ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Natal renamed and slim 360 on the way!

Astra CDTI SRI
Project Natal is now called "Kinect"

And here's the leaked photo of the slim.

xbox_360_slim.jpg

EDIT - It's also got built in WI-FI

Last edited:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Doesn't look much thinner ! Probably just made the power brick bigger lol !

421 Cammed 172
I've got the wifi adaptor anyway and it looks fine to me!

You're not getting anymore money from me Bill Gates!

I'll keep my JTAG thanks!

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
its not supposed to be "thin" its a fair bit smaller though.

Last edited:

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
ooof I like that, not sure if I like it enough to pay money for it though, after all it will only do exactly what mine does now!

looks weird? and not thin??? wtf

MS never suggested it would be a '360 Slim', just the usual journos/bloggers putting 2 and 2 together and getting an MS version of the PS3 Slim.

Hasn't been mentioned here yet, but it also powers Kinect. If you're using an 'old' 360 it will require a separate power supply.

New console does look amazing and I may well be tempted. They have solved the RROD albeit by removing the red LED's - seriously!

Kinnect does concern me though (as does Sony Move) I fear we should brace ourselves for a bucketload of shovelware and tacked on motion controls.

Evo 8 MR
I think Kinect looks brilliant tbh. Much better than Sony's MOVE.

I'll wait for the reviews and that once it's released and I may even be tempted to buy a 360.

Mito Sportiva 135
and that's why it's a waste of money. BIG mistake IMO. I would have bought one

Er, no, it's a games console. Adding BR would be the waste of money as by now a lot of people have got a dedicated player and would resent paying extra for something they already have!

Plus MS argue that as they do HD movie downloads then no real need.

I WANT one!

ITB'd MK1
odd logic. It's probably the biggest thing keeping the PS3 in the competition. I'd upgrade from my 4+ year old 360 if the new one had blueray, and I'm sure a lot of others would too. As it is, I'll just stick with what i have

Clio mk3 1.5td,Scooby,206
Don't see the point if you already own a 360 or a ps3 for that matter. From what i gather it does NOTHING a normal 360 will do with a wifi adaptor.

Do we really think they have solved the rrod problem? I'll stick to my normal 360 and ps3 thanks but might get the cam thing for the kids.

Never above 25mpg
odd logic. It's probably the biggest thing keeping the PS3 in the competition. I'd upgrade from my 4+ year old 360 if the new one had blueray, and I'm sure a lot of others would too. As it is, I'll just stick with what i have

It's the fact that the normal 360 is very likely to RROD at some point in it's life and the warranty will be running out for those of us who had them replaced at the start of their lives!

I'll be getting one due to a fresh bit of warranty and a nicer get-up :cool:

I have all three consoles, when it comes to this sort of stuff i want all bases covered however i wont be buying one.
I bought a PS3 aswell mainly because of the blu ray but it does have some very nice exclusive games aswell (even if i dont like the controller). This seems to be yet another con to make money from us which has bugged me somewhat.
Regarding RROD i had a first gen 360 premium which didnt get it, then my first gen elite got a problem with graphics card (Not RROD after like 3 years).
My bros just got RROD and i fixed it with the towel method.

Does anyone know if the cooling system is better as the Xbox is noisier than the PS3 and get much much hotter.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
bluray? who even cares about bluray? i have like 2...waste of space format in my opinion

182 Full of Fat
I'll be trading in my ps3 slim I think to get it for £14.99.
Even the 20gb Xobx 360 offers upto £80 on trade in for the new console.

I'll be trading in my ps3 slim I think to get it for £14.99.
Even the 20gb Xobx 360 offers upto £80 on trade in for the new console.

Thats a good price for the premium so I may well do the same!

Re the wii comments I couldn't agree more tbh I fear it will spawn nothing but crap shovel ware and yes I will say the same for the sony move! Basically I can see why MS and sony wish to cash in on a bit of the wiis sucsess (who wouldn't) unfortunatly its all been done before and launch titles of 'sports games' come on!!!

As for blue ray its essential imo, Sony exclusives such as GOW3 and Uncharted 2 are starting to fill blue ray discs, 6 DVD's just isn't practical.