ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

DCi
I hate that this kind of s**t seems to be the norm for buying anything with even a little bit of hype these days.

Concert tickets, trainers, games, games consoles, all just plagued by raffles, refreshing websites, s**t going wrong.

Maybe it's rose tinted specs, but I don't remember the PS4 or PS3 launches being this much of a s**t-show? Have we reached a point where having the latest console from second dot it's available just has way too much influence over peoples lives or is it the supply that's the issue?

The hysteria I've seen from quite a large amount of people about getting their PS5 a few hours before everyone else is mind-blowing, what are people trying to get ahead of?

I'd like a PS5, but f**k all this camping websites pressing F5 nonsense.
I'm not in a rush at all. I will wait, walk into a shop, pick one up and walk out with no stress... It doesn't bother me. I can already play fifa so it's not going to fundamentaly change my life to do all the work to get one today

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I hate that this kind of s**t seems to be the norm for buying anything with even a little bit of hype these days.

Concert tickets, trainers, games, games consoles, all just plagued by raffles, refreshing websites, s**t going wrong.

Maybe it's rose tinted specs, but I don't remember the PS4 or PS3 launches being this much of a s**t-show? Have we reached a point where having the latest console from second dot it's available just has way too much influence over peoples lives or is it the supply that's the issue?

The hysteria I've seen from quite a large amount of people about getting their PS5 a few hours before everyone else is mind-blowing, what are people trying to get ahead of?

Pretty sure it was worse if anything?

Used to be released in Japan a month or two before everywhere else, so you'd have people importing them and trying to flog on eBay for mega money.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d

Rose tinted spectacles I'm afraid. I was what, 12/13 when the Xbox 360 came out, that thing was f**king Gold dust! I think my Mum basically had to have a fight in HMV Oxford to get it for me. The PS3 was a similar bum fight, but I waited before I got it.

The Nintendo Wii was hilarious, learnt the lesson and preorderd that. A year later people realised what it was and it was sold out for that Xmas! Ended up selling my year old console for £100 more than it cost me new!

I distinctly remember the XBone being an arse to get, and for that reason I left it for a few months. PS4 was probably the same I cant quite remember.

The difference this time is people have learnt what you need to do to get one of these consoles. But that just means more people piling in spamming F5.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Also, anyone who bad mouths people flipping consoles for more money is just bitter.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup

I remember picking up my pre-ordered PS4 on launch day and then going back to Game to get another for my mate as they had some available in the store.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I wasn't going to get one but I had a stock alert come though and thought I'd chance it. Told my mate about it in work but he left it. He's gutted now he can't get one.
I think most of my mates are just going to wait until it dies down and get one after Christmas.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For me i sold my PS4 Pro well over a month ago, So I've got nowt console wise, i expected non of this clart on. Having seen the mess on the pc stuff like gfx card and cpu's. It's terrible hows it's gone down this route in this day and age.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I wasn't going to get one but I had a stock alert come though and thought I'd chance it. Told my mate about it in work but he left it. He's gutted now he can't get one.
I think most of my mates are just going to wait until it dies down and get one after Christmas.
I didnt even know preorders were released, then a couple of days later there was a second wave. Went on Argos at like 6am as I was walking the dog, managed to get one. Lol
For me i sold my PS4 Pro well over a month ago, So I've got nowt console wise, i expected non of this clart on. Having seen the mess on the pc stuff like gfx card and cpu's. It's terrible hows it's gone down this route in this day and age.
I dont know how you didnt expect this, its always been a bum fight for the latest console. And nowadays its a bumfight for phones etc as well! They'll be more stock of this coming throughout December, keep an eye on the stockinformer sites.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get OK money for your Pro selling before the 5 was released?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Imagine the stench of virginity in this room:

0_unnamed-5.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had a bit of a chew on with that, i had it up for £230 with no games and Sold it and it came back to me with issues and yes i checked the seriel number it was mine. Any way it ended been the hard drive so i replaced it. I ended up selling it again and got £200 so i made £155 profit.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I’ve never had a problem getting previous gen consoles on release, be it PlayStation or Xbox over the years. More demand for this gen? Limited supply due to COVID?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah it'll be limited supply i recken. I never had a problem for the original PS4 on release, i picked mine up at a local store with no preordering

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i heard of my mates other sites are edvertising later today with more stock

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yeah i'm kind of watching Playstation Access on YouTube and someone in the chat said it had crashed and it's not known for it to happen and so i went in to see if they had stock and it did crash for me too and now it's ok and showing No Stock

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I’ve never had a problem getting previous gen consoles on release, be it PlayStation or Xbox over the years. More demand for this gen? Limited supply due to COVID?
Yeah it'll be limited supply i recken. I never had a problem for the original PS4 on release, i picked mine up at a local store with no preordering

Closer release dates for most places this time around, previous two major releases they did two major markets and one market sat it out for several months.

