ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Protecting new parts

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Evening,
I will be replacing every part of my suspension/brakes later this year, but was wondering what is the best way to protect everything from future corrosion, i know its going to happen as time goes on but thought im best to try and protect what i can prior to fitting all the new parts. I am having the rear beam,subframe,wishbones and a few other suitable parts powder coated over a zinc coating, but its things that's not suitable for powder coating im not to sure about like the tie rods, coilovers, PMS top mounts?
Another thing I am looking to do is either replace every bolt (wishbone/rear axle/pinchbolts etc) with new and have them coated, or use the existing ones if they are good enough but again these would need to be stripped/cleaned and coated, anyone know what's the best coating to get done and where to get it done if possible?
what's the best way to protect the newly powder coated items, just a good few layers of wax?

Thanks in advance
Nick:up: