ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Proper Job

Focus RS + S3
What i wanna know is if he's just 18 and written off one 182 through dangerous driving how the hell is he getting insured on another?

He must be getting raped.

if i read correctly he was TPF+T

so insurance company dont need to know the car has been crashed

also i agree 100% with people about its not the age, ive had mine since i was 18 (now 19 btw) and i dont drive at 110 down lanes

i appreciate that i got it

Disastra Coupe
I've bought all my own cars and paid for all my own insurance. Sadly my parents weren't as rich and therefor I had to. Makes you value things more but I did manage to crash my MK3 1.2 TCE in to a tree after skidding on diesel. I have slowed down a lot even though I own the 197.

That's the only way people learn to respect stuff, paying for it themselves. Lass at work calls me sad for spending so much money on cleaning product's and washing my car so regular and modifying etc. But her car was given to her, just like her car before that was. The first one was never washed and the current is exactly the same.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Every ClioSport I see around my way, whether the owner is 18 or 28, is driven like it's stolen.

That, is FUCKED.

110mph down a country lane at this time of year? Jesus.

Glad they're alive though. Good avert for not using harnesses without a roll cage, too.

Black Gold Trophy
Saw this the other day lol ...

Tbh, the car had nothing to do with the accident, it was inappropriate speed for the situation the driver found themselves in. Could have been doing 110mph in a Corsa 1.2.

A car is only as fast as the accelerator is pressed/held down for.

These were going to be my words exactly. You couldn't have said it better Dave.

I'd like to add his age probably has nothing to do with it either. I come across people in their 40s that still cant f*cking drive even after 20 or more years practice! So owning a high performance car at 17 or 40 is hardly any different if you can't drive.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm sure people like to argue in here just for the sake of arguing.

To say an 18 year old is equally likely to crash in a 182 as a 1.0 Corsa is laughable. I know for a fact that if i'd had a 182 at 18 i'd have probably killed myself and more than likely others. I 've written off a few cars from acting the fool in front of my mates. Thankfully they were low speed ones as I couldn't insure anything with poke. The point i'm making is that when my kids are old enough to drive, I want to maximase their chances of not killing themselves by restricting their cars.

IMO, thats what responsible parents do.

They can have track cars, track bikes, go karts or whatever, but when they're driving on the road, with mates adding peer pressure, living under my roof they will be driving what I tell them to because I love them and I don't want them to come to harm.

Agree with Daniel. Utter garbage to suggest it's not more dangerous. At any given moment (if trying to go fast) you're always going to be going faster than you would in a slow car. I doubt the Fiesta I'm currently rolling in (no pun intended) can even do 110mph. Ever.

I think many of us sometimes forget just how slow some slow cars are.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Agree with Daniel. Utter garbage to suggest it's not more dangerous. At any given moment (if trying to go fast) you're always going to be going faster than you would in a slow car. I doubt the Fiesta I'm currently rolling in (no pun intended) can even do 110mph. Ever.

I think many of us sometimes forget just how slow some slow cars are.

Broke the barge?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
This happened march 2009 as far as clio trophy says, hence how the lad has another trophy now. Either way we've all been guilty of giving it the big'un. More so when you're younger. Thankfully nobody innocent was involved (apart from the passenger)

Megane 225 F1
I remember my mum's face when I told her about the 1*2 when I was going to get one. She looked scared which is fair enough (I was 20 though). Dad then went and showed her the Top gear episode when the RB 182 was tested. Her face after that was priceless. She turned to dad and said "So at the age of 20, he is getting a car with a little bit less power than your M3 which you had at 40". I lol'd.

2004 182FF
f**k thats even worse than this one, which looked bad enough! I guess the NCAP means something, although at these speeds it's more down to luck I'm sure.

Any story behind it?

Re: Young people in cars. I had my 1.2 when I was 17 and did all my silly stuff in that, including crashing it into a tree at 5mph trying to do a handbrake turn in a carpark (-10 man points). I then, after about 12 months... was allowed to use my dads Mk5 GTI but only with him in it, and then when I was 19 could drive it on me own... which was f**king awesome.

He upgraded to a Mk6 GTI start of this year.... My 17 year old brother passes his test last week... and dad hands him the keys and goes on holiday with mum for the weekend? I was gobsmacked as were quite a few other people. He seems to have completely forgotten I had the Clio to do all my silly stuff in at 35mph first. Bro's been loving it for obvious reasons, went and picked up some girl he's been seeing in a £32k 6 month old car.... at the same time, I see on his facebook comments to friends like "Saw your dad this morning in his Porsche... shame he was going the other way otherwise I'd have shown him how real men drive" and "f**king hell going too fast and finding some ice on a country road is INTENSE."

