ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project : 182 turbo

R35 GTR
Right, thought I would start a thread as I have decided to keep my car and start cleaning her up a bit.

Nothing special to start with, but want to track the progress.:)

I have started to strip out the engine bay and give it a proper clean and try and stop some of the pipes rubbing against sharp pointy bits and splitting.

Really wishing I hadnt started now!

DSCF0047.gif

DSCF0049.gif

DSCF0050.gif

DSCF0051.gif

DSCF0053.gif

DSCF0054.gif

DSCF0055.gif

DSCF0057.gif

DSCF0059.gif

DSCF0016jpeg.gif

DSCF0009jpeg.gif

DSCF0008.gif

DSCF0006.gif

M2 Competition
Ktec rebult it so you've taken it apart again! Argh dave!!!

Will look good once done though :p decided on interior yet mate?

R35 GTR
Ktec rebult it so you've taken it apart again! Argh dave!!!

Will look good once done though :p decided on interior yet mate?

The engine is still in one piece.:rasp: I think I will strip the rear seats out and lose my sub for now. Also got parts to fit a water spray kit so will need a tank in the boot..

There is no space in these engine bays! I have to try and find room for a datalogger and my boost controller, they are only small, but I am really struggling.

good man, with the write turbo,c/r......and cc's you could be knocking on for 350+ hp its been done...oh and for less than 5k:)

BB TUNED 182 (220BHP)
Is that the bb turbo conversion?

Total beast by the looks of it! Must be great fun whats it like on the track?

Inferno Orange 182 FF
get rid of the turbo badge people will just think your a chav... altho it would probs be even funnier when they try and race u and find out it is :p
i was thinkin of a turbo'ed clio, but i really dont want to keep it for years,
have fun driving it!! hehe

R35 GTR
I always get the same comments about the badge, but having spent 99% of my time under the bonnet the rest gets no attention. It went 6 months without a wash...but will be removing the badge when I get chance, plus got to remove the bbperformance tuning stickers too as the engine was built by ktec.

R35 GTR
got a few update pics. Had to fit a new heatshield behind the turbo as you can see the old one was looking a bit dangerous....

Had to remove the actuator thingy and also modify the bracket to minimise the rubbing against the heatshield. It's very tight behind there. The turbo is about 30mm from the brake lines!

th_DSCF0047-1.gif

th_DSCF0048.gif

th_DSCF0049-1.gif

th_DSCF0050-1.gif

inferno 182 both cup pack
and soon threre will be two. lol wont be long now mate and mine will be going in not to either of those those, will come back with some nice bhp yippppeeeee

R35 GTR
Thanks for the comments. Its very near running again, I just cant figure out why the feed and boost hoses from the turbo wont fit...It's bloody tight!

R35 GTR
Got it running yesterday, but got very hot very quick! The charge cooler pump had an airlock. Figure out that hooking up a hose pipe to the top of the header tank and a free hose out of the charge cooler with water pumping through the system is the best way to clear the air. I am a happy chappy again, nearly gave up.

Now got to take it easy monitor the temperatures and wire up the rest of my datalogger and boost controller.

Wish me luck!

R35 GTR
It's working! Inlet temperature is around 34 degC after idling for 1/2 hour on drive, not too bad i thought.

The boost controller is telling me I am hitting 94% duty cycle on the injectors at 0.8 bar, better start looking for bigger ones.

There is no space in these engine bays! I have to try and find room for a datalogger and my boost controller, they are only small, but I am really struggling.

Why nt remove all thats not needed ie air con rad etc PAS pump if you want to be adventurious carbon canistor. Water bottle to boot electric in the space etc?

I'm surpriced that ktec spec such a small increase injectors for duty cycle have you fiddled with the boost?

sorry if ive missed it mate, but what injectors are you running pal? if your at 94% JC at .8 bar they carnt be very big...:)

ITB'd MK1
It's working! Inlet temperature is around 34 degC after idling for 1/2 hour on drive, not too bad i thought.

The boost controller is telling me I am hitting 94% duty cycle on the injectors at 0.8 bar, better start looking for bigger ones.

apexi AVCR? not the most accurate guide to injector duty in honesty.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Mate,

Who made that big nice metal box? It is some kind of plenum am I right?

Right, thought I would start a thread as I have decided to keep my car and start cleaning her up a bit.

Nothing special to start with, but want to track the progress.:)

I have started to strip out the engine bay and give it a proper clean and try and stop some of the pipes rubbing against sharp pointy bits and splitting.

Really wishing I hadnt started now!

DSCF0047.gif

QUOTE]

R35 GTR
sorry if ive missed it mate, but what injectors are you running pal? if your at 94% JC at .8 bar they carnt be very big...:)
I have been monitoring peak values, which jump to near 100% when lifiting off throttle. At full throttle its about 70%. Not sure what the injectors are but I think there is a little room for some more tuning.

apexi AVCR? not the most accurate guide to injector duty in honesty.
I'll borrow a signal generator from work and get an exact figure, will find out exactly how accurate it is.

Would love to see this one day mate!
You are quite local to me aswell arent you?
In Andover, not sure if thats far or not.lol.

i think thatll be the charge cooler mate
Yep.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Sounds like you have 330cc ones in at a guess.

I'm at 64% @ 14psi with 440cc ones in my MX5

R35 GTR
An update:

The turbo wastegate was not sealing so everything was getting a bit hot and didnt boost up very quick. Now have a new turbo exhaust side housing and the thing is a rocket again. Also had to get some decent studs, washers and locknuts to hold the turbo on as the bolts kept loosening off.

Car has had mot, new rear shocks and got a carbon fibre bonnet last night.

Plans for the future are to strip out as much as I can and get the car mapped at RStuning to at least 300bhp.

This may take me a few months....

Chav Rocket
where in andover? i am working in andover this week (at the lloyds tsb campus building) - opposite andover college

R35 GTR
Not getting much work done on this at the moment so offering it up for sale if anyone is interested.

It's listed in the for sale section.

Focus RS Mk1
looks nice. a nice spec'd motor, shame the engine bay is a fashion statement. dont like it at all. i like the red. the chrome sucks for me though!

R35 GTR
looks nice. a nice spec'd motor, shame the engine bay is a fashion statement. dont like it at all. i like the red. the chrome sucks for me though!

I like the polished bits, but they are a pain in the arse to keep looking shiny.