ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Error Code....Help!!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
When I turn on my PS3 it come up with Error Code 80010201.

I try and sign in and it says no Ethernet cable is connected which it is and I have tried disconnecting it from both ends, resetting the hub etc. but nothing works.

Any ideas??

Also not sure if this is linked but both my controllers seem to be struggling to link up to the PS3 when I press the PS Buttons to use them.

Any help appreciated,

Ta
Andy.

Clio 1.2 16v
plug in the USB cable to your controllers and that will fix one problem for you mate

i'd call sony and quote that code, having a quick google it seems to be quite common and very setup specific

Last edited:
  Bumder With A Buffer
Try a proper shutdown/reset. Ie turn it off at,the back power switch. See if that does anything.

Bumder With A Buffer
Hmmm not sure. Possible. Is almost be tempted to do the reset default settings option. I believe that only reseys certain things and not PSN, game downloads etc

Bumder With A Buffer
There is an option to "restore default settings" from memory. I would check on mine but none ylod the other day!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Cancelled out of the screen and went through the manual settings but once I had done enough to get back onto the PS3 I still got the error code and cant sign in or use any internet features on it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone able to shed some light on this?

Its ruining my Saturday night plans of COD then Boxing with some Friends :(

This happened to me last night when I tried to do a system update.

Tbh I am getting fed up of PS, I hate to say it as i have always stuck to with PS but if Mircosoft's next console is good i might change sides.

Also having to do system updates everytime i turn it on pisses me off i havent got the time.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
This happened to me last night when I tried to do a system update.

Tbh I am getting fed up of PS, I hate to say it as i have always stuck to with PS but if Mircosoft's next console is good i might change sides.

Also having to do system updates everytime i turn it on pisses me off i havent got the time.

I'm with you on that... I've been Playstation from the start but will be going X-Box if the PS3 is truly buggered.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
so you have it set up for auto sign it but it continually refuses?

which homehub do you have? I would suggest changing the channel of your homehub.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
http://www.jarviser.co.uk/jarviser/howto1.html

how to change channel on homehub.

i would also try this:

turn on your ps3.

make sure it does not try and log in.

load up cod. get to the multiplayer part. you won't be able to go into it s obviously you are not online.

press the PS button and go to the psn log in screen.

reset your homehub.

once all the blue lights come on sign in to psn.

this may take one or two goes to sign in... then quickly get into multiplayer. it may take a few resets to get it downloading the game settings etc.

from my research from having difficulty logging into my psn it is all down to the homehub not really liking the ps3. it seems it closes up shop (want for a more technical term!!!111) if the router is on for a long time and so must stop allowing access ot various ports or something... f**k knows... but i do know this works for me.

-----------

another little trick is that if you still can't log in to psn i'd try going to the playstation settings and asking it to set the clock via the internet. tihs curiousyl sometimes cures the connection issue too!

sounds bizarre, but has worked for me, but i am 99% certain your issues will be with the homehub/bt.

all myother internet products work fine wiht the homehub but the ps3 has a right problem with it.

Listerine & Poledo
Yep, my old Homehub used t obe a sod for some devices, particularly the PS3 and SlingBox.

ALthough why it would just change its mind randomly one day, not sure.

If there's no-one near you, try "PS Pros", they're bassed in London, but do a mail-order repairs service, you can get a warranty too. I had my laser done by them, got the warranty then when I got YLOD, it got fixed on the free..... this is on a Launch-edition PS3

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, i'm prob well wide of the mark... having just googled your error code...

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It's been 3 weeks with No Playstation :(

Took it to some tech Shop and apparently Sony no longer make the part that is broken.... A friend has an old broken PS3 so we are going to try and get that and see if it has the part otherwise its new console time for me.

Something Not French
It's been 3 weeks with No Playstation :(

Took it to some tech Shop and apparently Sony no longer make the part that is broken.... A friend has an old broken PS3 so we are going to try and get that and see if it has the part otherwise its new console time for me.

Planned obsolescence my friend. I'd be wary of self butchering consoles, not user friendly.

When my PS3 died, I used consoledoctor and they were excellent to be honest.