ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Natal renamed and slim 360 on the way!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
same as me, I've been thinking about chopping in for an Elite for a good few months then this one has turned up so makes sense to get one to me.

The "upgrade" argument is exactly the same as that of the iPhone. I had a 3G and upgraded to the 4. It has a nicer screen and better camera but using it and 95% of what it actually does is the same as the 3G. Still done it though. It's they way things work as far as tech is concerned. If no-one bought the upgrades then nothing would be upgraded.

does this one do anything different at all then? maybe i've misunderstood? i thought it was 100% the same

1.8 Civic EX
does this one do anything different at all then? maybe i've misunderstood? i thought it was 100% the same

compared to the original premium:

HDMI port
Seperate Optical Out port
Natal/Kinect Ready (so no need for the external power supply that Kinect will need if you have an older model I belive)
250gb harddrive (compared to 20gb)
quieter
extracts heat better

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
extracts heat better

It gets VERY hot on the top (I always like my consoles flat - so right hand side if you stand it up)

I'd suggest leaving a good amount of space around the console - this seems to be the main heat outlet on the console.

You missed:

Built in wifi
Lower power usage in standby and while gaming
Revised pad, black analog sticks and bottom plastic, new center button and slightly different dpad - seems much better
Touch sensitive buttons
Revised headset included
And the accessing speed of a disc is MUCH improved although I'd always recommend installing to hard drive first anyway.

1.8 Civic EX
It gets VERY hot on the top (I always like my consoles flat - so right hand side if you stand it up)

I'd suggest leaving a good amount of space around the console - this seems to be the main heat outlet on the console.

You missed:

Built in wifi
Lower power usage in standby and while gaming
Revised pad, black analog sticks and bottom plastic, new center button and slightly different dpad - seems much better
Touch sensitive buttons
Revised headset included
And the accessing speed of a disc is MUCH improved although I'd always recommend installing to hard drive first anyway.

lol I missed a fair bit!

Back at work now but quickly set it up and turned it on to make sure all is well. "Quieter" is a massive understatement, it's borderline silent!
Pad felt much better than the old ones too, feels better built for some reason

Thanks for the tip about the heat, I only have space to stand it upright so im in luck. If I was to lay it down the right hand side would be right up agaisnt a wall.

Polo + Micra
just nipped out now and picked one up from my local gamestation

hopefully be worth it over the xbox i've got now

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
just nipped out now and picked one up from my local gamestation

hopefully be worth it over the xbox i've got now

let us know what you think, i'm itching for an excuse to get something shiny but can't see the value atm.

It is VERY quiet, guy at work had his delivered today and has it running Forza on the desk behind me, you wouldn't know it was there.

Polo + Micra
tbh i'm probably not even going to get the kinetic thing

but does seem quieter than the super elite i've got although i haven't put a disc in it yet as i'm just trying to copy me save games over

but it does seem like they have left the option open to upgrade the hd at a later date

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
I think I'm going to get one, but with no good reason, other than I want one, LOL

HMV are doing the best trade-in apparently, £110 for an Elite, then I can flog my wireless adapter too, making it a £50 /£60 upgrade for me

tempting...

Citroen DS3 DSport
I considered trading my 250gb Super Elite for the new Slim but I decided it wasn't worthwhile. I'm not convinced it offers any real benefit.

BMW F31
I considered trading my 250gb Super Elite for the new Slim but I decided it wasn't worthwhile. I'm not convinced it offers any real benefit.

Im in the same boat, upgraded my Launch Day premium last year to a 250GB Super Elite and I dont really see any major benefit over that, only thing i like the sound of is built in Wi-Fi and the quietness.

1.8 Civic EX
don't forget the very cool touch sensitive power and eject buttons on the console that now make the funky little beep noises when pressed...thats the deal breaker tbh lol

I've you've got a super elite already then I don't see the point tbh. Only really worth it for those in the position I was in still running with thier orginal 20gb premium.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
one of my mates is actually having my Elite off me for £110 now, rather let him have it than HMV sell it for profit

means I'm not tied to HMV now though, so need to hunt for the best deal

plus points for me on the upgrade are the quietness, larger HDD, built in wirless n wifi and it looks nicer, will match my PS3 in gloss black ;)

npd figures for june in north america
* Nintendo DS - 510,700
* Xbox 360 - 451,700
* Wii - 422,500
* PlayStation 3 - 304,800
* PSP - 121,000

Never above 25mpg
one of my mates is actually having my Elite off me for £110 now, rather let him have it than HMV sell it for profit

means I'm not tied to HMV now though, so need to hunt for the best deal

plus points for me on the upgrade are the quietness, larger HDD, built in wirless n wifi and it looks nicer, will match my PS3 in gloss black ;)

How much are they offering off the normal Premium? I've still got the 20GB one so it's definitely time I upgraded.

997.1, Caddy, e208
It's hardly Slim!

IMG_0541.jpg

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0542

Last edited:
  997.1, Caddy, e208
No, but I expected it to be slimmer.

BenHeck would have done such a better job making this.

I hope the fact its quieter and makes "fancy" noises is worth the ££££

Ah well, its one more to the collection of 360's none-the-less

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I believe its official name is Microsoft Xbox 360 slightly shorter than the last one S.

SQ5
I think I'm going to get one, but with no good reason, other than I want one, LOL

HMV are doing the best trade-in apparently, £110 for an Elite, then I can flog my wireless adapter too, making it a £50 /£60 upgrade for me

tempting...

Local HMV are doing it for £89.99 if you trade in an Elite

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
How much are they offering off the normal Premium? I've still got the 20GB one so it's definitely time I upgraded.

HMV will only take Elite's but Game will take any console, prices are on their website

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
got one tonight from Currys, the last one! :approve:

it was £189.99 for the console only or £199.99 with 3 games, so as anyone in their right mind would do, I went for that option as you can sell/trade the games for more than £10

had a quick look in the box, but not powered it up yet, will do it tomorrow when I have time to set it up and do the HDD transfer

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
if they have any in stock

I was hunting for one and struggled on Monday, there will be even less available now

Astra CDTI SRI
Kinect is going to cost £130. That includes a game.

Too expensive IMO, but it will still sell like hot cakes.

1.8 Civic EX
is that going to be cost regardless of what machine you own though? I would have thought it'd be cheaper on the new "not so" slim as it's Kinect ready?

Astra CDTI SRI
Nope, same price for all consoles.

All the kinect port on the new console does is power the sensor.

If you have an old console, you'll need to plug the kinect sensor into the mains.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
done the HDD data transfer tonight, updated my licences, etc... so it's all done & dusted now :D

first impressions, it looks small now sat next to my PS3, it might not actually be much smaller than my Elite, but it seems that way visually

it's also very quiet, I fired the Elite up a few mins ago to check everything was ready for the new owner and it sounded like a Dyson! :S

looks very nice though, definately a step forward and more pleasing to the eye :cool: