ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Renny - 2006 MK3 1.5 DCi 86bhp Dynamique S

2007 MK3 Clio
Hello Everyone,
I've Been On Here For A While And Just Given The Odd Bit Of Advice When I've Been Able To. I've Never Posted Anything Up About My Car Until Now.

CAUTION: There Will Be Content That Some People Won't Like BUT I Wanted To Be Different & Trust Me Renny Was Different. Also I Am STRAIGHT Believe It Or Not (Wait For The Final Pictures And You'll Understand Haha)

Bit Of History: Been Driving Since I Was 10 So I Passed My Theory First Time On My 17th Birthday (7th January 2010) Bought My First MK3 On The 18th Of January (Fell In Love With The Car's) And Then Passed My Test First Time A Month Later (19th February 2010)! Unfortunately This Was The Time The Snow Dragged Into The End Of March So 9 Days After My Test I Hit Black Ice At 30mph (Engineer Proved I Wasn't Speeding) And Wrote Of My First (Front End, Driver's Side & Rear End Was WRECKED, Not A Scratch On The Passengers Side) So Had To Wait On The Insurance Paying Out And When They Did I Wasted No Time In Chasing Down A Replacement And Came Across What Ended Up Being My Pride & Joy =) Named Him Renny!

I Bought It On The 1st April 2010 - April Fool's Day (How Unfortunate I Felt Haha)
It Had The SX Sideskirts, Rear Roof Spoiler & Rear Bumper Spoiler But No Front Spoiler
Me Just Starting Off With Modifying Thought That 17" TSW Heats, Blue Calipers & No Low's Was The Way Forward :slap:
Also Got Some ClimAir Wind Deflectors, Rear Tints & A Sun Strip With A No Fear Sticker (To Add 5bhp Haha)

I Think It Looked Well But Without Low's Looked Stupid And I Continued With Stupidity By Adding Lightmasks Which Looked AWFUL & I Thought Spraying Them Would Help But Guess What......:nono:

I Then Took The Alloys Off And Sold Them. Bought Them After A Full Refurb With 4 New Budget Tyres On Them For £180, Sold Them With 2 Front Tyres Bald, All Of Them Scoped For £250. So Atleast I Was Smart In That Department Haha. Fitted The Renault 16" Canasta's Which Looked MUCH Better :).

Things Went Uphill From There - Drastically :approve:. I Was Smart And Saved My Ass Off For Ages And Bought A Set Of AP Sportfahrwerke Coilovers, RS Grilles AND The SX Front Spoiler.

Coilovers Were Purchased 25/11/10 So As The Snow Was Coming In The Car Got Garaged (Would Brake My Heart To Crash It) And Bought And Aul s**tty D Turbo For £550 Which I Then Sold After The Snow For £900, Not Too Bad :).
Then I Was On A Mission As I Had The Money Gathered Up To Get The Car Looking A Brave Bit Better. So I Started By Removing Them AWFUL Lightmasks, Removing The Standard Grilles And Fitting RS Grilles.

Looked MILES Better And It Was Only Simple Things Too :)
After That I Decided The Standard Speakers Just Weren't Doing It For Me.
So Cue The Clarion's For The Front Door's & Rear Quarter's (Soooooo Good)
Also Fitted Mutant X 6x9's In The Parcel Shelfs And Sprayed Them Blue (REALLY Good) But Have No Pictures :(
Rears:
Front's Standard: New:
SUCH An Improvement :D.
Now Cue The PROPER Work ;).
Got It Fully Colour Coded (Front Bumper Moulds, Front Lower Grille, Side Moulds & Rear Bumper Moulds)
Wind Deflectors & Side Indicators Tinted
Front Spoiler Sprayed & Fitted
Coilovers Fitted But Not Lowered (Had To Go To Work So Only Had Time To Fit Them)

HUGE Difference :) Although I Know There May Be Some Of This :argue: About The SX Kit But Personally I Like It :rasp:
Praised Be The Lowered :hail::clap:

