ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Renny - 2006 MK3 1.5 DCi 86bhp Dynamique S

2007 MK3 Clio
Hello Everyone,
I've Been On Here For A While And Just Given The Odd Bit Of Advice When I've Been Able To. I've Never Posted Anything Up About My Car Until Now.

CAUTION: There Will Be Content That Some People Won't Like BUT I Wanted To Be Different & Trust Me Renny Was Different. Also I Am STRAIGHT Believe It Or Not (Wait For The Final Pictures And You'll Understand Haha)

Bit Of History: Been Driving Since I Was 10 So I Passed My Theory First Time On My 17th Birthday (7th January 2010) Bought My First MK3 On The 18th Of January (Fell In Love With The Car's) And Then Passed My Test First Time A Month Later (19th February 2010)! Unfortunately This Was The Time The Snow Dragged Into The End Of March So 9 Days After My Test I Hit Black Ice At 30mph (Engineer Proved I Wasn't Speeding) And Wrote Of My First (Front End, Driver's Side & Rear End Was WRECKED, Not A Scratch On The Passengers Side) So Had To Wait On The Insurance Paying Out And When They Did I Wasted No Time In Chasing Down A Replacement And Came Across What Ended Up Being My Pride & Joy =) Named Him Renny!

I Bought It On The 1st April 2010 - April Fool's Day (How Unfortunate I Felt Haha)
It Had The SX Sideskirts, Rear Roof Spoiler & Rear Bumper Spoiler But No Front Spoiler
Me Just Starting Off With Modifying Thought That 17" TSW Heats, Blue Calipers & No Low's Was The Way Forward :slap:
Also Got Some ClimAir Wind Deflectors, Rear Tints & A Sun Strip With A No Fear Sticker (To Add 5bhp Haha)
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
I Think It Looked Well But Without Low's Looked Stupid And I Continued With Stupidity By Adding Lightmasks Which Looked AWFUL & I Thought Spraying Them Would Help But Guess What......:nono:
4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg
I Then Took The Alloys Off And Sold Them. Bought Them After A Full Refurb With 4 New Budget Tyres On Them For £180, Sold Them With 2 Front Tyres Bald, All Of Them Scoped For £250. So Atleast I Was Smart In That Department Haha. Fitted The Renault 16" Canasta's Which Looked MUCH Better :).
1.jpg
Things Went Uphill From There - Drastically :approve:. I Was Smart And Saved My Ass Off For Ages And Bought A Set Of AP Sportfahrwerke Coilovers, RS Grilles AND The SX Front Spoiler.
2.jpg8.jpg9.jpg
Coilovers Were Purchased 25/11/10 So As The Snow Was Coming In The Car Got Garaged (Would Brake My Heart To Crash It) And Bought And Aul s**tty D Turbo For £550 Which I Then Sold After The Snow For £900, Not Too Bad :).
Then I Was On A Mission As I Had The Money Gathered Up To Get The Car Looking A Brave Bit Better. So I Started By Removing Them AWFUL Lightmasks, Removing The Standard Grilles And Fitting RS Grilles.
6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg
Looked MILES Better And It Was Only Simple Things Too :)
After That I Decided The Standard Speakers Just Weren't Doing It For Me.
So Cue The Clarion's For The Front Door's & Rear Quarter's (Soooooo Good)
Also Fitted Mutant X 6x9's In The Parcel Shelfs And Sprayed Them Blue (REALLY Good) But Have No Pictures :(
Rears: 1.jpg
Front's Standard: 3.jpg New:2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
SUCH An Improvement :D.
Now Cue The PROPER Work ;).
Got It Fully Colour Coded (Front Bumper Moulds, Front Lower Grille, Side Moulds & Rear Bumper Moulds)
Wind Deflectors & Side Indicators Tinted
Front Spoiler Sprayed & Fitted
Coilovers Fitted But Not Lowered (Had To Go To Work So Only Had Time To Fit Them)
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
HUGE Difference :) Although I Know There May Be Some Of This :argue: About The SX Kit But Personally I Like It :rasp:
Praised Be The Lowered :hail::clap:
1.jpg
Obviously Too Low :(
So Had To Raise It And This Is How It Sat For A Wee While (Adjustors Still In At The Back With 10mm And I Think It Was 3" Of Coils Left At The Front)
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Now I Started To Realise How Far I Had Come And The Car Had Come In A Year
Now I Thought To Myself I Need To Get Some Really Nice Alloys. So I Looked And Looked And Looked. I Was Sooooo Picky About The Car, Anytime It Was Due A Service I Always Got More Than Was Needed Done, Some May Say Stupid Or It Was Abused But I Have A Clean License And I Was Getting 800mpg Out Of A Full Tank - No Lie :nono: So That Proves I Wasn't Racing It Or Abusing It And As For Stupidity It Just Shows The Car Was Used To Safely Get Me From Place To Place And Can You really But A Price On That So I Spoilt The Car :).
