ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
That's hardly the same argument. That's like saying you want your DVD player to still accept VHS tapes :LOL:

Nooo, really? I was being silly, but you do realise there is such an invention where a DVD player will accept VHS tape, just through a seperate orifice.

Basically what Im trying to say is anybody crying about them not being backwards compatible go and tell someone who cares, before you go running to Sony... they dont.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
It
I tried replaying metal gear solid. The bit where you have to go through the section with the wolves...I couldn't make anything out, graphics were appalling.
Its worth noting that any consoles made pre-LCD/LED TVs look worse on one that they would a CRT

I’m still happy to get lost in an old game for a few hours. I think it’s more about collecting for me now.

For a PS5 it’s w**k and pointless

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Proper noob question, I'm asking for a friend at work. Is there anywhere I can get a pre order for one of these or are they all sold out? He's after one for his son at Xmas

Without having to pay the ebay extortion

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Proper noob question, I'm asking for a friend at work. Is there anywhere I can get a pre order for one of these or are they all sold out? He's after one for his son at Xmas

Without having to pay the ebay extortion
My mate sent me a link earlier. Had it in the basket but by the time I'd put card details they had sold out. Refreshed and went to page not found.
Some places popping up. Not sure how he spotted it though.

c4pob

ClioSport Club Member
  A terrible one
WAAAAAA, like the playstation is backwards compatible... you know, download it and you can play it?
But you need to buy them again...or pay for a subscription, either way, to play the old games it will cost you. Not truly backward compatible.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
But you need to buy them again...or pay for a subscription, either way, to play the old games it will cost you. Not truly backward compatible.

So my point stands, you want backwards compatibility just keep the old stuff or buy it again second hand.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
TLDR - Any exclusive games worth buying at launch?
Spiderman? I just did a Google and found this list of games that are launch or early releases.
mes coming to the platform even outside of launch, be sure to check out our feature detailing every confirmed PS5 game so far. We also learned more on PS5's price and release date. The console will be $100 cheaper without a disc drive.

Confirmed PS5 Launch Games
Confirmed PlayStation Plus Collection Games
The below PlayStation Plus Collection games are not enhanced PS5 versions of the original PS4 games. Instead, they are compatible PS4 releases that you'll be able to play on your system if you have a subscription. Some of these games were previously released as PS Plus titles. Others are going to be on the service for the first time.

Games Coming To PS5 At Or Around Launch
Spiderman and Godfall are all that stand out to me. Demons souls is being touted as the most popular choice. Really? A polish of an 11 year old game that's already had a polish on ps4. Wtf Sony 🤷‍♂️.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Game, Smyths and Currys websites have been allocated more pre-orders. Smyths is available to order from lunchtime, GAME late morning and no clue for Currys.

Expect chaos and website crashes.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just got a disk version on Very. £453 delivered on 19th.

Was also in a queue for currys when the stock alerts came through.

Edit. I think Very still have the digital ones.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it before, but I have a 2K monitor will it still run at 1080p like as on a PS4 Pro?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Only 4 PS4 games won't work on the 5.

The 10 titles that won’t make the cut, via @Nibellion, are DWVR, Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One, TT Isle of Man - Ride on the Edge 2, Just Deal With It!, Shadow Complex Remastered, Robinson: The Journey, We Sing, Hitman Go: Definitive Edition, Shadwen and Joe's Diner.

I've had a few emails from Very saying order is still on track. What are the chances of me getting another on the 18th saying my delivery will be delayed?

I'll probably buy Cyberpunk and download Warzone again for it. That'll do me for a few months I think 🤣

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Some of my family have a NHS discount card and ex military card. Just wondering if any chance to get discount on PS5 if were to just pop into store and purchase one like Curry’s or Argos or any other top retailer. Anyone got discount from the PS4 in the past?

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
So my PS5 is going to set me back £2000...
Screenshot_20201022-153109_Gmail.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Does anyone have a contact number for PlayStation Customer Support? I had 020 3538 2665 but it's no longer used. Thanks

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just found out that the PS5 does not have a Optical Port for the headse. My current headset Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 which had since Before MW2 days won’t work on the PS5. Any way round it cables wise?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just found out that the PS5 does not have a Optical Port for the headse. My current headset Sharkoon X-Tatic 5.1 which had since Before MW2 days won’t work on the PS5. Any way round it cables wise?
Adaptors are in the pipeline. Taken from an article on The Verge:

Astro is releasing an HDMI-to-optical audio splitter that will allow your headset to interface with the PS5 with no additional firmware needed. It supports HDMI 2.1, HDCP, and 4K passthrough. Astro says it won’t introduce any input lag, and because it’s Dolby-compliant product, the sound shouldn’t be worse off, either.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

Astro is releasing an HDMI-to-optical audio splitter that will allow your headset to interface with the PS5 with no additional firmware needed. It supports HDMI 2.1, HDCP, and 4K passthrough. Astro says it won’t introduce any input lag, and because it’s Dolby-compliant product, the sound shouldn’t be worse off, either.
awesome thanks for that (y)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

It does not support HDMI 2.1. Its only 2.0 so no 4k120 pass through.

For those living on the cutting edge of display tech: We opted for HDMI 2.0b for this adapter because 2.0b covers the majority of users and their hardware going into this next generation of consoles – there are very few 8k TVs in the market at this time and the PlayStation 5 is limited in resolution when set to play games at 120hz. To include HDMI 2.1 would have doubled the cost of the adapter while only being relevant in a minority of use cases.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It does not support HDMI 2.1. Its only 2.0 so no 4k120 pass through.

For those living on the cutting edge of display tech: We opted for HDMI 2.0b for this adapter because 2.0b covers the majority of users and their hardware going into this next generation of consoles – there are very few 8k TVs in the market at this time and the PlayStation 5 is limited in resolution when set to play games at 120hz. To include HDMI 2.1 would have doubled the cost of the adapter while only being relevant in a minority of use cases.
Seems a good enough reason to me though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Don't buy the new "Pulse" headset if you have a decent pair at the mo:

No that great by the look of it.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Don't buy the new "Pulse" headset if you have a decent pair at the mo:

No that great by the look of it.

I liked the old Gold wireless headset when I had my PS4. Decent bit of kit for the money they were.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I liked the old Gold wireless headset when I had my PS4. Decent bit of kit for the money they were.
I've bough the same headset as you now so when using it on PS al just plug it into the controller.