ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Clubsport Clio 200

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Triple R Composites are now finally making a Clio 200 direct fit splitter. A few people were previously using the Mk2 Focus ST splitter and modifying it to fit.
At lease they'll be a good option for 200 owners now.
It looks a little low for me, but I'm going to wait until I see the final one fitted to a car.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Triple R Composites are now finally making a Clio 200 direct fit splitter. A few people were previously using the Mk2 Focus ST splitter and modifying it to fit.
It looks a little low for me, but I'm going to wait until I see the final one fitted to a car.
I had a look round for some splitters but there's like no choice, and most of them are pretty obnoxious, so if the Triple R one is more subtle that could be interesting.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Do you need a cage, or just want one?
No plans for anything serious and my seats aren't stamped anyway so it's just because I want one. Only the rear Safety Devices one, nothing drastic. They're bolt in.
There's a guy on 200net who's selling one in Sep/Oct so we'll see.

I had a look round for some splitters but there's like no choice, and most of them are pretty obnoxious, so if the Triple R one is more subtle that could be interesting.

The Sifo one is the only one I like, but for that price tag, no thanks..

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Sifo stuff is mental, but I so would if I had the budget. The quality looks unreal.
They make a complete flat underbody for the Mk3. :|

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Big update time.
FINALLY took delivery of my new seats on Friday. Two Corbeau Clubsports in standard size. First impressions are they they're SNUG in standard size, I'd say anyone over a 34" waist would struggle to be comfy! Much more so that the Pole Position I was using previously. Fitted the frames to the sidemounts on the driver's side and the sliders for the passenger. Ten minutes at the most.

IMG_4721_zpsaw160ifs.jpg

The quality is absolutely bang on, and for the price you really can't beat them. With the extra snugness over the PP, I actually find them comfier too. Bonus.

Fitted:

IMG_4731_zpsfjzxvzg8.jpg

IMG_4723_zpsjdg8jo8a.jpg

The finished interior:

IMG_4733_zpss3njutdm.jpg

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out really. So glad that I snapped up the red belts when I saw them.

Next up - Fit my Varley dry-cell battery and X85 airbox, then the major service/belts at the end of the month. I'm also having the outer steering arms changed for new ones, new discs/pads all round, as well as rear suspension and lower engine mount polybushes fitted. It should feel fresh after all that.

Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
4-point harnesses need to happen dude.

They're worth an extra second a lap at least

Negative. It's a road car first. I've done the whole totally stripped, buckets/harnesses thing with the Ph1 and hated it on anything other than an 11/10ths blast. This is more compromised but better for what I used it for.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Love the interior, looks great. Harnesses could be good. Can always tuck them out of the way or remove them when not in use. Depends if you plan to do any track days I suppose though.

I recently saw one of these at a track day with the cup racer air box, it sounded brilliant. I'd definitely do it if I had one!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Love the interior, looks great. Harnesses could be good. Can always tuck them out of the way or remove them when not in use. Depends if you plan to do any track days I suppose though.

I recently saw one of these at a track day with the cup racer air box, it sounded brilliant. I'd definitely do it if I had one!

I'd need a harness bar though. Not a fan of floor mounting them. At all.

leeds2592

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Said on Facebook but I'll say it on here as well. Looks ace, perfectly OEM+ on the interior.

If I didn't have to have the dog in the back of mine, I'd have my back seats straight out.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
How much of a pita was it to change the belts over? They look quite good!
Twenty minutes a side.
Pull the sill trims off (and weather stripping) as well as the rear interior quarter trims.
The seatbelt mech is held in by one T40 and the buckle at the top by another T40.
The hardest part is removing the trim without damaging it. If you remove the rear speaker first, then you can get your arm inside and push the trim out from the back, rather than pulling it from the front.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Saw these on the 197/200 FB group before but I must say that looks like a great place to sit! Looking awesome mate, hopefully see it in person soon.