ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Rare Dragon

Arctic 182
Yeah that's my thoughts too.

Thanks for that I will have a look for one.

In 2006 I had a look in a Renault garage in Edinburgh initially at a 172 Cup. The salesman took me out in what I think was an identical 182 to yours with the Recaros. I didn't pull the trigger but he pestered me for ages! I held off for my Subaru a year or so after.

Would like to see how a 182 compares to a 172 Cup now.

For me the 172 Cup & the 182 are massively different. My Cup enjoyed being driven fast, had no toys like air con or anything, & I could tell it had less sound proofing & thinner glass.
The 182 seems heavier, beefier, more relaxed to drive but still has the power there. It's the perfect balance.

Arctic 182
Wow! Loving the engine bay!!!!
Thank you! Hope I can stay on top of it. Here's a pic with the 'fatty' induction kit & black battery tray.
f654bb3324286eedc3acdd190636ffdb.jpg

Clio sport 172
I've got inspiration from yours to improve mine, pic of mine currently,

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,010.9 KB · Views: 143
  Arctic 182
Another couple of updates from me:
Got my Snappy wheel on Friday & wasted now time in fitting it! I absolutely love his wheels, he's truly a master at his craft.
I opted for silver stitches to match the clocks, and perforated thumb grips/bottom section. No coloured band at the top this time. It looks & feels so amazing, I just love holding it & driving with it lol.

I also sprayed my dash strips, knob & wheel inserts BMW sparkling graphite grey.
Combined with the snappy wheel it really ties the whole interior together & I think it looks better without obviously bright coloured strips (silver, blue etc).

Finally, it's the small things that count so I replaced my sun visor/vanity mirror bulbs with white LED festoon bulbs! Makes for a nice crisp look when you see if you've got any food on your face ;)

Future plans & stuff; thinking off removing the bumper washer jets.
Need to spray my grill gloss black. Pop my blue bullets on that @Spinksy is sorting for me (want an all blue door trim look going on).
I might get round to spraying the speedo dial surround to the BMW grey, but not just yet.
Finally, I STILL need to do that big detail & get some polish & wax on it. Weather, work & motivation plays a huge part in this however.
Anyway, enough talk. Few pics & I'll update soon.
Thanks for looking.

(The picture showing the dash strips was before I got the new wheel on)

92459a7b5b56b32ee8f5ca97c5c14aa8.jpg
f69fedaa181cf80dbd1f5fb166761764.jpg
2d4a7ce0d253001def0e0057fc18c684.jpg
336dccdcfc24acb898a9355bfa024b10.jpg
c70c19e9bc48f0ba389fef220addfd34.jpg

172 Cup
This is fast becoming one of my favourite cars on the forum.

Love the wheel. Exactly what I'm after too. I far prefer it without the line on the top. Is it any thicker?

Arctic 182
This is fast becoming one of my favourite cars on the forum.

Love the wheel. Exactly what I'm after too. I far prefer it without the line on the top. Is it any thicker?

Thanks Kos, I appreciate that! There are loads of nicer members cars on here though, most of which have had a huge amount of effort put in!

It's not thicker as such (but I imagine he could do it) it's just so much nicer as its real leather. So soft & smooth lol, I really do love holding it & it genuinely makes driving it a pleasure. Thanks again matey!

172 Cup
I like that its not thicker. Looks OEM but just lifts the interior and I imagine adds a lot to the driving experience. Definitely on my to-do!

Arctic 182
Thought I'd just upload a couple of pics of the interior view. iphone shot but it shows the darker dash strips & inserts, plus the new Snappy wheel! The Graphite Grey really ties the interior together & nothing stands out IMO.
Going to get new wheel bolts come pay day as I've got 2 different lockers front & rear lol.
Hopefully looking to spray the front grill too, but the question is; Satin or Gloss black?! I had Gloss on the Cup & I've seen Daniels 182 with Satin & it looks lovely so I'm not sure.

