ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ps3 not reading discs

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Just stopped Reading anykind of disc, middle of playing mw2. Outside of warranty, Sony have said they'll repair for £99. Worth it? Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any other fixes available?
Cheers

Golf R/Leon FR
im sure someone on here can fix them, cant remember his name though. Think he replaced the laser.

Usually Sony are good at just replacing the whole thing, regardless of warranty or not.

Fiesta ST3
yep same happened to me sony wanted £99, kicked up a fuss got it done for free in the end mine was 16 months old when it went:mad:

Mk2 ph1 clio
Just stopped Reading anykind of disc, middle of playing mw2. Outside of warranty, Sony have said they'll repair for £99. Worth it? Has anyone else had a similar issue? Any other fixes available?
Cheers

Refuse to pay full price.

They have a duty of care for anything electrical within the UK for 6 years (5 in scotland) so just because it's out of warranty doesnt mean jack sh*t tbh! You should get a repair at a reduced cost or even free depending on the length of time it's out of warranty.

If they argue, just tell them in a nice way, you'll write to Mr justice at the sun and get them to remind sony of their duty of care to the consumer! .. Got me a free repair!

Where did you buy it out of curiosity?