Dads like... "meh you're just jealous... we don't have the money to buy him a car atm, yet you got one given to you, so it's only fair that he gets to use mine".

I'm not in the slightest, just worried he's gonna kill himself and whoever else he has in the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
  260% JCW
I'm sure people like to argue in here just for the sake of arguing.

To say an 18 year old is equally likely to crash in a 182 as a 1.0 Corsa is laughable. I know for a fact that if i'd had a 182 at 18 i'd have probably killed myself and more than likely others. I 've written off a few cars from acting the fool in front of my mates. Thankfully they were low speed ones as I couldn't insure anything with poke. The point i'm making is that when my kids are old enough to drive, I want to maximase their chances of not killing themselves by restricting their cars.

IMO, thats what responsible parents do.

They can have track cars, track bikes, go karts or whatever, but when they're driving on the road, with mates adding peer pressure, living under my roof they will be driving what I tell them to because I love them and I don't want them to come to harm.

The UK needs some more responsible parents IMO, and some sort of law to stop new drivers from going out and buying anything above 1.0 for at least a year.

RIP Trophy

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
With bucket seats and harnesses without a cage then its a sure fire way for you to be held in prime position with no way out of it no way to move, the roof would cave in on the passenger and drivers head with it being IMPOSSIBLE to move out the way, broken neck, DEATH!
Where as a normal seat and seatbelt youd atleast stand a chance of the roof pushing you diagonally/down to minimise the chance fatality with a roof cave in like that.
if you run buckets and harnesses, buy a cage!
(yes its hypocritical of me to say this as i dont run a cage yet, but i dont drive like a d^ck on the roads to end up in a wreck as bad as that) but yeah accidents can happen to anyone even when your pottering along safely.

thats not technically correct, i agree to a point but i also have experience otherwise. the lad (also a member on here) who bought my valver off me was unfortunate enough to have an accident in it, ok, he didn't roll it, but the damage pattern was similar. as he was driving along a large tree fell on the car, the roof caved in, and if it wasn't for the bucket seats in the car he would have been alot worse. the rove caved in and stopped when it hit the bucket seat tops, the seats cracked but did not break, had this been standard seats the headrest would have contracted and he would have probably of been left with spinal injuries.

its a bit of a sweeping statement saying what you did, every accident is different, every scenario, hte cage should improve things, but who knows if its caught at the wrong point.... ditto for bucket seats and bog standard cars...

what is not a sweeping statement is this kid shouldn't of been driving like he was, hopefully he won't do anyone else damage

few pics for you
endofsdv003.jpg

endofsdv004.jpg

endofsdv005.jpg

endofsdv008.jpg

endofsdv010.jpg

endofsdv011.jpg

R5GTTx2,R11,Clio DCI
looks (and sounds) like he ran out of talent... maybe a small injury would have made him learn his lesson. 110 on a country road... hope his insurance goes up hard! prick

Nissan 200sx
Thats quite a bad crash, good to hear that no one was hurt though.

I disagree with all the comments regarding the age issue, my first car at 17 was a Fiat coupe Turbo, i have also had two nissan 200sx's a 172 Cup etc i have never crashed any car and have a clean license to date and have been driving for 6 years now. Its more down to the attitude and respect of the car and road that plays a greater factor in crashes.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats quite a bad crash, good to hear that no one was hurt though.

I disagree with all the comments regarding the age issue, my first car at 17 was a Fiat coupe Turbo, i have also had two nissan 200sx's a 172 Cup etc i have never crashed any car and have a clean license to date and have been driving for 6 years now. Its more down to the attitude and respect of the car and road that plays a greater factor in crashes.

Well done for reading my post fully.

I said its 'More likely'. Of course there are people out there who are Jonny Big nuts and drive Fiat Turbos as their first cars, but if you gave 100 17 year olds a Fiat Turbo as their first car, most would end up in a ditch. The Minority would be careful and safe drivers.

As a parent, I want to protect my children. Hence my comment.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I honestly think if your children are interested in driving and cars etc pay for plenty of track tuition. I learnt so much on my first experience day it taught me a lot about a cars balance, generally when and where to accelerate and the best rev range to be when coming out of a corner.

