ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 172wenty valve

secret
yeah matey, any info i find out and do i will post up :)

right so after work today i decided the interior was coming out so started with the seats which came out brilliant and it lead on to most hings now removed, i think tomorow i will get all the rest gone and get the heat gun out sat for all that tar type stuff

23e0168e.jpg

bbc223f5.jpg

6639f236.jpg
97ea57fe.jpg

unsure weather to leave dash in or remove glovebox area or what....hmm any ideas guys?? anyone got a ph1 boss?? will swap with a ph2 steering wheel lol

53 Clio's & counting
it was all done when i got the car lol and its still going now

Lol thats fair enough dude but thats waaaaay past what stock internals can handle imo, if it where me id have had that brought down a bit, imo im shocked its lasting!

German V6
Im so confused with these engine, everyone says diff things. Does anyone know what power a AGU engine can take??

Seen a Few Cupra R's running around 350+ A6's running 300 at the most and Golfs at about 250 summit, safest around 320 on standard internals, think the agu has one of the strongest internals.

silver clio 182
Agu has biggest ports BAM has strongest internals having thicker rods than the others and forged pistons once rods are uprated the worlds your oyster most use Integrated Engineering for rods etc very good prices if you want to run kO4 turbo expect around 280bhp and similar torque if your run a true 3inch intake you can get very close to 300bhp with a gd cooling setup and 3inch turbo back anymore power look at running a garrett can run over 300 safely on standard pistons like this as the bigger easier working turbo runs lower pressure and less heat therefore much more reliable than a k04 or K03

secret
Im going to get a aftermarket manifold and then turbo back will all be custom pipework, probs 3" downpipe into 2.5" or even 3" all the way. The 300 mark is what mark im after for now so thumbs up

secret
Header tank removed, all coolant hoses, all aircon pipes removed. Wiring look half off lol, more interior parts removed :)

More tomorow

secret
Got more out the car today and door cards are off. Also got the aircon unit off which was a sack lol

No pics though guys. Update in the week

secret
update with a few pics....

recieved boot struts today ( thanks mickstoke ) as i didnt have any. boot opens on its own now :)

d0575b13.jpg

also recieved alloy foot rest as when i removed carpet and the plastic one it looked really crap!!

bf5c491d.jpg

also got these for my ph1 fogs and cracked on. very happy with the outcome. just need to seal them in and clean them.

4c2182ba.jpg

f389d9ca.jpg

f3a4ebc6.jpg

Williams20V-306BHP
getting common these now...lol

Let me know if you need any info.

PS if you want 300bhp you will need a bigger turbo, manifold,440cc...etc it gets expensive...believe me lol

Its cheaper/better to stick with a std k04 turbo and manifold. aftermarkets for k04 manifolds are pointless, the turbo is the limiting factor. Also they are prone to cracking so check the exhaust housing before you hand over any cash.

Flan

The intercooler will be too small for a k04.

Mines running 293bhp and peaks at 320lb-ft, and on a Realistic dyno its the highest k04 numbers to date.

Rods, well. Rods bend very easily, i literally took a set out of an s3 this morning that has bent 1 at 260lb-ft. you'd be stupid to not put rods in.

dff1e018.jpg

He was lucky for it not to damage anything else.

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
The 1.8t is a good all round engine, i have a friend with a mk1 caddy with this lump, standard injectors, ko3S turbo uprated intercooler, none res 2 and a half exhaust one silencer on back, decat, Running on Omex engine management. goes like a rocket RR at 295 Bhp similiar torque, combine that with a 700kg caddy and your laughing

secret
Yeah i bet. Its just all round fun :) theres so many diffrent views on these engines tho. As u just said bendunn u mate has 295bhp off a ko3s but i got told i would be lucky to get that on a ko4. Reay confusing stuff lmao

The 1.8t is a good all round engine, i have a friend with a mk1 caddy with this lump, standard injectors, ko3S turbo uprated intercooler, none res 2 and a half exhaust one silencer on back, decat, Running on Omex engine management. goes like a rocket RR at 295 Bhp similiar torque, combine that with a 700kg caddy and your laughing

Pmsl. The ko3s cannot physically flow enough for 295/295. AMD rollers by any chance?

Im now running water meth, and hoping to crack the 300 mark on the rollers I did 285 previously. As for intercooler, I'm running 600x300x76, as the 540x200x54 cooler was restricting it.

Ph1 Clio 172
Digging the thread man keep it up. I was informed that if i was to do a Turbo convertion to my ph1 172 i should just slap in the Megan turbo engine..... any truth to this?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody hell Dan thats awesome figures for a K04. The most i've seen is 280 out of one.

250 is about the limit on a K03s turbo.

I love the 1.8T's.

Indeed, on only 21psi of boost too ;) Thats running a tubular manifold from the states, spools 750rpm earlier and keeps making power top end.

That was at badger 5 rollers too!

secret
few updates.

made a carbon blank for the rear wiper and trial fitted it. will wait till cars is painted properly and bond it on

fa5ad692.jpg

74ab34fb.jpg

also got myself a boost gauge, going to make a stereo blank out of carbon and mount it there along with cig lighter, hazard switch and central locking button and whatever else takes my fancy.

400ad9f4.jpg

tidied up all the wires from the seats and switches :)

b0c66296.jpg

ive still got to remove all that tar crap and get the grinder and all the little bits, decided to keep dash in and see how it goes painting it will plasticoat or what ever its called, just not sure how durable it will be, top dash is being flocked

secret
started making template for my carbon stereo blank so here it is ( just template lol ) still switches to sort out

d3217b59.jpg

secret
got the rest of that tar stuff out tonight so all gone now, it weighed 4.4 kg if anyones intrested lol just need to give it all a clean with turps now.

0642a13e.jpg

18ff5d93.jpg

secret
took me about a hour with a heatgun and a scraper, was hurting my legs towards the end lol

next job is the fun part, the grinding :D

secret
Lmao i need to nick works or lend/buy one yet. Broke the button on my last one, it was a oldun though. Remember ur PPE and we need to do a risk assesment lmao