ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

RS Clio 182
Yer they can suck my dick with that bullshit. All they had to do is allow us to play any PS disk we put in, but no. They fucked it up and dont even let you play all the PS4 games.

Sony has already lost this generation in value, backwards compatibility and performance. They only have a few exclusives on their side.

It is BC with all Ps4 discs..

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
That is good news, would of still like compatibility with older gens tho, that could of been a massive selling point for them.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
If Sony told me that I could play any PS disc from PS1 to current I would be pre ordering right now regardless of whatever xbox does.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone pre ordered one yet then? I had one sat in my Amazon basket but left it too late. Probably a good thing as they only had the disk version. Might go for the digital one this time as most of my recent games have been downloaded.
Not sure if it's value for me getting the disk version. By the time I've actually completed a game, it's worth about £1.20 trade in anyway.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a chat with a friend of mine who is buying the PS5 Digital Edition. He has now decided to get the one with the disk drive.

Why?

Sony just announced that games for the PS5 will now cost $70! (Meaning £70 in the UK as usual...!)

So, buying the Digital Edition = unable to buy physical copies of games that are on sale / pre-owned. Realised he would end up spending more in the long run buying Digital only. The PlayStation doesn’t have Xbox GamePass so you have to buy each game you want to play, which will all add up.
That's the exact reason I've pre ordered the disc version.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Ooook BBC reporting that the Digital Edition of the PS5 has ”NO BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY”.

Interesting news, but take it at face value for now till we get an official update from someone that isnt the f*cking BBC. Lol

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I have 3 pre-ordered (1 at Game actual shop, 1 with Smyth's online and Amazon). 2 digital editions and 1 disc.

I only need 1 (for the wee man's Christmas) but may keep one of the others for myself. Brother in law missed out of a pre order so the 3rd (if I get it) will go to him for his son's Christmas.

The game where I pre ordered (I was 6th in line) were only getting 20 digital editions (don't know how many disc versions). When I left the queue was at least 50 long.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just bidding on one now. Because special.
Screenshot_20200917_192648_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I never buy consoles at release, I'm just not in a rush lol. Probably pick one up next year. We're moving in a few months and missus has already told me the PS5 is too ugly to be seen in our living room :p I actually agree that it looks horrendous. She wants it hidden away somewhere in our new house, and I said that's okay if I never have to access it, so looks like I'll be going for the digital version so I never have to access the disk drive.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
I never buy consoles at release, I'm just not in a rush lol. Probably pick one up next year. We're moving in a few months and missus has already told me the PS5 is too ugly to be seen in our living room :p I actually agree that it looks horrendous. She wants it hidden away somewhere in our new house, and I said that's okay if I never have to access it, so looks like I'll be going for the digital version so I never have to access the disk drive.
The toaster thing makes sense now.

Honestly don't know how people can be that whipped 😂 get the trousers on man

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
If Sony told me that I could play any PS disc from PS1 to current I would be pre ordering right now regardless of whatever xbox does.

Would you properly play them though?

It always sounds like a good idea but whenever I’ve gone back to old games (with this romantic feel) I’ve played them for 5 mins and realised it’s best left a memory.

I dug out my N64 a while back, waxing lyrical to my son and the tumbleweed was large. Same thing with the SNES and ps2.

I then found it better to watch someone else play them on YT for that shot of nostalgia.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The backwards compatibility is a non issue to me. If you want to play some old games, get PS Now.
I've kept my old systems thinking I'll play those games again. They are all in the loft and are unlikely to get played again tbh. I've got a SNES mini which I take to work sometimes and can only play it for 30 minutes or so.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
The toaster thing makes sense now.

Honestly don't know how people can be that whipped 😂 get the trousers on man

🤪

Note the part where I say I agree though... it is horrendous looking, and absolutely massive it seems. Happy to hide it! And to be fair to her she said if the digital copies cost more she'll pay the extra lol.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Would you properly play them though?

It always sounds like a good idea but whenever I’ve gone back to old games (with this romantic feel) I’ve played them for 5 mins and realised it’s best left a memory.

I dug out my N64 a while back, waxing lyrical to my son and the tumbleweed was large. Same thing with the SNES and ps2.

I then found it better to watch someone else play them on YT for that shot of nostalgia.

I don't see why not, i still play some games going back to the Mega Drive as that was my first console. Some games haven't aged well, but still play some PS2/3 stuff. It would be nice to have a do it all console rather then having separate machines or relying on emulation.

The backwards compatibility is a non issue to me. If you want to play some old games, get PS Now.
I've kept my old systems thinking I'll play those games again. They are all in the loft and are unlikely to get played again tbh. I've got a SNES mini which I take to work sometimes and can only play it for 30 minutes or so.

The selection is small though.

Sony have confirmed now that it wont be backwards compatible with the older gen consoles (apart from PS4)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I've got a digital on pre-order, havent used a disc in a while. Not sure what to do though, have had both consoles since the PS2 days but always been on the side of Xbox. Hoping to get the Series X Pre-ordered tomorrow, may keep both anyway. Probably wasting money as usuall!