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Last console I had was a PS3 so it's not an issue for me to wait personally. I will be getting one definitely but it won't be until next year now. Can't be doing with all this having to get it today b****cks, load of nonsense in my opinion.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
a mate said he saw one go for £1100 on ebay, also plus £25 postage on top.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
I don't know if they have stock, but BT were selling them to customers only.

Also, EE were offering them to customers on an interest free 11 month payment plan.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I remember the 360 going for stupid money on Launch, that was December 2005. I dont see how this is different....

PS3 was shite and everyone got a 360 anyway, PS4 I dont remember ?

I don't agree, imagine how many parents are going to have to pay well over the odds or get themselves into debt to make sure their kids aren't disappointed on Xmas day, Should ban private resales for 3 months after purchase imo.

Will be a lot of disappointed kids I'm sure.

I got mine yesterday and have another 2 coming. Sold one to a guy I used to work with and was going to just punt the other on ebay but someone else I know can't get one for his kid so selling it to him now instead!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I don't agree, imagine how many parents are going to have to pay well over the odds or get themselves into debt to make sure their kids aren't disappointed on Xmas day, Should ban private resales for 3 months after purchase imo.
Well there are a few options for them availbile:

A- Dont buy off a seller asking more than the original asking price, this is easy if you know how to use "Google" and work out when/where stock is being released. Also most retailers are releasing more and more stock as we get closer to Xmas.

B- Teach their kids to stop being such spoilt little s***s.

If my parents couldnt afford something I really wanted for Christmas, I just didnt get it. Christmas was never ruined by this.

Equally though, I did offer mine to a couple of friends/Family members trying to get one for their kids for xmas as im happy to just wait and get one next year. But they managed to get orders in today so didnt need to! (Im not a total C-unit)

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Well there are a few options for them availbile:

A- Dont buy off a seller asking more than the original asking price, this is easy if you know how to use "Google" and work out when/where stock is being released. Also most retailers are releasing more and more stock as we get closer to Xmas.

B- Teach their kids to stop being such spoilt little s***s.

If my parents couldnt afford something I really wanted for Christmas, I just didnt get it. Christmas was never ruined by this.

Equally though, I did offer mine to a couple of friends/Family members trying to get one for their kids for xmas as im happy to just wait and get one next year. But they managed to get orders in today so didnt need to! (Im not a total C-unit)
Just for the record i wasn't calling anyone a c*nt..... ;)

It's not being spoilt asking for a PS5, but i would imagine it would be heart breaking for a family or single parent who have had to save like f*ck to make their childs Xmas special, only to find out the item them saved for is now twice as expensive and beyond their economical reach?

Not everyone is tech savvy or even has the time to sit on online hoping that an item will come into stock.

Don't get me wrong, i know how supply and demand works, i buy and sell for a living, but it just doesn't sit comfortably with me that people have purchased 2 or 3 of these knowing full well they will be in a position to charge a massive premium due to short supply.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I managed to get home from work after watching the yodel van on live tracking. He sat in the street behind for a good then minutes, I was refreshing it and expecting it to come up as signed for.
Turned out he'd missed a delivery so had to go back. Handed me mine, in one piece. Said I wasn't the only one waiting at the window for him 😂

I've set it up, much to the delight of the wife. Had a quick go on Astros Playground while I'm downloading Call of Duty again. Couldn't find the file just for warzone 😂.
Controller feels good, looking forward to using the triggers as they are intended.

It's large.
PXL_20201119_152613424.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It was mentioned on the news that a delivery driver has been fired with claiming that the PS5 parcels as missing and the driver been selling them on ebay.

Not the news you wanted like with it been on the way. Have to keep us updated on the progress on when you getting it

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
So 4K HDR worked with my Xbox one x and my Xbox series X....

Why not with PlayStation 5? Am I missing something? Confused!
0BB3D307-4DF9-462F-B1BE-E75D1E13C8F2.jpeg