ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Dash Conversion

Petrol Blue 182.
the triangle button needs to fit in the original whole, and the wiring block from the original hazzard button is too fit to fit, so have to do a little bit of chopping, or melting in my case as i cant find the dremel

Never above 25mpg
Can you not create an extension so it will press the button so the switch can sit further behind the triangle but still operate "as normal" ?

Petrol Blue 182.
if only I had though of that! Ive chopped it now lmao damn! yours was probly the easiest option lol

Coiley'd Clio PH2
Can you not create an extension so it will press the button so the switch can sit further behind the triangle but still operate "as normal" ?

Yea, thats what i was thinking. Kinda, glue the phase 2 button to the top of the phase 1 hazard button ad simply mount the phase 2 button as it should be; with the phase 1 electronics behind it.

Never above 25mpg
Or you could've sprayed the old button the same colour as the other switches and modified the holder so it would sit in and look OEM...

Petrol Blue 182.
Or you could've sprayed the old button the same colour as the other switches and modified the holder so it would sit in and look OEM...

Thought of that too, the buttons bigger then the trim where all the buttons fit on lol.

Cheers Nick!

Petrol Blue 182.
Finaly got the hazzard switch to fit! :D

Took a while to do all the chopping, and its not very neat, but you wont see that anyway.

PICT0853.jpg

The switch in

PICT0855.jpg

The switch cover, doesn't fit flush when off, not sure if its like that anyway, but I'm well chuffed with the bodge! :)

PICT0856-1.jpg

Dash is going in tonight!

?
nah im just tired, its been a long day haha.

But... is their gnna be a tutorial? havent read through everything but exactly how much work is involved?

Petrol Blue 182.
not alot realy, few re-wiring dificulties, i.e can't re-wire the hazzard switch so have to bodge something up stalks are a bit of a pain, got to get hold of some poverty spec ones, and need door cards to match the mould, anythings better then the PH1 dash lol

Petrol Blue 182.
Project Dash 90% complete!!!

Nearly done now all dash is in with a little help from a mate :approve:, just need to get the wiring done (friday) and a few bits from the scrappy, (drivers dash strip, gear stick gator air vent and a few other loose bits)

Once I put the steering wheel on I realised I hadn't set up the stalk cancellor thingy so the indicators don't cancel automaticly, Doh!

Other then that it was quite simple, Ive also had to chop away at the cup holders for the dynostic port thing.

Oh and the door card moulds match up! :D which meens I wont have to run without door cards for a while.

Trim is a bit dirty and needs a good clean, chuffed with the results is an understatment :D

Pics!!

PICT0857.jpg

PICT0858.jpg

PICT0859.jpg

Door Cards matching up!

PICT0860.jpg

Old clocks in, just had to chop two screw holes off to get them flush!

PICT0861.jpg

Chopped cup holders

PICT0865.jpg

Missing air vent

PICT0867.jpg

Nearly there!!! :)

PICT0870.jpg

Thanks
Ryan

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
jelous i want one coz no one does navy blue buckets! i want a black interior!

Vibed loooowww 1.poo
looking good mate... ah i used to have those doorcards lol....hated them... much better now i got the phquick ones...are u goin to convert to electric windows too mate?

Petrol Blue 182.
I don't think there was a non-electric window model in the ph2 range, so I think I may just have to :)

?
Hmm think ill keep my rsi interior, it doesnt look too bad and a ph2 interior wont match the colour of my seats/doorcards

corsa ecoflex
Looks so much better mate...at least now when i do mine i know who to ask for help..loving the car ryan its all finally coming together

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Ive got mondial dash strips, steering wheel insert and gear stick insert!

If you want them drop me a pm!

:)

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
Nice work Ryan, PH1 dash's do look so w**k... looks like you made a tidy job of it all, Look forward to seeing it tomorrow ;).... next, stop making it look pretty and drop a 172 block in there!

James

Petrol Blue 182.
Amazing, i really thought you'd f**k this up.

Well done.

FLOL!! :cool:

Ive got mondial dash strips, steering wheel insert and gear stick insert!

If you want them drop me a pm!

:)

May be interested in the steering wheel insert!

Nice work Ryan, PH1 dash's do look so w**k... looks like you made a tidy job of it all, Look forward to seeing it tomorrow ;).... next, stop making it look pretty and drop a 172 block in there!

James

Got other plans for that james, one of many plans ;)

Petrol Blue 182.
Just got back from the scrappy, picked up a few more bits. Airvent, dash strip, radio controls, poverty spec stalk for the window wipers and a new bonet release pull

PICT0878.jpg