ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

prolines or sportlines

clio cup 172
Thinking of getting new springs to stiffen the car up a bit but dont know what the difference between them is apart from the ride height?

Can anyone tell me which ones will handle better? or if u know of any different springs i could try?

53 Clio's & counting
The old CS motto goes

Sports for show , Pro's for go

I have pro's and its lowered mine around 20mm, and improved handling no end

NOTHING
i also have a 172 cup and have fitted sportlines, on my cup they have lowered it about 20mm and handles alot better, glad i went for the sportlines over the pros as i dont think the pros would have lowered at all.

b/g 182, meg tourer
i would go for sportlines every time. i feel that prolines just sit too high. sportlines are a great all-rounder.

Golf GTD Mk7
thought sportlines were just for asthetic purposes whereas the pro's are stiffer and improve handling?

NOTHING
sportlines are also stiffer, but i do think people rate the pros slightly better for handling than the sportlines, but i wanted a very slight drop as well , both very good though

b/g 182, meg tourer
i have had standard springs, apex, prolines and sportlines.

i feel that the sportlines were just as good as the pro's for handling. slight more 'bang' over potholes but a winner by far.

i have a feeling if you put prolines on a cup it will raise it by a few mm.

clio cup 172
Anyone have a pic of a cup on either of them? i have alot of speed humps around by me so may go for the pros. As said above not to fussed on ride height but deffo dont want it any higher!

NOTHING
look in the media section and type in- cup and beetle- mine is there, could someone put those pics on here as i dont know how too!

Titanium 182
Pros

Lowered mine a perfect amount and better handling
Iv managed to scrape my exhaust on a speedbump. So the folk saying that pros dont lower are talking rubbish

Works...kind of...
Sportlines, my car handled great after they were fitted.

Never tried Pro's though so I can't comment on them.

Megane Trophy, Golf
Sportlines:-

Eibach Sportline is the extreme performance spring set created for the extreme enthusiast who craves a race car attitude for maximum street performance with the lowest possible drop, but with the exceptional ride quality you expect from Eibach.
By lowering your car's centre of gravity, Sportline springs dramatically reduce body roll in corners. By using proprietary, progressive spring design, Eibach Sportline springs provide the ultimate balance between high performance, extreme lowering and comfortable ride quality.

Prokit:-

The Eibach Pro-Kit is the perfect answer for most popular street cars. This legendary spring system that dramatically improves both a vehicle's performance and appearance.
Pro-Kit lowers your car's centre of gravity, reducing squat during acceleration, body roll in corners and excessive nose-dive under braking. When combined with larger wheels and tyres, the Eibach Pro-Kit is the finishing touch to a winning recipe for performance.

Sportlines are more expensive so work it out people lol ;)