ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 Firmware 1.8 released tomorrow

SLK 350
Pah PES6 is pap!

GT4 and FF XII look immense though, just need to get me God Of War 2 now for the PS2 collection :)

Megane Trophy
Updated mine today, also downloaded Virtul Tennis, GT HD and Motorstorm on demo.

Very impressed with the update side of things and how it goes through it all.

Shame i had to carry my tv and ps3 down stairs and set it all up again though!!

dk

911 GTS Cab
just updated mine, doubt i will play any ps2 games on it still but i have just watched pirates of the caribbean 2 on bluray, god it looks amazing, davey jones and his crew really do look stunning in HD.

i'd invest if you like the film, its all region so now problem there.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I managed to get the conenction working well with OSX but there are no programs yet which support the use of avi files with the PS3 XMB.

In contrast Nero Showtime/Scout work well on Vista with the PS3.

Clio 200 Raider
I managed to get the conenction working well with OSX but there are no programs yet which support the use of avi files with the PS3 XMB.

thats what i thought good if they would include this maybe at the next update

Citroen DS3 DSport
For now I'm running Tversity within Parallels on my Mac and all my avi's and xvid are working perfectly :) That was easy.

Polo + Micra
i just managed to get my 360 to stream divx/xvid avi's from my pc

works well apart from the 98% cpu usage by tversity lol

57 Clio Campus Sport
I had this working well with Vista and not so great with OSX.

Got mine working this morning. Worked first time... Does anyone need any help setting theirs up?

me :-( still not working, im doing it through windows media player and i have put all my documents to share but when look on ps3 it only shows like 3 or 15 pictures folders and thats it, no music or video although i dnt think i have and video it can play at the moment. When i go onto music in the music section it just wait a minute then says connection problem. I don't know how there could be because 360 works fine

Citroen DS3 DSport
Some handy BD info from AVF:

If you type in 7669 then enter on the title screen of any sony blu ray, it will open up 4 calibration screens for you to use.

*The first step for calibration is to set your TV to the "Pro" or "Movie" mode, and turn the color temperature to "Warm" or "Low". This will approximate your grayscale to a reasonably close approximation which is needed to ensure that you see what the director intended.*

The first screen is your basic SMPTE color bar pattern. You should have a blue filter, available from "Digital Video Essentials" or AVIA, or as the THX Blue Glasses available from THX.com for a couple bucks.

On that screen, with your blue filter, adjust with your "Color" or "Saturation" control so that the two outer bars (white and blue) are the same shade. Then, adjusting with the "Tint" control on your TV, make sure the two inner bars (cyan and magenta) are the same shade. This should correct your colors.

On the bottom right of that screen, raise your "Brightness" setting until you can see three black bars. Then lower your brightness until you can just barely see the far right bar (the intensities are -2% black, video black, +2% black).

On the next screen, with the funky designs, turn off all image enhancers on your display (names like "Detail Enhancer" or similar) and lower your "Sharpness" control until you no longer see "ringing" or halos around the solid black lines that are vertical and horizontal around the center pattern. You also don't want to see distortion in the circular patterns (you can then add back any "enhancements" you see fit that don't change those patterns and bars).

The grayscale screen from black to white (going left to right) should be even, and you don't want to overcrush your whites, so lower the "Contrast" setting until the whites turn gray, and then up it until they are white, but not so white as to eliminate the grayscale transitions.

The crosshatch pattern just checks the geometry and convergence. You want equal spacing on top and bottom and left and right (likely only adjustable in the service menu of your display) as well as the lines to be white. If the lines have a magenta/green or some other color on the edges, your convergence is off slightly (again, likely fixable only in the service menu). Some displays do have these controls accessible, usually in a sort of "Auto Convergence" setting.

Hope this helps! Note that the settings will only be for that resolution (i.e. 1080p) so if you view a 720p game, the settings might not match up exactly.