ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project White Rider

stp

172 Flame Red Phase 1
White and black looks stunning. Are you going to get your tyres to have the white michelin logos? Because I think it looks ace!

clio 172 sport, zxr6
like it m8 good choice heres the new cup racer

Attachments

• phpALsFPdPM.jpg
    phpALsFPdPM.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 297
  Clio's
i think you should have the bump strips door ahndles and spoiler sprayed in black like the limited edition yellow fiesta ST looks better than just black plastic.

going to look awesome buddy! how much does a full respray cost on average??

id love to do something like this, possibly over next winter!

when i say 'something like this', i mean 'exactly like this' haha

Golf R/Leon FR
expect nothing more from you rich
if its like your other cars then this will be awesome

good luck fella

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Gotta agree with madmike, spray the plastics black, don't just leave them plastic, will give it a more smooth feel i think.

Its a wicked look your going for, will def be following this.

Love these threads

thats where my springs are going? god ill be a proud man!

Totally in favour of the look your going for, id have the handles painted, a white cup spoiler and leave the sides as you are having them.

Powder coated cage is a must tho, that pic your copying is amazing.

Keep us posted, well impressed so far....

320d
I'm defo sticking to the unpainted black plastics, i don't want the fridge on wheels look.

I can always tweek the final product by retro painting plastics but i prefer the unpainted look rather then glossy black

I would have a cup spoiler if they came in unpainted black plastic but for now i'm more than happy with the dynamique spoiler

Already got the new 45 profiles delivered Fred, I realised 50's are a better profile but i just hate seeing tyre wall (always has 205/40's on my turinis back in the day rather than 45's)

I work close to Robertshaw Racing so i'll be popping in there for inspiration

I'm getting the mirror casings painted white while is in the bodyshop but i'm debating getting a pair of unpainted black plastic manual mirrors off an 8v to keep up the black/white contrast

Won't be stripping it out, i've done that look before with a cage etc but now I do about 100 miles a day i need some comfort and toys

Should have it back from the bodyshop in tens days time (from yesterday) then a couple of days for me to put it back together

All the new bits will be ready and waiting to bolt on when i get it back so it'll be game on

Defo going to the FCS

Still work in Shields Chris

Not on MSN Peperami

Car SOLD :-(
Looks no different in the pics to when I saw it the other day!!!:rasp: LOL

Gonna look great:cool:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
i definitely agree with the unpainted sidestrips Rich

i would go for a Cup spoiler though, even if it is white ;)

Leon Cupra 300
Also, are you going for the front brake ducts like on the cup racers? Would finish it perfect IMO :D

haw-he-haw, une-sept-deux
nice one, its gonna look sh1t hot, great idea. The only thing i would change from the pic is having a white cup spoiler. but thats just a tiny thing, look forward to seeing it finished

Black Clio GT
this will look superb!!

i dont understand why the didnt do white as colour option for the rs clios from factory...

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
this is gonna look amazing allways see a white 1.2 and ive been so tempted to get one and stick 172 bumpers on it its gonna look awsome white imo is the best colour for them.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I'd also have said cup spoiler instead, but I think your right keeping the black dynamique one.

320d
Todays update:

Received my wheels brand new in the boxes

15x7

Going to see the car in the bodyshop after work tomorrow as all the bonded glass was getting cut out today

Now to decide what colour to paint he calipers either black so they're not noticeable or blue the same as the writing on the Speedlines, probably black though... choices choices!

speedline1.jpg

speedline2.jpg

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol. Superb Rich. You dont hang about do you? A low mileage mint 172 stripped and reworked! Mental! Should look amazing when its done, and very original on the road :cool:

320d
Thats exactly what I want something original yet subtle on the road, my old valver was like that and I loved it knowing i'd never see one the same anywhere

320d
Wheels came from revolution.eu.com based in newcastle, I collected them so no postage costs plus I could inspect them rather than get them delivered and find one's marked or something

Tyres are Michelin Exaltos 195/45 from Costco

Don't think i'll be caging it to be honest as much as it will finish the look i do alot of miles and need comforts

Turbo Beige
Rich, get lots of polish on the wheels before you fit them, helps stop any brake dust from sticking and eating into the paint.