ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps3 broken..

None
My ps3 has decided it doesnt want to read discs anymore and im thinking of either replacing it or getting the drive fixed - has anyone on here had the same problem and if so does anyone know how much roughly it would cost to get a new drive fitted??

Btw its the old big 40gig one out of warrenty..

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
mine did the same thing last week,if your good with a screw driver do it yourself

here is the part, although this is for my ps3 drive yours may be a different drive: SONY-PS3-LASER-KEM-400AAA-DECK

use this table to figure out which drive you have:

resizedx8dnc.png

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Happened to mine 6 months ago, ended up chopping it in for £50 to a Game Station, they only sell for £150 or so and a new laser is circa £90, cut my losses and moved on!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Happened to mine 6 months ago, ended up chopping it in for £50 to a Game Station, they only sell for £150 or so and a new laser is circa £90, cut my losses and moved on!

£36 for a complete new board an laser unit matey. Cheap as chips

none :(
mine was out of warrenty, rang sony, who sent me a replacment console next day delivery, mine was 18months old when it happened.

FOCUS ST 275
Ordered the part, complete with deck.

Opened up the PS3, took out the screws, out with the Blue Ray drive, few more tiny screws and i was in.

Tried to take the deck out, found a ribbon for the motor dived down somewhere so decided to just replace the lense.

Put it all back together again and boom 1 working PS3, chuffed as!