ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS2 Doesn’t work

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

Ive just bought a ps2 for my clio, wired it all up to my head unit because its a video input compatible one (sony cdx-m9900), switched it onto the ps2 and it says across the screen "for your own safety, video blocked" but you can hear the ps2 through the normal speakers. Could somebody tell me whats wrong?

Sure it isnt because it thinks your car isnt stationary? Is the screen linked to something maybe?

I know you are supposed to only be able to see stuff if the handbrake is on!

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

The handbrakes been on all the time, its just frustrating that you can hear the ps2 but not see it, the screen isnt linked to anything because i installed it myself last month.

Theres normally a wire that links to the hand brake to stop the screen from working while youre drivng, it normally just needs to be earthed.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

which lead is it though as there are many leads, i dont think there is a parking brake cable though because the preinstalled videos on my head unit work as im going along.

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

So which lead has to be earthed and does anybody know how you install the parking brake cable as I have found it in my head unit box but there are many wires?

richard691

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo RS133 & 172

My mate whos a mechanic said it was either the black wire or the grey wire with a black stripe which has to be earthed, is he correct or is it the light green cable to be earthed?

Culd somebody assist me on the matter?

[Edited by richard691 on 04 May 2005 at 3:03pm]