ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ps3 launch set back

ff 182
its going around the ps3 and gameing forums ,that the playstation 3 aint going to be launched in europe this november .its been set for next march only japan and america will see it in november.....lol sony screws up once again!!

182 RB FF
More fool us for believing them with there track record. It pisses me so much that we're always last to get it!!

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
supposedly 10,000 PS3's linked uptogether is enough power to cure cancer. they would run 4times as many processes as the worlds fastest computer and be able to see how frikken, oh i've forgotten...something good though but yeah, will help to see how diseases like parkingsons and cancer start and hopefully be able to make a cure from it!

(i read it in zoo...true though)

Yaris Hybrid
Typical Sony PR Bullsh*t.

They did the same stuff with PS2 saying that exports to China had been banned by the US or something because of the sensitive technology in them.

Curing diesease?!? Oh please ffs!!!

Sony always do this; bullsh*t fake/doctored screenshots, a bullsh*t release date, a bullsh*t price and a bullsh*t news story about North Korea and Iran using them to make nuclear weapons.

Everytime the fan boys buy into it and wait as opposed to buying a decent console. Hence why we got lumped with the PS2 and the brilliant Dreamcast died out. All that Sony BS about the emotion chip doing realistic hair and water in real time and when it finally came out it was just a PS1 with slightly crisper graphics!

My advice is buy a 360+Wii for the same price as one crappy PS3.

R

rich[182]

Am I right in thinking that none of the new crop of consoles support DX10 anyway ?

UR 197, AB 182 FF
rich[182] said:
Am I right in thinking that none of the new crop of consoles support DX10 anyway ?

Can you please tell me what you are smoking as I'd like some :clown:

R

rich[182]

MikeDX said:
Can you please tell me what you are smoking as I'd like some :clown:
DirectX is to do with the graphics interface for developers etc, It's currently version DX9 on all current games for PC but DX10 will be a huge step forward next year when Windows Vista comes out along with next gen graphics cards, If consoles dont support this then they will miss out big time

The lighting, textures and shading / shadowing will give graphics an almost CGI standard, something the Unreal3 graphics engine will really raise the bar with

UR 197, AB 182 FF
rich[182] said:
DirectX is to do with the graphics interface for developers etc, It's currently version DX9 on all current games for PC but DX10 will be a huge step forward next year when Windows Vista comes out along with next gen graphics cards, If consoles dont support this then they will miss out big time

That's what I thought you meant.

DirectX is a very SPECIFIC product for the PC gaming market, and to an extent the XBOX.

Consoles utilise their own custom graphics API, and the only console to have even remotely similar architecture to the PC is the XBOX, which was effectively a very finely tuned PC.

I'm not really seeing how say, a PS3 could utilise the PC's DirectX API, or a Nintendo. Even Microsoft do NOT use DirectX on their own XBOX 360 but use a more cross platform product called XNA which has been developed with next gen PC and consoles in mind, but this is really a future standard and not for the current platforms.

Consoles and PCs are worlds apart. DirectX has nothing to do with console gaming or programming.

ff 182
its a linux based os.so i doubt it uesers dx10..but the 360 dose ues dx10.so will most pc's when vista hits the shops!time to upgrade again :(

R

rich[182]

That clears that up then, I didn't realise that. I thought that the next gen consoles and PC's were to come closer together to make game development easier and to reduce the ammount of work involved in porting games between platforms, Didn't realise DX was a PC specific thing

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Mike, i thought this was the case:

Many games will be made to utilise the features of DX10, Both the consoles with there own kits cannot support some of the features that DX10 has, so therefore cannot 'support' the full game.. if you get me?

R

rich[182]

Big mistake my Sony this setback, HD-DVD players are out in November, as the PS3 was prob gonna be the main source of getting Blu-Ray, HD-DVD will now have 6 months head start

Yaris Hybrid
rich[182] said:
Big mistake my Sony this setback, HD-DVD players are out in November, as the PS3 was prob gonna be the main source of getting Blu-Ray, HD-DVD will now have 6 months head start

I think the 6 months is a relatively small problem compared to the fact that in tests so far HDDVD has raped Blu Rays arse in terms of quality!

^^Oooo I didnt know that.

But quality didnt win last time with VHS/Betamax

Sony will always sell loads because of the fan base they have built up with the PS1/PS2. But with Christmas because such a key time, theyre going to have missed out massively. How many little kids that wanted a PS3 wont wait any longer and end up buying a 360!

The 360 was in short supply, but at least Microsoft managed to get it out in time for the massive Christmas rush!

Citroen DS3 DSport
Hehe well I can already see the PS3 tombstone on the horizon :D Releasing 1 year after the 360 was bad enough but 1.5 years later is a joke. They've also missed the best time of year to get your console into the shops. Glad I bought the 360 when I did, why wait 1.5 years to play a console with identical looking games to the 360?

I also think hddvd will win the format wars, Sony have a crap track record of trying to win battles like that.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Toypop said:
I think the 6 months is a relatively small problem compared to the fact that in tests so far HDDVD has raped Blu Rays arse in terms of quality!

according to playusa, i'm sure i read blueray is 5x better than dvd and hddvd is 4x better?

6/468 17poo
sonys a joke isnt it?never played on a 360 before today and the graphics are pretty neat well thinking about gettin one now!

Yup, I just saw that on PlayUSA too. They arent that much more expensive like I was expecting either.

But who has ever complained about the quality of a DVD. I very much doubt once playing, you will be able to tell the difference between 4x and 5x the quality.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Another arguement I keep reading is people claiming that the PS3 will be released 1.5 years after the 360 meaning it is newer technology and thus better? Unfortunately the reality is that they PS3 will be exactly as the spec released at the same time MS announced the 360, the only difference is that the PS3 has been delayed for 1.5 years. It has not advanced in design during this time.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
if you guys are interested in cheap xbox 360- ebay item number 120028288675
PM for more details and any offers.
I had a ps1 and ps2 and im sick of all sony's promises which they fail to deliver, microsoft is def the choice and cant be beaten online

Revels Mum & Sister
I have an imported Toshiba HD-DVD player which produces fantastic quality pictures, also have seen 2 X Blu-Ray players set in America on HIGH END plasmas/LCD's and IMO the HD-DVD looked far better even on my cheaper inferior Hitachi LCD