ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS3 just stopped reading disc's!

S2 106 GTI
Was in the middle of playing COD and it just froze? never happened before..... started it back up again and everything worked until it came to game play and stopped again.

But a Blu ray in - started to work then stopped.

IS IT DEAD????!!!!!! I have read a few reviews about the something going inside?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Could be the laser mate, I've swapped a fee on ps3's that have gone tits up. U can get a replacement on eBay for about 45 quid, just make sure you get the right one

S2 106 GTI
Heard SONY can replace them too..... do you just contact them off the SONY website? Mine's the older version, can't believe this has happened after all these years!!!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Will cost a lot if u send it to Sony, do the laser yourself, I promise it's easy!

S2 106 GTI
There's bloody loads on there!! Lasers that is!

Might have a look into getting a replacement part or on the other hand see what I can get out of Sony!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've got a PS3 that's died from YLOD, can have blu ray drive if you want? If it's £45 for just the laser can have my drive for same price?

Assume it's the old none slim one?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If you're interested let me know, then I'll get the model number take pics etc. Mine was the one with 4 USB+mem card reader. Not that I ever used them lol.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
This happened to my last slim on COD but mine was under warranty so just swapped it with Sony. When I rang they couldn't tell what was wrong with it having no lights etc but said HDD or laser or blue ray drive. Basically could be anything.

S2 106 GTI
Managed to get it fixed, by a local guy who fixes them from GAME! brand new part from the manufacture and inc 3 year warranty! all fixed for £80

Listerine & Poledo
perfect job. As it happens, exactly the same price as PC Pro's.

Is it a 3-year, report-issues-to-the-states warranty?

S2 106 GTI
No proper warranty, he said we fix alot and if they bugger up again we just send the part back and they get a new one!