ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cars 2 Time Trial Challenge January 18

Guidelines:
1. At the start of each month a track and car are chosen by the driver with the fastest time from the previous month. If the same driver is fastest two months in a row then the track/car choice falls to the next fastest driver. The car & track should be chosen within a few days of the start of the month.
2. Keep to short tracks (<3 miles) so that it doesn't take too long to try and set a good time.
3. DLC cars not allowed.
4. Times must be set in time trial mode, not free practice or any other mode.
5. Entries should include what platform, controller (wheel or pad) and options were used - i.e. ABS, traction control and stability control.
6. Entries to be backed up by leaderboard link, screenshot or video.

Someone pick a car and track?

Goliath I
Formula X would be a right load round Long beach lol The RX and RX Lites are great fun for enclosed tracks like this though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Did a 1:24:204, but was in the wrong gear at one point and fucked up the hairpin. Got bored of sticking to the walls at that point so I'm sure someone else will stick in a 1:23 or lower. Wheel, no aids, stock 'stable' setup.
20180116153407_1.jpg

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I really nees to get a wheel before i get stuck into this! G29 the best at sensible money?

I really nees to get a wheel before i get stuck into this! G29 the best at sensible money?
I'd say the G29 is the best for under £200 yeah, look at the wheel stand pro V2 as well mate as they go really well together and it can be folded with the wheel and pedals in situ to reduce space when storing.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say the G29 is the best for under £200 yeah, look at the wheel stand pro V2 as well mate as they go really well together and it can be folded with the wheel and pedals in situ to reduce space when storing.

This is my setup folded up for the old G25. Easily slides into the storage cupboard under the stairs that everyone has. Folds out like a set of small step ladders, has a power-supply to plug in and the USB lead to the PC and that's it. Literally up and running in under a minute.

upload_2018-1-18_8-28-25.png

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm waaaay off at the minute - 10 seconds of @McGherkin 's time. I know instantly what my issue is though - to do with braking. I'm either way too late, or far too early - especially at the end of the main straight and with that first left-hander.

Reckon sub 1.30s would be achievable for me, but after that, anything would be luck! :smile:

upload_2018-1-21_14-21-43.png

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Might try that!

I set the FF to ‘Immersive’ as well - it felt a little too much with the feedback. The Honda CTR I tried on the Ring with it set to Informative felt more relaxed.

Loved the feel (or lack of) very briefly when you’re accelerating hard with a FWD car and go to change gear. Very subtle, but it’s impressive!

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Finally got chance to have a blast this evening, stuck the stable setup on.. loose was an absolute handful!.. couple of hours later and I managed a 1:22.949

Probably could of found a couple more tenths in the last couple of corners but It was exhausting getting that time so called it a night, started to go slower

33c034d9372b1371539901fe72610bbc.jpg

Xbox/Thrustmaster Wheel/std setup/ no aids