Obviously Too Low :( So Had To Raise It And This Is How It Sat For A Wee While

Now I Started To Realise How Far I Had Come And The Car Had Come In A Year
Now I Thought To Myself I Need To Get Some Really Nice Alloys. So I Looked And Looked And Looked. I Was Sooooo Picky About The Car, Anytime It Was Due A Service I Always Got More Than Was Needed Done, Some May Say Stupid Or It Was Abused But I Have A Clean License And I Was Getting 800mpg Out Of A Full Tank - No Lie :nono: So That Proves I Wasn't Racing It Or Abusing It And As For Stupidity It Just Shows The Car Was Used To Safely Get Me From Place To Place And Can You really But A Price On That So I Spoilt The Car :).
Now Back To The Alloys, After 3 - 4 Months Of Looking At Alloys (Yes I Am THAT Picky) I Came Home From School One Day To These 2 Packages Waiting For Me :eek:

Can You Guess The Alloys???
I Also Found Out About Alloygator's Alloy Protectors.
So Continuing With The Blue Theme I Oredered A Set Of Them, Once They Arrived This Is What I Ended Up Producing :approve:

Alloys: 16" Cades Eros With A Chrome Polished Finished 16x7 et35
Tyres: YOKOHAMA AS01 195/45/16 84W
Blue Alloy Protectors
Then The Next Day I Fitted Them To The Car And I Was REALLY Happy With The 3 - 4 Months I Spent Looking Also I Gave The Car A Good Aul Wash (Always Got Washed 2-3 Times A Week) & Fitted Blue Sidelight Bulbs, Blue Number Plate Bulbs, Blue Boot Bulb And Blue Glovebox Bulb.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg
I Then Purchased 2 CS Decals (Rear Window & Front Windscreen Bottom Left) A Genuine 197 Spoiler :p And Wrapped The Bullets In Blue CF
7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg
I Then Took Some Hot Water And A Small Flathead Screwdriver (Covered With A Cloth To The Boot & This Was The End Product)
13.jpg
Nom Nom Nom, Lots Better :p
Just A Few Pictures Of How It Sat For A While
14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg
Didn't Think I Was Doing Too Bad For An 18 Year Old Who ISN'T Sponsored By Their Mum & Dad :D
Then With The Car Being So Low I Bought This Wee Gem For £50
BARGAIN - 2.25 Tonne Low Profile Jack
360 Degree Swivel Handle
17/19mm & 21/23mm Sockets In Side Pockets
Handle Turns Into A Wrench
6 LED's On Positioner (For The Dedicated People That Work When The Sun Goes Down Haha)
18.jpg19.jpg20.jpg
Just Gotta Love Your Postman Sometimes :clap:
Pretty Much Good Times With This Wee Car So Was A Good Luck Car (Some People Will Get What I'm ON About) BUT Then.....Bad Times :( Due To My Blue Bulbs Which I Totally Thought Were Legal ;) I Got A "Lovely" Policeman One Night I Was At A Cruise. According To Him I Didn't Own The Car, It Wasn't Insured, Wasn't MOT'd, Wasn't Taxed, Had Cut Springs, The Tyres Were Bald And I Was No Longer Registered At The Address On My License. :eek: He Knew More About Me And The Car Than I Did....Yeah Right :nono:. He Then Asked Me Did I Have A Reply, So I "Politely" Asked Him "Do All Police Officers Talk As Much S**te As You Or Are You The Only One" Needless To Say This Wasn't Appreciated So I Got Fined For My Blue Bulbs (Impersonating An Emeregency Vehicle) Cause Obviously Everything He Suggested Was Lies :butt:.
I Then Decided It Would Be A Good Idea To Change The Blue Theme I Had Going & I Wanted The Car Lower So Blue Bulbs Removed, Blue CF Removed, Alloys Off, And Mudflaps Off (Started To Realise They Done Nothing For The Car & They Were Ripped In Half From it Being Low Haha)
21.jpg22.jpg
So I Thought For A While What Could I Change My Colour Scheme To :coffee:
Yellow, Not My Taste. Green, My Sister Was Obsessed With Green So Was Scared My Car Would Go Missing. Blue, Got Fined For It. Red, Not My Taste.
So Then I Decided Hmmm......How About
23.jpg24.jpg25.jpg
Can Explain My Use.....Well Misuse Of "Axel Stands" My Dad Finds The Need To ALWAYS Move Stuff Or Take Stuff With Him In the Jeep Even If He Doesn't Need Them And Eventually They Can Never Be Found, So I Made Do With What Was In The Shed, His Alloys Haha. But Anyways, I Decided To Go With Pink Because It Was Different, Was My Favourite Colour (Yes Really) And Mainly Because I Thought It Would Be A Woman Magnet ;)
Then The Headlights Started Annoying Me. Due To Removing The "Awesome" Lightmasks There Was A Brave Few Scrapes On The Headlights :(
Sooooo Cue The Angel Eyes :cool: (LOVED These, $tormRider's Brother Had Them On His MK3)
26.jpg27.jpg28.jpg29.jpg30.jpg31.jpg
Then Continuing On With My New Pink Theme I Ordered A New Set Of Alloy Protectors And When They Arrived The Cades Were Back In Business
32.jpg33.jpg
I Fecking LOVED It And So Did Alot Of Other People. Please Note I Realised The Tyres Were Too Soft And The Airline Was Straight Out.
Then As I Hate That Dull Greyish Look I Decided To Get The Wiper Cover & RS Grilles Sprayed Gloss Black :p.
34.jpg

