ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Progress Pictures

Arctic Blue Clio 182
Lookin good. You gettin the rear bumper smoothed in?? IMO you need to keep some lines as it can look too smooth and ruins the lines of the car. Tho i'll wait to see it painted before i judge it.

Likin the ideas tho.

2002 Clio Dynamic
:( Im all sad after reading this post,most of the things im getting done to my clio once the engine swap is done CrazyClio has already done!!!!
But mines is a mrk2 phs2 and im sticking with my litto 18s!!
So i take my hat off to you young Crazy Clio for a job well done and the balls to go out and do it all properly!!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Carbon Roof and Boot Next I think, I like the idea of Foose Wheels.

17s are going to stay on this till I can afford Airbags.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I know it will eventually, but its not like they are just stuffing the crack with filler, they are bringing the bumper and wings out, and then fibreglassing them together, wont be THAT much filler.

Anyone know where i cna get Konig Unkowns in a 19" diametre and 4 Stud. They exist. Apparently!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
kinda forgot about my own thread, how embaressing. I've been trying to speak to Konig, But they are just asking for my post code and giving me the local retailers. POTN should be able to help me anyway.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I cant edit my post for some reason but can a mod/admin edit my first pics as they have changed host to these ones.

Image025.gif

Image024.gif

Image027.gif

Image028.gif

Image029.gif

Image030.gif

Mini Cooper S sport
There's not much point me saying anything, Crazy Clio's already covered all the criticism hehe. I'm curious about how you have so much spare cash at the age of 18 though!?

I'm impressed with the way you've handled all the comments and I hope you're very happy with the car.

I'll be interested to see the finished product, although bodykits and other exterior mods aren't to my taste at all.

Rather than buying things, you've probably got the car at the stage where you can start blagging stuff for free for manufacturers.
All you need to do is get in touch with one of the main magazines, let them know what you're upto. They should then agree to feature your car once it's finished. Get that in writing, and you'll be getting free stuff rolling in from everywhere. A set of alloys shouldn't be a problem, especially from someone like Konig..... tyres may be a differant story though! Also, look towards some well established overseas companies who are now trying to get established in the UK, at the end of the day they're normally just as happy to chuck you a couple of hundread quids worth of stuff as long as it gets seen and mentioned in the feature, its cheap advertising for them and it works (dont worry, they wont expect you to plaster their logos all over your nice fresh paint work or anything!)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Drug Dealing pays. Jokes hehe.

I started work as a baker when I was 15 i used to go to school til l3pm, come home then work in the bakery from 5-10pm. I did this 3 nights a week, as well as working 8 hours every saturday and sunday. Never really used to do what most 15 year olds (stay in the park witha **** and a bottle of cider) was too cold for that.

I saved all this up then when i was 16, when i left school I started workin 39 hours. I saved all of this up. Then when I became 18 I got a pay rise, I started doing 39 hours and also did an extra 8 hours most works, some weeks I would work 6 10 hour shifts. Saved all this up, Then had a small bank loan for the rest. I spend all my money on 2 things, My car, and my clothes. I dont really go out drinking, I'd rather just stay in with a girl and catch a film or something.

Theres my life story.

AS for the magazine feature, I am not doubting that i will get a feature, but Its a long way off, I havent started the interior or engine yet! I'm going for cover car, which is increasingly difficult with so many project cars popping up, but thats my goal. id rather have a cover car thats cost £££££'s and gets featured in 5 years, then get a mid mag feature in a few months.

Valver Lookalike Mk1 Ph3
Still in a few year's time your going to be left with a clown car that will be hard to sell.

And any time you have a knock it will cost near a grand to fix.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I'll just sell it cheap for £2,000. I'm not doing this to make money, or as a wise investment, I'm doing it cause its what I want. A Fair comment regarding the knock, but thats just something that I am going to have to risk isnt it. It isnt your grand im going to use to fix it is?

M

mouthyman

well i think it looks pretty kool, i like modified cars, they're are different from everyone elses normail everyday cars.

Well once you've got the exterior sorted, you'll be able to get out there and blag all your interior gear for free.... that way you wont have to wait 5 years! Like you say, it's hard to think of something different to get you a cover feature, but I also have to agree with CDMullins and say that the unique things you are doing now could be very unfashionable (if thats the best way to describe) or more common by then.

Im sure its going to be a great looking car, but my advice would be to get your ideas into reality as soon as pos, trust me!

Yamaha R6
Not my style.. I know Riceboy.. who plays a strong role in the Energized bodyshop.. I dont live too far away.. I'll keep an eye out for it..

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Didnt think Riceboy worked there anymore. He not been there in the past few months.

update:

Theres alot happened, not long left now. The rear bumper has been smoothed into the arches, the number plate light has been smoothed out of the rear bumper, The sides are complete, I've decided on a stealth exhaust untill I can afford a Trapezoid custom built centre exit exhaust.

The boot and doors have been removed too.

