ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Natal renamed and slim 360 on the way!

yeah ps3 is doing great in the states lol

Here are the US hardware sales for the month of May from NPD:
* Nintendo DS 383.7K
* Wii 334.8K
* Xbox 360 194.6K
* PlayStation 3 154.5K
* PSP 59.4K

Here's is Microsoft's reply to the numbers via tech.uk.msn.com:
A company statement notes that Xbox 360 "continues to outsell the PlayStation 3 at retail for the fifth consecutive year and every single month of 2010."

The company's apparently also pleased to hear "great feedback from retailers that the new Xbox 360 250GB is experiencing unprecedented demand."

Microsoft claims that Xbox 360 sales are up since the new console launched earlier this month, resulting in "a significant sales spike" for the platform.

1.8 Civic EX
If you have time head over the www.Gametrailers.com and watch the first new Bonus Round Video. It's about 15mins long and it's a report from E3 covering the new control systems (Kinect and Move) and what they actually think of them. (can't post the link cos I'm at work at the site is blocked)

Dare I say it (as a 360 owner) but the actual games for the Move seem to be better and more like actual games than those child like Wii games for Kinect :(

Quite an interesting watch though :)

Where did all the xbox fan boys hating on the PS3 come from lol? Why post up sales data for the continent where the xbox is made? Why not post Japanese xbox sales?;)

Anyway face it Kinnect is s**t, Sony's Move is s**t!

Nothing more than a desparate attempt by BOTH companies for a slice of the Wii parlour game action. Nothing for the hardcore gamers to surely get excited over, least of all start spouting misleading sales data over??

Goliath I
No, PS3 is the bestsest console in the whole widest woooooorld!!! lol

Dont know about anyone else but my idea of gaming is sitting down after a days work, chilling, with a controller in hand.... Not jumping about like an idiot in front of the t.v.

Clio 182 cup'd
The new xbox looks ace! Microsoft and Sony need to accept that nintendo have won over the casual gamer for this generation and that won't change now!

1.8 Civic EX
play.com has the new 360 in stock. dispatched in 24hours says on the site. i thought it wasn't released untill the 16th?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
can't see what the fuss is about, it's the biggest anticlimax ever, spank £200 on a console you already own, get home, go wow it's pretty turn it on. same thing. /end feel good factor

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Decided to get one, our local store opens at 8am only - they said it's not worth opening early for a hardware revision.

Never above 25mpg
can't see what the fuss is about, it's the biggest anticlimax ever, spank £200 on a console you already own, get home, go wow it's pretty turn it on. same thing. /end feel good factor

You could use that for almost any argument in terms of new tech nowadays.

Iceberg Ph1
Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow, I've had my Xbox 20GB now for 5 years and it never RROD, but its time for a sexy new upgrade me thinks!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
well i have a ps3 too and the slim didn't even raise an eyebrow! must just be me then

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Just picked mine up - Its niiiiiiice :)

D-pad on the new pads is brilliant - its actually useable!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
can u take a pic of it? be interested to see if it's any different - couldn't find one on google. (the pad that is )

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
wow, its my Elites slightly glossy brother with a couple of upgrades, i'll save myself £200 thanks Bill

1.8 Civic EX
Looking forward to getting mine tomorrow, I've had my Xbox 20GB now for 5 years and it never RROD, but its time for a sexy new upgrade me thinks!

same as me, I've been thinking about chopping in for an Elite for a good few months then this one has turned up so makes sense to get one to me.

The "upgrade" argument is exactly the same as that of the iPhone. I had a 3G and upgraded to the 4. It has a nicer screen and better camera but using it and 95% of what it actually does is the same as the 3G. Still done it though. It's they way things work as far as tech is concerned. If no-one bought the upgrades then nothing would be upgraded.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
My missus looked at it and got it spot on - it's the same size as an argos book! (but taller obviously).

THE reason to get this is the noise - its silent, so nice to not have it hoovering away.

Just transferred all my data over so the old one is officially retired - mine is an original albeit repaired via microsoft when it red ringed.

I actually hate elites, I have 3 mates and and my brother that has one and they are silly loud, much more so than the original, the replacement board I had in mine was much quieter.

Even when a discs spins up it doesn't sound like a leaf blower anymore!

I guess if you recently got an elite then don't bother unless you need the extra space but for anyone tempted to upgrade from an original premium or arcade do it!

1.8 Civic EX
did you buy the data transfer cable too or already have one?

I think Mocrosoft were dishing out free ones when the elite came out but looks like you have to buy them this time around. :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
No, I didn't realise it wouldn't copy over full game installs so there was no point - all my info, avatar stuff saved games profile 'just' came in at under 9GB so I used my pen drive to copy it over.

To be honsest I'd advise anyone to do that instead, for the price of a transfer cable go out and buy a 16GB memory stick - MUCH more useful, once you've used that transfer cable thats it, you can't use it again as your're getting rid of the old harddrive it connects to!

1.8 Civic EX
oh didn't think of that! I've only got a 2gb stick though and my 20gb drive is pretty much full (although thats becasue I've got Mass Effect installed on it due to the disc being scratchd which is about 6gb on it's own) . Could take a while to transfer the lot using the stick! lol still, better than spending £15 on a cable I'll only use once!