When I was 16 I had my megane coupe, I used to clean it pretty much every day, had saved up everything I'd earned from cleaning peoples cars etc to buy KW Coilovers and a mint set of 182 cup wheels. The car looked perfect and I was very, very proud to have it at 17 after I'd spent many months getting it mint. 6 days after I passed I admit inexperience came clear, it was the middle of november and the roads were as greasy as usual, I didnt have any experience in these conditions and I was sticking to the speed limit of this tight corner, hit a drain cover and it sent the rear end round, I steered into it but didnt know what really to do, once I was facing the kerb I had no choice but to brake which resulted in it slinging me into the kerb. One bent rear axle and cracked wheel later, lesson learnt.

The thing is I've only just got my confidence back slightly in the wet and that's in the trophy, I think the michelins have a lot to do with that but this is some 4 years later, I just dont see the risk anymore. It took me months to get the megane back to rights again and I dont fancy having to go through that crap again

With bucket seats and harnesses without a cage then its a sure fire way for you to be held in prime position with no way out of it no way to move, the roof would cave in on the passenger and drivers head with it being IMPOSSIBLE to move out the way, broken neck, DEATH!

Where as a normal seat and seatbelt youd atleast stand a chance of the roof pushing you diagonally/down to minimise the chance fatality with a roof cave in like that.

if you run buckets and harnesses, buy a cage!

(yes its hypocritical of me to say this as i dont run a cage yet, but i dont drive like a d^ck on the roads to end up in a wreck as bad as that) but yeah accidents can happen to anyone even when your pottering along safely.

Sorry, but have you ever rolled a car? If you have, you'd know that whilst doing an aerobatic display, it's IMPOSSIBLE to duck out the way of anything. Buckets and harnesses or a normal seat and 3 point.

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Look forward to seeing more of this guys heroic endeavours.

Fingers crossed he doesn't kill or maim anyone in the process. :rolleyes:

182cup & 172 racecar
I was lucky,at the age of 14 I was able to rag cars around an Army camp for hours and hours till they ran out of petrol.

keo

Clio Trophy
^^^^ lol

To be fair if i had a trophy at 17/18 i probably wouldnt be here now. I had a 1.0 corsa as my first car, i dont know how i managed not to have a crash in that. Had a 106gti at 19 and that taught me alot about driving (ie never lift when going round a bend)

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
^^^^ lol

To be fair if i had a trophy at 17/18 i probably wouldnt be here now. I had a 1.0 corsa as my first car, i dont know how i managed not to have a crash in that. Had a 106gti at 19 and that taught me alot about driving (ie never lift when going round a bend)

lol. The first time I learned that I ended up upside down and banned from driving for 18 months.

I never even knew Lift off oversteer existed then!

keo

Clio Trophy
lol. The first time I learned that I ended up upside down and banned from driving for 18 months.

I never even knew Lift off oversteer existed then!

lol, oh it surprised me the first time it happened as well :) I tell a lie i was playing about lifting off at Oulton park friday, i never realised you could make such small adjustments from doing it. Again that was from total stupididity off full broadside antics in the gti lol. I wouldnt try doing it on the road now though

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly think if your children are interested in driving and cars etc pay for plenty of track tuition. I learnt so much on my first experience day it taught me a lot about a cars balance, generally when and where to accelerate and the best rev range to be when coming out of a corner.

When I was 16 I had my megane coupe, I used to clean it pretty much every day, had saved up everything I'd earned from cleaning peoples cars etc to buy KW Coilovers and a mint set of 182 cup wheels. The car looked perfect and I was very, very proud to have it at 17 after I'd spent many months getting it mint. 6 days after I passed I admit inexperience came clear, it was the middle of november and the roads were as greasy as usual, I didnt have any experience in these conditions and I was sticking to the speed limit of this tight corner, hit a drain cover and it sent the rear end round, I steered into it but didnt know what really to do, once I was facing the kerb I had no choice but to brake which resulted in it slinging me into the kerb. One bent rear axle and cracked wheel later, lesson learnt.

The thing is I've only just got my confidence back slightly in the wet and that's in the trophy, I think the michelins have a lot to do with that but this is some 4 years later, I just dont see the risk anymore. It took me months to get the megane back to rights again and I dont fancy having to go through that crap again

Lol! What about ur mams s2000 u crashed?

S4 Avant
Do not like these threads.

Mainly because I get stupidly angry reading them. If I ever met the lad I'd slap him.
To do that sort of speed down a country lane with a passenger is unacceptable, to then go and crash, nearly killing both occupants is down right disgusting.