ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Projectors

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Im considering getting projectors for my mk2 and ive found a mate who will install them for me if theyre just plug n play things, but after contacting the supplier on ebay, the angel eyes need 'wiring into the sidelights' to work? Is this complicated...whats involved?

Clio
what car have u got? cos i got angel eyes for my mk2 ph2 and was just plug and play, prob is the projector dipped beams are really dim and dont really do a good job in lighting up the road tbh

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ive got a 2002 Mk2 Ph2. Really? I was under the impression the did a better job of lighting the road, although i know Xenons are far better i dont have the money for them lol.
So you just use the stock wiring, or is there splicing involved?

Clio
same i couldnt afford xenons either lol
Didnt have to do any wiring when i got mine, just unplugged the others and replugged the angel eyes.
Prob with the projectors is that the bulbs too weak, either u see nothing if the lights shining high or u see alot but thats only like 5 meters infront of u when the lights dipped low.
I was tempted to put in 100w bulbs instead of standard 55 but didnt want to risk it.
The angel eyes look good at nite though, im happy with them. just a bit dissapointed with the performance of the projectors. would have prefered them to be standard reflectors like the standard lights
hope it helps

Civic Type-S GT
Im considering getting projectors for my mk2 and ive found a mate who will install them for me if theyre just plug n play things, but after contacting the supplier on ebay, the angel eyes need 'wiring into the sidelights' to work? Is this complicated...whats involved?

what he means by wiring into the sidelights is for the angel eye section of the headlight (i.e the halo bit around the projector) to light up, a couple of wires need to be spliced into the sidelights to draw power... obviously if you aren't bothered bout the halos then no wiring req.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ah I quite like the looks of the halos really (although i know theyre not to everyone's taste). Im told theres a couple of red/black wires which need connecting, where do these connect to? i take it the red is positive and black is negative for this...

Clio
my halos work fine and i didnt need to do no wiring watsoeva, everything just plugged in and worked. sidelight wire was automatically connected to the halos

I know that on ebay there about 2 versions of angel eyes, a cheaper looking one and the one that are the same as the ktec ones. I phoned up and the supplier are exactly the same. i got the ktec ones and they were easy to change

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
So anyone, please help, what do i do with these extra cables?
I had a look under the bonnet earlier and all the wires just seem to goto one connector in the back of the standard headlights.
Any help appreciated!

Civic Type-S GT
you need to find out which of the wires is for the sidelights and then splice them to join the two for the halos. In response to your earlier quest, red is indeed positive with black being negative

Mk2 Phase 2 Clio 1.2 16v
I had the same headache recently when wiring up my halos i had 3 or 4 sets of white and black wires which confusing the f**k outta me!! basically you need to plug the connectors into each other then wire the positive/negative wires from the lights to the extra wires left from the connector.. thats if they are similar wiring to the ones i had! Just have a mess around and see lol!! Thats all me n ma mate did and they work now!

Hope this helps fella :)