The front bumper needs to be rebuilt, the grille smoothed in the mirrors need smoothing in then its ready for paint. Heres some crap quality pictures:

Image057.gif

Image058.gif

Image056.gif

Image055.gif

Image054.gif

Image052.gif

Image048.gif

Image049.gif

Image050.gif

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
looking forward to when its done fella, this has properly been brought up but there is quite a bit of filler? will it keep its shape ok?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
only time will tell, most of it is metal sheeting and fibreglass moulds. the finish to it is so smooth, even though theres no primer on it, Well impressed!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
nope, I Didnt want them widened till The air bag suspensions on, That will determine what arch work i need, and how big they need to "Bubble"

A Euro'd one...
ShaunR16v said:
Rather than buying things, you've probably got the car at the stage where you can start blagging stuff for free for manufacturers.
All you need to do is get in touch with one of the main magazines, let them know what you're upto. They should then agree to feature your car once it's finished. Get that in writing, and you'll be getting free stuff rolling in from everywhere. A set of alloys shouldn't be a problem, especially from someone like Konig..... tyres may be a differant story though! Also, look towards some well established overseas companies who are now trying to get established in the UK, at the end of the day they're normally just as happy to chuck you a couple of hundread quids worth of stuff as long as it gets seen and mentioned in the feature, its cheap advertising for them and it works (dont worry, they wont expect you to plaster their logos all over your nice fresh paint work or anything!)
Thats not exactly true, you dont really get 'freebies' as such, a few odd bits and pieces. I know quite a few guys who have had feature cars and one guy with a Max Power cover car (Wide 306 July 2005). They get discounts for example my mate paid £700 for 19" chromes off TSW when they were worth £1500. but not much in the way of free stuff.

1.6 focus zetec....
Aust1n said:
Not my style.. I know Riceboy.. who plays a strong role in the Energized bodyshop.. I dont live too far away.. I'll keep an eye out for it..
Na riceboy quit about 5months ago 'cos they were messing him around and stuff and i think he was getting his own place in stafford..i think

Kiza

Yamaha R6
kiza1986 said:
Na riceboy quit about 5months ago 'cos they were messing him around and stuff and i think he was getting his own place in stafford..i think

Kiza

really?. last time i spoke to him he was on about moving riceboy bodyworx to Hagley

1.6 focus zetec....
Well i havent spoke to him properly for a while...He said he was going to move to stafford after leaving energized and then worked with a mate for a bit so dont know if he changed his mind or anything

Kiza

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I had a thought today, I dont think the carbon bonnet is going to suit it so i have took my standard one to them and Having it badboy'd. Carbon Bonnet For sale by the way

I was pleasently shocked by the amount of work they have done to it!!

Image063.gif

Image064.gif

Image066.gif

Image065.gif

Image067.gif

Image068.gif

Image069.gif

Image070.gif

Image071.gif

just been into energized to get a quote to colour code a couple of bits and pieces on my 16v. They were the friendliest people i've ever dealt with in a retail environment. In reply to theduckeatspork, i really can't understand your opinion of them???? Their work has been spot on since the company changed about 5 months ago. Lee is a fantastic fabricator, able to put his hand to almost anything. He's currently working on a custom fibreglass install in my mates williams and its fecking ace!!!! Also i find it ludicrous to think that energized had anything to do with the lambda sensor going???? Ever wondered whether it may just have packed up coincidentally????? Also in reply to kiza1986, Riceboy did NOT quit. The relationship between Riceboy and the Energized directors just wasn't working and they both decided to call it quits, and go seperate ways. The work that is now coming out of the bodyshop is very very good!! How many places such as this allow customers to freely look into their workshops????
The clio featured in this thread looks even better in the flesh than the pictures show. The fabrication that they have done is absolutly fantastic!!! It's gonna look the absolute dogs when it comes out. Can't wait to see it after it's been painted and then maybe i can get mine in!!!!!!

Looks awesome mate!!! Really would stretch the pennies or drop something else to have a different colour, cant wait to see it finished!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Dontworry the extereior isnt finished yet. Wide Arches, 20" rims, filler cap moved into bott install and a respray

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
grazza said:
The clio featured in this thread looks even better in the flesh than the pictures show. The fabrication that they have done is absolutly fantastic!!! It's gonna look the absolute dogs when it comes out. Can't wait to see it after it's been painted and then maybe i can get mine in!!!!!!

$torm Rider said:
Thats not exactly true, you dont really get 'freebies' as such, a few odd bits and pieces. I know quite a few guys who have had feature cars and one guy with a Max Power cover car (Wide 306 July 2005). They get discounts for example my mate paid £700 for 19" chromes off TSW when they were worth £1500. but not much in the way of free stuff.

But you have to remember that TSW are one of the best known alloy wheel manufacturers out there, so no, the top companies aren't going to give as much away, as they get onto so many feature cars anyway. Wolfrace will happily give a set of 18's or 19's away to anyone with a confirmed feature, i know that for a fact as i was offered a couple of sets. As i said, its best to look to the companies who are new to the UK market.
I also know someone who after having had his 106 featured 3 times (the car was in a different "phase" each time), then got over £10k worth of stuff for re-doing his car for his 4th feature.... and he got all that over one w/end at Max Power Live 04 (and the car still isn't even done yet, in fact, not even sure if its still going ahead!)