ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Prolines/Sportlines worth it?

PH2 172
Hi all,

I'm pondering changing the standard springs to Pro/Sport lines (I think the Pro's are the better of the 2 no?).

Firstly, is it worth it over the standard setup, if keeping the standard shocks?
Secondly, is there anything else I'd need to go with them?

I can't see myself going the coilover route, I'd rather save the money to put towards my next car as I'm not sure how long I'm keeping this.

172 Race Car
I would definatley recommend eibachs'. I had a phase 2 172 with them on and they were suberb, i had prolines.

As long as your standard shocks are in good condition you will be fine

on a 172 drop will be 10/15mm, very much worth it though. If you want mroe drop the sportline will give about 30mm and is just as capable a setup

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Handling will be increased.

Pro for go, sport for show ;)

Thought so - so are they worth the ~£120 + fitting then?
30mm drop isn't it?
Def worth it, but you won't get that sort of drop on a 172. I've had sports and pro's, the pro's are better for handling. Make a fair difference to handling, more stable at speed, more composed under braking, and you can feel the car better when cornering hard.

PH2 172
Not really that fussed about the drop tbh, it's more about how it goes round corners :)

How long to fit, 2/3 hours?

PH-QUICK
Can fit them in an hour if you've done it before - rears take 10mins, fronts longer especially if your using compressors. Fubar's website has a lovely guide.

E30 318iS x2
I have Pro's for mine, if I was sent the right ones I could have them on and tell you how great they are but I'm waiting for a replacement atm so I can't :(

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive got sportlines on mine with brand new 172 cup dampers all round, it handles spot on! perfect match for the standard dampers.

ride isnt really any harsher, bodyroll is reduced, turn in is much shaper, it has more grip, more stable under braking and cornering and feels more planted at high speed! best mod ive done :)

remember to get the tracking and alignment done once theyve been on the car for 2 or 3 weeks (£40 or so)