and very easy to use as I said so beats waxing ect if you're short on time. :)

The cleanser/glaze combi before hand will also transform the car.

Filling in light swirls is what brings the true colour back to the car as poor paint robs the paint of colour especially in the sun. Look at how black cars go grey for eg.

Hence the reason for recommending glazes a lot. It's a short term fix but it should never be frowned upon.

Correcting paint isn't the be all and end all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yup that's a perfect filler heavy glaze mate. Make sure you get the paint clean before using BH or it won't bond very well and make sure you seal it in with something decent. What wax, sealants do you have?

Mini Cooper S
All I've got sealant wise is a Britemax, think its like all elements or #5 something like that. I haven't really been too great with the MINI paint, as I haven't found it rewarding enough. But now I've got the car looking smart, I thought I'd put more effort in.

Should I bother with SRP before the blackhole?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No mate, I wouldn't bother but you need a wax or sealant. Personally I would go with Werkstat Jett. On that colour it's immense....

Roof2.jpg

Pop1.jpg

Reflection2.jpg

Mini Cooper S
Wash, clay/de-tar, wash, Blackhole, Werkstat? Reckon that will give me some decent results? If so I'll get purchasing soon...need a few new bits.

The colour looks really good in those pictures.

GTD, Lupo
I have the Werkstat Jett and its amazing on silver cars.

Not got any close up pics but you get the idea.

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0194-1.jpg

Its so easy to use, almost too easy.

I did the following,

Snow Foam Ph neutral
Iron X
Tardis
Snow Foam again
Wash
Werkstat Prime
Then just build up layers of Acrylic Jett allow cure time between layers.

The prime is best used on clean paint.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Like gorms said.

Wash -bde tar/clay - wash/dry - prime - Blackhole - Jett.

Prime is very good for cleansing and you'll be surprised how much dirt is removed with cleansing.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Well Kev, I've ordered everything you reccomended, (went for Prima and Prime rather than a combo product). Spent lots of monies today, still need Jett though, polished bliss are out of stock and the only other place I've found is Werkstat's own website, but no chance I'm paying circa £40 shipping lol.