Seen a LOT of flipping on ebay... and people bidding!? Seems desperado ! If anyone here missed out and wants one I'd definately sell it for less than the £500+ than the ebay lot anyway.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
My mrs got one of each on pre order. Dunno why as I said I'm not that fussed for one straight away, but she wanted to get one for our son for Xmas. Disc is the cheaper option long term especially with two consoles in the house. God knows where the damn things going to fit though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I’ve always bought the Xbox but fancy a change and think I’ll go PS5 this time. Gives me an opportunity to play some old PS exclusives.

I’ll be waiting for an all black console to be released though. Can’t stand the white design.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Played Warzone since release. Next shooter i will buy either buy disc or download and play that until something else comes out.

Kind of answered my own question as I don't buy lots of games
lol.

Disc it is for me.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I managed to pre order a disc drive version from Game about 20mins after midnight, this was by pure luck though. I had been waiting for the price to be announced, came out of the cinema at half 11 and checked instagram. Friend of mine posted the prices up and I though, nice I'll pre order when I get home. Got in bed, went on game, pre ordered and went to sleep (oblivious of the total carnage going on). Woke up to, a few people messaging me asking where I'd got one from because they were all sold out o_O mental.

I'm buzzing, it make me think that Cyberpunk was delayed for PS5 release as it's on the same day, which I'm more excited about to be honest ha ha ha.

So it led me down a dark path of spending, misses TV is quite an old HD TV so I managed to find a decent QLED Samsung 50" 4k TV and then bought a Samsung sound bar to go with it. So, I should be nicely kitted out for November the 19th, PS5, Cyberpunk 2077, 4K TV and surround sound ha ha ha.

With regards to backwards compatibility, its nice to have yeah. But, how many people buy a new console and bin the other off? I have never done that, I still have a PS1,* , PS3, Xbox 360 and my PS4. It's nice to have but if I want to play an old game, I'll fire up the old hardware.

I've bought a PS5 disc drive version for the very fact I watch a lot of films on BluRay, I'm oldschool and like discs (discs not d*cks) and I have more set up with Sony than Microsoft. I think anybody whos Team Sony or Team Microsoft need to have a word, you go with what suits you best or if your not arsed whatever your mates are getting if you play a lot of multiplayer stuff (going back to the Xbox 360 days).

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I managed to pre order a disc drive version from Game about 20mins after midnight, this was by pure luck though. I had been waiting for the price to be announced, came out of the cinema at half 11 and checked instagram. Friend of mine posted the prices up and I though, nice I'll pre order when I get home. Got in bed, went on game, pre ordered and went to sleep (oblivious of the total carnage going on). Woke up to, a few people messaging me asking where I'd got one from because they were all sold out o_O mental.

I'm buzzing, it make me think that Cyberpunk was delayed for PS5 release as it's on the same day, which I'm more excited about to be honest ha ha ha.

So it led me down a dark path of spending, misses TV is quite an old HD TV so I managed to find a decent QLED Samsung 50" 4k TV and then bought a Samsung sound bar to go with it. So, I should be nicely kitted out for November the 19th, PS5, Cyberpunk 2077, 4K TV and surround sound ha ha ha.

With regards to backwards compatibility, its nice to have yeah. But, how many people buy a new console and bin the other off? I have never done that, I still have a PS1,* , PS3, Xbox 360 and my PS4. It's nice to have but if I want to play an old game, I'll fire up the old hardware.

I've bought a PS5 disc drive version for the very fact I watch a lot of films on BluRay, I'm oldschool and like discs (discs not d*cks) and I have more set up with Sony than Microsoft. I think anybody whos Team Sony or Team Microsoft need to have a word, you go with what suits you best or if your not arsed whatever your mates are getting if you play a lot of multiplayer stuff (going back to the Xbox 360 days).
No need for backwards if you’re a hoarder like me.
1D9B371A-414F-4E10-AC13-010C5E369FD0.jpeg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Exactly my point, you don't see Nintendo Switch owners complaining of no backwards compatibility with the SNES.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
After pre ordering a ps5 for laddo the Mrs is now saying he needs a 4k TV too. The TV he has now is 32" and all the 4k low lag ps5 compatible ones seem to be huge I'm thinking a gaming monitor would be a better option for him. So gaming monitors, anyone know anything about them and can recommend a suitable one that's not mega money?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, all I want is for Sony to sneak out a Killzone 2 remake. That on 4k and I'll be a happy man (once I buy a new TV and PS5...)

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Let's face it, ps1/2 games are s**t and the nostalgia soon wears off when you load one up. I'm not going to be paying £1500 for a ps5 and 4k TV to play games in ultra low def!
Fired up an old splinter cell the other day - my god the quality was appalling, and you’re right, after 5 mins the nostalgia was gone.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I tried replaying metal gear solid. The bit where you have to go through the section with the wolves...I couldn't make anything out, graphics were appalling.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone seen this? The PS5 in AR (Augmented reality):

Doesn't look that bit to me.