ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS2 Games on an LCD TV

Evening all,

I got my new 32" LCD TV today and I'm well happy with it. DVD picture quality is spot on and the freeview channels look brill as well.

The only disappointment is the playstation 2. The main game i play is Pro Evo however its really blurry :-S Gran Turismo 4 is also blurry.

Is there anything I can do about this, or is it due to the low resolution output of the PS2?

I thought it might be the cables but DVDs via the ps2 look mint.

Thanks

Shouldnt be the PS2. I've got a similar set up and looks the nuts.

What make / model TV is it? What signal are you using, ie, s-video, RGB or just normal scart type leads?

The model is a Hyundai Imagequest A321 - Its had good reviews from pretty much everywhere.

The cable connected to the PS2 splits into 3 cables - Red/White (audio) and Yellow (video). Ive tried connecting like this and also with a scart plug adapter (although this probably doesnt make any different), the quality is the same.

Thanks

Audi TT 225 Quattro
thats your problem, your still using the sh*t leads that you get free with the ps2. picture is terrible with them:dead: . what you want is either a rgb scart lead or a set of componant leads, any of these leads will give you a big improvement in picture quality, better sharpness and colour aswell. i just bought a new set of component leads for ps2 as some games can be played in progressive scan which makes them look even more stunning:D
comp link http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-fn-49-en-70-dii.html
rgb scart link http://www.game.co.uk/ViewProduct.aspx?cat=10310&mid=321914

Thanks for the replies :)

Just been watching a film direct from the PC - quality stuff!!!

Will the cables make that much of a difference? Either way il be ordering some.

Thanks

Renault Laguna Coupe
The cables will make all the difference in the world mate. At the moment all your video is going down the one yellow cable. With component you get 3 cables for the video and everything will be a lot better.

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
For example, RGB scart separates the pic across three cables by colour, which offers great improvements.

Soooo many people have their Sky boxes in PAL and it looks poo. RGB all the way. (unless you have components, etc)

what cable you using to connect the dvd out of interest? b4 i used hdmi to connect my dvd to the lcd, the quality was pretty shite...