Now Back To The Alloys, After 3 - 4 Months Of Looking At Alloys (Yes I Am THAT Picky) I Came Home From School One Day To These 2 Packages Waiting For Me :eek:
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
Can You Guess The Alloys???
I Also Found Out About Alloygator's Alloy Protectors.
So Continuing With The Blue Theme I Oredered A Set Of Them, Once They Arrived This Is What I Ended Up Producing :approve:
5.jpg
Alloys: 16" Cades Eros With A Chrome Polished Finished 16x7 et35
Tyres: YOKOHAMA AS01 195/45/16 84W
Blue Alloy Protectors
Then The Next Day I Fitted Them To The Car And I Was REALLY Happy With The 3 - 4 Months Of Looking
Also Gave The Car A Good Aul Wash (Always Got Washed 2-3 Times A Week)
Fitted Blue Sidelight Bulbs, Blue Number Plate Bulbs, Blue Boot Bulb And Blue Glovebox Bulb
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
I Then Purchased 2 CS Decals (Rear Window & Windscreen Bottom Left) A Genuine 197 Spoiler :p And Wrapped The Bullets In Blue CF
7.jpg9.jpg2.jpg3.jpg5.jpg8.jpg
Then Took Some Hot Water And A Small Flathead Screwdriver (Covered With A Cloth To The Boot & This Was The End Product)
1.jpg
Much Better :p Just A Few Pictures Of How It Sat For A While :)
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
Didn't Think I Was Doing Too Bad For An 18 Year Old Who ISN'T Sponsored By Their Mum & Dad :)
Then With The Car Being So Low I Bought This Wee Gem For £50 :D
BARGAIN - 2.25 Tonne Low Profile Jack
360 Degree Swivel Handle
17/19mm & 21/23mm Sockets In Side Pockets
Handle Turns Into A Wrench
6 LED's On Positioner (For The Dedicated People That Work When The Sun Goes Down Haha)
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
Just Gotta Love Your Postman Sometimes :clap:
Pretty Much Good Times With This Wee Car So Was A Good Luck Car (Some People Will Get What I'm ON About) BUT Then.....Bad Times :( Due To My Blue Bulbs Which I Totally Thought Were Legal ;) I Got A "Lovely" Policeman One Night I Was At A Cruise. According To Him I Didn't Own The Car, It Wasn't Insured, Wasn't MOT'd, Wasn't Taxed, Had Cut Springs, The Tyres Were Bald And I Was No Longer Registered At The Address On My License :eek: He Knew More ABout Me And The Car Than I Did. Yeah Right. He Then Asked Me Did I Have A Reply, So I "Politely" Asked Him "Do All Police Officers Talk As Much s**te As You Or Are You The Only One" Needless To Say This Wasn't Appreciated So Got Fined For Blue Bulbs (Impersonating An Emeregency Vehicle) Cause Obviously Everything He Suggested Was Lies.
I Then Decided It Would Be A Good Idea To Change The Blue Theme I Had Going & I Wanted The Car Lower.
So Blue Bulbs Removed, Blue CF Removed, Alloys Off, And Mudflaps Off (Started To Realise They Done Nothing For The Car & They Were Ripped In Half Haha)
1.jpg2.jpg
So I Thought For A While What Could I Change My Colour Scheme To.
Yellow, Not My Taste. Green, My Sister Was Obsessed With Green So Was Scared My Car Would Go Missing. Blue, Got Fined For It. Red, Not My Taste.
So Then I Decided Hmmm......How About
1.jpg6.jpg7.jpg
Can Explain My Use Of "Axel Stands" My Dad Finds The Need To ALWAYS Move Stuff Or Take Stuff With Him In the Jeep Even If He Doesn't Need Them And Eventually They Can Never Be Found So I Made Do :). But Anyways, I Decided To Go With Pink Because It Was Different, Was My Favourite Colour (Yes Really) And Mainly Because I Thought It Would Be A Woman Magnet ;) Which It Was As You Will See later On In This Thread :cool:
Then The Headlights Started Annoying Me. Due To Removing The "Awesome" Lightmasks There Was A Brave Few Scraps On The Headlights :dapprove:.
Sooooo Cue The Angel Eyes (Loved These :D)
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
Then Continuing With The Pink Theme I Changed The Alloy Protectors To Pink And Refitted The Cades
1.jpg2.jpg
I LOVED It And So Did Alot Of Others. Please Note, I Did Realise The Tyres Needed Pumping Out SO The Airline Was Straight Out.
Then I Hated The Whole Dull Greyish Plastic Colour So Got The Wiper Cover & RS Grilles Sprayed Gloss Black :p
3.jpg4.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 107
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 94