ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project track weapon!

been looking for a track and fast road car for a little while and the choice was a 172 or 205 with a gti-6 but in the end decided to go with a clio as i've had so many 205's fancied a change! so i got looking and was ideally after something that had already had some bits put on instead of wasting the money on it myself then i found a 2002 172 with all the bits i could need! so a trip upto stoke on trent and i got this

KGrHqUOKpQE3su52hJNBODG-YTdg_12.jpg
[/IMG]

so 15 mins later :(

035.jpg

so the car has a pretty good spec including

Renault Clio 172 Trophy Wheels
Wilwood 4 Pot Caliper Breaks
Adjustable Coilover suspension
Super Chip
Kent Cams
Ported & Polished head
Full system exhaust system
Cobra Bucket seats

so after the damage and other things wrong just going to repair the roof and leave it matt black and a matt black bonnet with the aim to get it sprayed over the winter but we will see. just want to be able to drive the thing!

haha! i did think someone may ask, i was thinking about breaking it the only trouble is its so time consuming!!

yeah mate was just a bit gutted! if she is being repaired definately getting bonnet pins on my to do list

Jap Box
Ouch, never seen that much of a dent from the bonnet flipping up, usually its just ripples along the top.

Had it been in a front ender too? Its got a non sport front grill and missing the splitter too.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
should be able to pop a large amount of that dent in the roof out surely!!

just hit it from underneith!

yeah got my dads mate who's a panel beater doing it for nothing just cost of a little filler to tidy it after, but im under strict instructions from him not to touch it incase i stretch it in the wrong place

yeah the one they'd left the spacer out so left the hub nut loose so the wheel would still spin! hope to see a few of you at combe in september if all goes well

so has been a busy week but finally got there! oh and have got the bug for stripping so the rear is now empty

225664_2259268002925_1285144847_2772274_62321_n.jpg
[/IMG]

hadn't really had a good blast in the car till today but it is sooo much fun! splashed out on a front and rear strut brace as a little cheer me up treat, next on the list is harness and some decent front discs as mine are shot and then some tyres just in time for coombe

so had little misfire last week which turned out to be a broken crank sensor! and then decided on some new wheels so popped up to css to get these :)

263296_2275681133243_1285144847_2795921_1221565_s.jpg

not sure whether to drop it on the coilovers a tad more but am loving her at the moment

Last edited:
cheers mate, yeah there pretty mint main reason i got them is wanted to run 15's for some cheaper track rubber

cheers mate here's some better pics, and yeah just about tho very tight! im looking into some spacers

037.jpg

036.jpg

035.jpg

so had the day of today and managed to rip all the carpet out now just deciding whether to take of the front door cards, also managed to get my front strut brace on and brought some harness's :)

031.jpg

030.jpg

so been looking at different ways of doing the brake ducts and decided this is the best route to go so found some on ebay :)

034.jpg

033.jpg

next is some new front discs and pads before trax!

Inferno 182
Love them brake ducts! Don't normally like red and blue together but thats definately changed me :)