Oh yeah, the washer jets are going & being blanked off too, again come pay day (Carbon ones from FleaBay).
Picture time. Thanks for reading as always & update soon.
Cheers.
33f896f1e0592a7bb47566547a77abe9.jpg
7332ce9d4766544df498c1306ba7174c.jpg

Arctic 182
Thanks Ad, it's getting there.
I've have been thinking about it mate, nice set of new ones would look minty mint, but the coloured RS logo ones in now come up quite nice.
Been talking to people & it might be PMS top mounts for Xmas at the moment lol. Just looking on old threads about having them on daily drivers/road cars.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
I had them on a month but get the brace aswell ,really transform s the car imo.

Arctic 182
I was gonna leave the brace to be honest mate, do you really rate it & think it's worth it? Is that the one I will have to drill?
I don't do track days, but enjoy a spirited drive & get my foot down once in a while. Massive difference noticeable instantly would you say?

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Yes stiffens front end up,very noticeable.Also whiteline rear arb gets big thumbs up

Arctic 182
I've heard the ARB can make the rear really twitch & a but uncontrollable sometimes? Or is that only if you're giving it full beans?!!

Arctic 182
Couple of updates again from me, starting early this year!
A few weeks ago I sprayed my upper grille satin black which looks so much better IMO.

Today I've removed my washer jets & fitted Mega Carbon blanks, which, again improves the front end.
Next step for the front is the fog surrounds in satin black.

Firstly, the MOT is due end of Jan & I know I'll need some rear discs & pads, so when I can I'll be in touch with @George@RTR_Parts for the bits.

Secondly (& the thing I can't wait for!) I've booked the car in for a session at VII Car Care for a bit of TLC. I just know she will come back looking gorgeous! @MagpieV6

Got my new bullets coming from Spinksy & I think that's it really!

Just gonna maintain, look after, & just enjoy it.
I may go for some more carbon or spraying of the rear bumper strip & exhaust surrounds but we'll see.
I'll shut up for now, here's some pics & I'll update soon.
As always thanks for reading.
5252f019625eccbd311fd0d1c00ab4fd.jpg
3c1191ac0325669161c93b71cd8d08d7.jpg
104cbfb65f8b6c25c41bd8ac8e93c164.jpg
9cc3558259b6c8d211b83f9db0a8ef4a.jpg
879608b92cf7404132b0a1395007d745.jpg

Clio sport 172
The colour of your car really makes it stand out, especially the engine bay, mine being black it's hard to look as good as yours lol!

Arctic 182
The colour of your car really makes it stand out, especially the engine bay, mine being black it's hard to look as good as yours lol!

Yeah the Blue ones (AB/RB) do stand out a bit.
But with Pearl or Black Gold it's all about those little touches to get it standing out & looking that bit different.

Clio sport 172
Might go freestyle on mine, I have a tin of red paint so might put some stripes all over my car lol :dizzy: :confounded: Will stand out then! Lol!

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
Loving it... Where do you get the stickers for engine cover wasn thinking about painting mine

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Shouldn't be a problem doing them :)
Can even do a custom font if you wanted.
Pm me if you want and we'll sort something.
@Mendizmo your recaro ones still looking fresh?

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Just had another look at your bay photo.
We need to sort out that fuel rail guard ;)
0f3902b1f803849e887004c485374cf6.jpg

Arctic 182
So I popped my new CS sticker on earlier. Went for the CS design as I've had the one under the brake light twice now.
Thinking I should have put the red bar on top of the black bit of the screen but sod it, rep the forum & a nice obvious bit of colour.
3b950bc186b2078a80f7ee7286ac9735.jpg
ed3c7f36449394b6e49b0f22cb0eaca6.jpg

AB 182 w/Recaros
Sticking in the numberplates of my old cars and found this! I'm the guy you bought it off back in the day! You Still got it mate? Glad to see it continued to be looked after.