Edition 30
Great Mate But You Could Have Saved A Lot Of Time Not Putting A Capital Letter At The Start Of Every Word.

Lose the mud flaps.

2007 MK3 Clio
Continued:
Was Getting Happier & Happier With The Car And It Was Getting Recognised More & More So Obviously I Knew I Had Taken The Right Path.
BUT I Wanted To Be Different, So Assesed The Car. Apart From The Alloy Protectors, Possibly The Pink Calipers And The Angel Eyes It Was The Typical Colour Coded, Tinted, Lowered, RS Grilles And Alloys.
So Thought For A While On How To Make The Car.....UNIQUE And This Is What I Came Up With And The Main Reason The Car Is Remembered.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg
Custom Vinyl Design Done Created By Me & Chris Hamill (CRH Designs Ballymena) So I Was VERY Happy As The Car Was Now Different For Sure.
Then I Seen All These One's Driving About In Jetta's, Leon's etc. With R Plate's Who Were Clearly Funded BY Their Mum & Dad So I Decided To Get My Favourite Decal.
9.jpg10.jpg
So Eventually I Decided To Enter It Into The Local Show (First Time Ever Doing Something Like It)
So Assesed The Car's Paintwork And Thanks To Next Door's Car There Was LOADS Of Scratch Marks :mad:
And Due To My Chancer Of A Bodywork Guy There Was Wet Sanding Marks On The Rear Bumper
AND Due To The Previous Owner Using Drive Through Car Washes LOADS Of Swirls.
So Off The Car Went For A P.C. Thanks To John At B&B Autostyle Who Done A FANTASTIC Job As The Pictures Will Show.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg10.jpg11.jpg12.jpg13.jpg14.jpg15.jpg16.jpg17.jpg
Had The RS Grilles & Bullets Off To Get Touched Up.
So Loaded It Onto The Trailer (For Tarmac Spec Rally Car's) And It Was Too Low So Cue The Pieces Of Wood And Breath Holding Haha.
18.jpg
Got It Loaded Up And Headed Off To The Show. Group 24 Number 6 :)
1.jpg
Few Pictures Of From Cruise Websites. Me & My Mate Out Polisihing The Car (Me In The Pink T-Shirt)
2.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg
Unfortunately When I Arrived Down I Heard That The Results Were Fixed Which I Didn't Believe Until I Heard That The White 205 To My Left Took First In My Group And The Black Car To My Right Took Second. They Were FILTHY And There Was The Cleanest MK2 3.0 V6 EVER In My Class And I Thought It Would've Won And There Was A 225 Megane Which I Expected To Take Second So I Knew It Was Fixed When The Results Were Called Out. Is The Whole Point Of A Show & Shine Not That The Cleanest Car Wins? Anyways That Was How The Car Finished Up Looking In The End :drunk:.
Arrived Home After The Show And My Next Door Neighbour's Clio Was Parked Out So Decided To Take A Few Picture's To Show The Difference In Mod's And Condition Of The Paintwork
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg

2007 MK3 Clio
Continued:
Was Down The Town One Day, Parked Up And When I Came Back A 197 Had Parked Behind Me, So I Had To Take A Picture
11.jpg
Then Thanks To The Rain This Happened To My Front Spoiler :headno:
12.jpg13.jpg
I Then Decided I Wanted To Sell The Car But I Didin't Want Someone Else Claiming My Work So I Stripped It Back To Standard And This Is How It Sits Now
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg
If You Can Be Arsed To Have Read Through All This Thank You :D.
Comments & Probably ALOT Of Criticism Welcome :eek:.
I Have The Car, Coilovers And The Cades For Sale. Let Me Know If You're Interested Or Know Anybody That Would Be :).
Got A New Project Planned Out For 2012 So You Shall Be Seeing Another Thread From Me In The Future :cheers:

2007 MK3 Clio
Great Mate But You Could Have Saved A Lot Of Time Not Putting A Capital Letter At The Start Of Every Word.

Lose the mud flaps.

It's Just The Way I Type Dude And I Did Loose Them, They Got Ripped In Half From It Being Lowered =)!

2007 MK3 Clio
Found Another Image From When I Arrived Home After The Show
My Next Door Neighbour's Standard MK3 Rip Curl And Then My Baby Behind It
1.jpg
Just Showed How Much I Had Put Into The Car And IMO I Thought It Was Worth Every Minute & Every Penny I Had Spent On It :D

Up until the rudeboi chrome wheels (and the bit where you attended one of the "cruise" thingies) this was defo a contender for my fav non sport! Love the fact it's a diesel too!

2007 MK3 Clio
Nice, alot of work and effort gone in. Looked real nice at its peak.

Yeah took a wee while but I got there! Thank you =)!

Up until the rudeboi chrome wheels (and the bit where you attended one of the "cruise" thingies) this was defo a contender for my fav non sport! Love the fact it's a diesel too!

Not to everybody's taste but I liked them! That's a compliment in a kind of way so thanks haha! I couldn't have a petrol, not my taste, no offence to anyone =/!

MK3 Clio 1.6 VVT S
Loving the car. Quick question, may have been stated and I missed it, but in your pictures from the show, how low is the car? I wouldnt mind dropping mine like that, looks sweet.

2007 MK3 Clio
Loving the car. Quick question, may have been stated and I missed it, but in your pictures from the show, how low is the car? I wouldnt mind dropping mine like that, looks sweet.

Sorry I'm only seeing this now. Cheers man, looking back through this thread makes me miss it =( but my new project will be in a whole different league if it comes together properly =P! It was on AP Sportfahwerke Coilovers. Adjustors out at the back and then if I remember correctly there was an inch of coils left on the front so I think it was 70-80mm all round.

1.2 16v
looked great! those Eros' looked great n it too! might have to give it some consideration now... was set on some team dynamics pro race... but something euro might be on the cards now! what you thinking of for your next project?

2007 MK3 Clio
looked great! those Eros' looked great n it too! might have to give it some consideration now... was set on some team dynamics pro race... but something euro might be on the cards now! what you thinking of for your next project?

Thanks man =)! Yeah they set it off well! Bought the new project back in february =)! Got LOADS of stuff sitting in the shed but I'm for Santa Ponsa in 4 weeks so need to wait til I come back in order to start with the mods =/!