ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress- Pics

Dunno, He says everything is sprayed (ie mirrors, rear lights, kit) they just all need puttin on,

And a button needs fitting under mirror for doors

Connor is fitting a 172 engine in his wee motor and its costing £300 a year more to insure with Adrian Flux. His is only a 1.2 iirc

Why did you pay up front? Thats just a ticket for him to take the piss (which he is doing rather well imo). He dont need the money up front for Jack, he dont need to buy the materials or paint etc and its not like your gonna do a runner as he has your car.

I sent my valver and williams engine to GDi and i paid on collection, if i had of paid up front what incentive would he have to get it sorted.

I wouldnt give him a penny more then the £1500 you have already paid, and certainly no more then the £2200 as agreed if your a soft sh*te and dont wanna row. I know what id do.

Wow your really being taken for a ride, cant believe you have given him that amount of money and youre still letting him take the piss. I wouldnt even mind if it was a good kit but its not, the only feature its gonna get is on barryboys but each to there own.

i guess i was lucky....

im currently 21 (but only 20 on the insurance document if you get me) and ive got 1 years ncb and one accident behind me with 3 years driving experience and currently paying £1350 a year fully comp fully declared...

but they want £300 extra for the 2.0 conversion and its obviously gona come down a lot more next year as ill be 21 on the insurance and 2 years ncb.

not sure what it wouldve been like for u cdmullins... but with all due respect to him ive paid well over 6k for all the mods done to my car over the year ive had it.. but ive done it gradual where as hes obviously taken a standard clio and spent 6k all at once which makes it sound alot worse!

but i must say it sounds pretty expensive as i paid £5000 for my car to come from a write off (i.e. had new roof, new front bumper, 2 x new wings, rear quarter fixed, new door, new windscreen, new axle, 2 x wheel, & new suspension) to a full respray in different colour, carbon bonnet, sideskirts, spoiler and that included labour...... (all the parts listed above)

and they got it done in a month....

and im not taking the piss or anything as i have respect for you to take out all this work etc and its gonna look wicked but for the time hes taken mate, he seems to be charging u alot...

Just foned Carisma and cancelled my order for Angel Eyes (which i ordered in January) and re-ordered from K-Tec, they come on thur!!

As for work on car... I have no idea, havnt foned, gonna turn up tonight vo and see if hes working on my car!!!

Get some more pics of any work he (may) have done!

Scooby STi, FiestaST

look at it this way. In a years time youll be happy with it and all this problem will be a distant memory

(unless its still there)..

cd - itll sort itself out in the end

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i need some more pics of this to see how its getting on...

Ziel Nurburgring

Without subjecting myself to 12 pages of boredom, whats the scoop with this now? Do you actually have it or 4 months later are you still waiting for your car?

Patience???????? Ive lost interest!!!

6 month and 12 pages its still unfinished!!!!

Thinking about printing these pages out and giving them to him when/if it gets done!!!

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 02 August 2005

6 month and 12 pages its still unfinished!!!!
Thinking about printing these pages out and giving them to him when/if it gets done!!!

Yeah thatll really show him whos boss!

DO NOT GIVE HIM ANYMORE MONEY, i can not see him taking you to court when your car is several months overdue, if i were you when i collect it i would go over over it very finely and if i found the slightest fault i would use it to get money back i.e dust under paint, runs, filler marks, ill fitting kit...

Im not defending him at all, its taken far too long!!!! But the works thats hes done you cannot find fault with, hes a perfectionist!

BTW Got more pics if some one can stick em up

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

Quote: Originally posted by CDMullins on 02 August 2005

Sent, cheers fella,

It was quite dull when the pics were taken!

*Sits back, opens a beer and waits for abuse*

lol, you have my full sympathy mate, i think you have had your fair share

[Edited by Gaz2130 on 02 August 2005 at 8:28pm]

Civic Type-R

Hmmmm most of it looks ok. Not liking that front bumper at all tho. Are the exhausts meant to stick out that far? The colour is nice and the arches are pretty cool, but it defo needs 172 headlights.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3

I know I take the piss a bit with this guy takin you for a ride, but now the paintjob is done I actually like the car - looks good m8.

Beetle

i like the colour of it, not over keen on the front bumper, reminds me of a 206 too much imo

It looks a total diff car with paint and wheels on, i think it looks awesome!!!

Never really liked the front bumper, but i didnt like any others either!!

Think it will grow on me when its painted~!

Civic Type-R

I think u will need new brakes lol look at the rust on them after sitting there for so long!! The Carzone spoiler looks way OTT and is stupidly big I think u shud get a cup spolier or something.

Megane R26

I think you might have a legal issue with those cans sticking out to far. It s getting there. Colour looks good, but im really not a fan of kits on the clio. But If your happy all that counts. And as said before dont pay this dood full wack, stupid amount of time.