ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cars 3

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure what they're thinking with this one. Taking the game in a bit if a different direction it would seem 🤔.

Could still be fun but think this will upset a few people..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
WTF is with all the Mario Kart pickups on the circuit?

Very early days - but I highly doubt I'd be keen for PC3 based on the above. I think I'll stick with ACC.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Looks utter shite, really enjoyed PC2’s as well, massive disappointment for me. Can only assume they are marketing this towards kids ready for the new consoles coming later this year, great, another arcadey racing game.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Looks like they’re aiming this at a wider audience to get more sales. It was bound to happen eventually.

Clio 182
As I've seen mentioned on a few other sites, seems like the pit lane is blocked off on these previews. Shame as I used to like doing the endurance races but if you can't do that then I think I'll pass.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I think that the shambles that PC1 was lost them a lot of sales on PC2 me included. I did snatch it up free but yet to play it mind. This definitely looks to be aimed at a wider audience but their current fan base are the sort to rip on arcade games so you can imagine it won't go down well.

Could still be fun like Project Gotham, GRID type games I suppose but I wont be jumping up and down for it on release.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like they’re aiming this at a wider audience to get more sales. It was bound to happen eventually.
You're right. As much as I really like Assetto Corsa Competizione - it's a niche game. And niche games don't rake in the same amount of money.

I've been trying to get a couple of races setup as a regular Thursday evening thing. I've no problems at all drumming up interest for PC2, but hardly anyone wants to go on AC or ACC.

I really hope that PC3 doesn't go too arcadey, though?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This is doing little to convince me that they’ve made a sensible choice in being too arcadey. I think the Project Cars series carved out a nice little niche for itself - sitting somewhere between the likes of the easy-going Forza and the driving sim titan that is Assetto Corsa Competizione.

Now they are trying to chase an established standard that’s been firmly championed by Forza, now in its eighth iteration. Whilst at the same time, forgoing some aspects of the previous games such as commitment and practice to a particular car or race type.

Hopefully I’m wrong - but this does come across worryingly like it hasn’t a clue as what it’s meant to be. Or to whom...

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing they see the size of the player base in Forza and GT and feel going for the casual gamer is a make it or break it move. I think PC2 tanked badly small player base and a lot of those didn't enjoy the game for long. That niche is probably partly their issue. If you want casual that works on a controller you go Forza and Gran Turismo if you want something more sim then you have AC if strictly console only.

They released a trailer and I saw this gameplay video. Main issue I see in the gameplay is the camera visual effects but hopefully they can be disabled like Forza which also has terrible camera effects out the box.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'm guessing they see the size of the player base in Forza and GT and feel going for the casual gamer is a make it or break it move. I think PC2 tanked badly small player base and a lot of those didn't enjoy the game for long. That niche is probably partly their issue. If you want casual that works on a controller you go Forza and Gran Turismo if you want something more sim then you have AC if strictly console only.

They released a trailer and I saw this gameplay video. Main issue I see in the gameplay is the camera visual effects but hopefully they can be disabled like Forza which also has terrible camera effects out the box.
It was an interesting comment in that PC Gamer link that referred to the efforts made in PC3 with the controller. I personally could not drive cars in PC2 with the pad - despite my tweaking. I either ended up with steering that had the reaction time of an ocean liner, or it felt like I was controlling a light-cycle from TRON.

If they are trying to break into the Forza/GT arena, then that's a very bolshy move and one that I hope works for them. Potentially they have the major benefit of access to a cross-platform player base - something that is clearly lacking from the GT camp in particular. Who knows - I'll be keeping an eye on this just to see how it develops.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
You'll see this in Arcades across the globe, it's all it's fit for. It's just missing a check point mode.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was perhaps on the fence with buying seen as there's f**k all coming from Forza for a while but this looked like utter shite from anything I saw on release. Even if you want a chilled more arcade based driving game it still looks s**t.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I was perhaps on the fence with buying seen as there's f**k all coming from Forza for a while but this looked like utter shite from anything I saw on release. Even if you want a chilled more arcade based driving game it still looks s**t.
Could represent the final title in the series. The dislike for it is strong!

1601903278947.png

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Could represent the final title in the series. The dislike for it is strong!

I was under the impression this was supposed to be a last hurrah for the franchise anyway. So it's highly likely they just fired any old s**t out with the ethos that if it made money "great" if it didn't "oh well". That's why it had such a u-turn on it's play style.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I was under the impression this was supposed to be a last hurrah for the franchise anyway. So it's highly likely they just fired any old s**t out with the ethos that if it made money "great" if it didn't "oh well". That's why it had such a u-turn on it's play style.
Such a shame though that PC2 was a big improvement over PC1 and then it literally drives itself off a cliff with PC3.

I'm not sure I'd even buy this in a sale for £9.99.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Such a shame though that PC2 was a big improvement over PC1 and then it literally drives itself off a cliff with PC3.

I'm not sure I'd even buy this in a sale for £9.99.

Tell me about it, they were both good games. Some cars were questionable (in terms of who's asking for these) but otherwise it was alright. Loved the fact I could drive around a circuit that is 30mins away and I used it to learn the basic lines of tracks prior to track days but it's just nothing compared to GT or ACC.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've been watching some videos on this, it doesn't look a terrible game, more like a successor to PGR than Project Cars. With a different title it could have been well received it seems.

It looks like something I'd enjoy, hopefully it tanks in price and I can pick it up cheap soon. It's already down sub £30 at PCWorld.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
What do you need to play this?

I was looking to buy a used Ps4, but can I do it on a laptop and just buy the wheel etc? I'm way out of touch with computer stuff

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Why would you play this? Lol.

however, the answer is yes, assuming your laptop is powerful enough. Likely not though.

Can't find anything else that has UK circuits on and I don't need something fancy to play it on.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Assetto Corsa, with mods, is your answer. I currently have:
Anglesey
Brands
Cadwell
Combe
Croft
Curborough
Donington
Goodwood
Goodwood FoS
Harewood Hillclimb
IOM TT
Mallory Park
Oulton
Silverstone
Snetterton
Thruxton
Knockhill

Plus various fictional/road courses

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
If you're planning to use a controller, it will suck... badly...

nah would get a wheel and pedals. nowt flash though. I don;t want to break lap records, just fancied doing some tracks while I'm stuck in the house .

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
++ the G920 I have, works with the Xbox and my PC so if I want to do something on Assetto or iRacing I can with the same wheel.

My xbox is from 2016 though, and the TV hooked up to it is 1080p from about the same time. Graphics aren't amazing, but they're useable.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
++ the G920 I have, works with the Xbox and my PC so if I want to do something on Assetto or iRacing I can with the same wheel.

My xbox is from 2016 though, and the TV hooked up to it is 1080p from about the same time. Graphics aren't amazing, but they're useable.

Which x box mate? I am so confused by all the variants! There's a black one and a white one which is an S?

Basically, I needed to make a thread of what's the most wallet friendly way to be able to have a basic sim with pedals and wheel, that you can go onto UK tracks!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
+
+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MS7W5EG/?tag=cliospnet01-21
+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06W9JBMVB/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I bought my G920 in Feb 2020, so paid about half what they go for now!

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
+
+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MS7W5EG/?tag=cliospnet01-21
+
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06W9JBMVB/?tag=cliospnet01-21

I bought my G920 in Feb 2020, so paid about half what they go for now!
Brill thanks for that