ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Protection for my new alloys - help please

Car SOLD :-(
Just picked up some brand new 16" OZ F1s:cool: tonight. Before I get them put on would like to put something on that will help protect them during the winter.

Was going to give it a couple of coats of SRP then a daily coat of EGP for a few days. Anything else? My Swissvax ONYX?

Cheers

Adam

can do wax adam but most melt off, there are however some waxes that are specially designed to with stand high temps that the brakes put out.

although i dont know which ones :(

i have yet to try something that i bought from autopia the other day, this rim wax stuff.

i usually do srp and egp, friend asked if i had had them refurbed the other day, thats how good they have come out :D

jamie

Mégane RS
collinites brilliant, SRP & EGP works well too, i use the poorboys wheel stuff, chemical guys do one also, and i've heard good things about jetseal 109 too although its quite hard to get hold of at the moment

Mito Sportiva 135
As I just posted in that other alloy related thread, the SRP, EGP route will be great but topped up with Collinites makes it look and last even better.

VRS
i polished with srp, put about 3 layers of egp on and topped with 2 layers of collinite :) they come up spanking clean everytime with little fuss even 6months down the line :D

Car SOLD :-(
Collinite 845 now on as well (2 coats) now just need to see how long it lasts!
Cheers all for the advice

Couple of layers of JetSeal 109, job done.

^^ supposed to be very good, mine have Mothers alloy wheel polish on, topped off with some left over Blackfires afpp (polycharged)
IMG_0886.gif

but i find most decent products work well, AG SRP is very good too