ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I know the "scalpers" get a lot of hate here, but if someone wants to pay me over £100-200+++ what I paid for my PS5, its theres. Thats not being a t**t, thats just being smart.

Whats stupid is people ACTUALLY BUYING these consoles for stupid money, how can you not wait another month for something thats produced in millions?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My mate pre orderd the whole lot, disk version, headset, extra controller. But he cancelled the headset and controller and paid the console. He then received the console on release day and set up to get the free games from "The Collections" and boxed it back up and went to CEX where they gave him £600 in used condition. He wasn't that bothered and still happy on his PS4 and waiting for the next release of the Pro if it comes out. Even he wasn't happy with the scalpers and s**t. But that's the way it went.

I'm borrowing one of a family member at the minute, a PS4 slim for a little bit to keep me going. He doesn't have PS Plus though so all campaign suff.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Sony have allegedly sold every ps5 they have made and stock may be limited well into 2021. I've got more important s**t to be worrying about until the day I can walk into argos and buy what I want when I want it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I think that report came out of Russia, so not sure how true it is for the rest of the world.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's been doing the rounds to whip up more hype and have people getting their wallets out.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Is the controller charging cable from USB "Console" to USB-C "Controller" if so I'd of thought it'll be USB-C to USB-C

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Is the controller charging cable from USB "Console" to USB-C "Controller" if so I'd of thought it'll be USB-C to USB-C
There is both USB>USB C and USB C > USB C options I think as there is one of each port on the front of the system.
The cable supplied is a USB>USB C

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
There is both USB>USB C and USB C > USB C options I think as there is one of each port on the front of the system.
The cable supplied is a USB>USB C
The ports at the back can you use them for devices and charging? I might put my headset cable and possibly the charging cable connected from the back

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
The ports at the back can you use them for devices and charging? I might put my headset cable and possibly the charging cable connected from the back
Don't know. I've not looked at the back. Just the two front ones as they are on display. Imagine if you can plug it in it'll work for charge or for the system.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Spot the odd one out:
Screenshot_20201125_082120_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
There are loads of whoppers putting photos of their box/ps5 for sale.
Two I've clicked on clearly state they are photos and both have bids. If people are that stupid, I'm not sure how they have survived long enough to place a bid.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone running the PS4 disk of Modern Warfare on their 5 and having issues?
Installed it the other day, played no issues. Went to play tonight and I've got to delete it and install it again.
Absolute joke.

Edit. Not just MW. Assassin's creed doing the same.
PXL_20201125_224158941.jpg

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
F973C880-DEA0-4CF7-83CC-FA1B03C349BE.png

This was just the other day on eBay. This note was sold for £4600. If the person did pay they certainly can get more than 1 PS5. They was even a go fund me page in the description.
More and more people are making notes and selling pics of the PS5. I’m lost for words to be honest.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For those who have one what games have you got installed and what storage you have left? Also if their any information on the spare external memory slot yet, ie what kind is it and what speed is required?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
For those who have one what games have you got installed and what storage you have left? Also if their any information on the spare external memory slot yet, ie what kind is it and what speed is required?
No news on which M.2 SSDs will be "PS5 ready".

I have a few games installed on mine:

Astros Playroom (bloody brilliant game)
Dirt 5
WRC 9
Sackboy
TLOU2
Days Gone
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn (complete edition)
GT Sport
PUBG

Top 4 are PS5 games, the rest PS4.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Interesting, how many games or yours for example you need for the internal storage to be full?

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'm not sure tbh. I've not yet had any warnings about nearing capacity so mustn't be close to full. Arguably I could move the PS4 games onto an external SSD and just use the internal for PS5 games but most folk that have system hiccups have external HDDs plugged in so will avoid this option until the system has been stabilized.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
On another note, I've purchased the PS Plus 12 Months from ShopTo. As i've mentioned before i sold my PS4 Pro which was my main console which the PS Plus runs out tomorrow. Currently I'm borrowing my nephews and I've signed in to my own account on it. Can i redeem the code on my account from my nephews PS4? It's just that my Nephew isn't interest in the PS Plus and want to make sure it doesn't go to his main account on this PS4.

Thanks

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Can you not login online and use the code there? At least you'll know it's 100% the correct account.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Can you not login online and use the code there? At least you'll know it's 100% the correct account.
Yeah fair point, I’ll give that a go thanks.

EDIT... I've had a look and can't find anything where i can redeem the code on their website.

Last edited:

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah fair point, I’ll give that a go thanks.

EDIT... I've had a look and can't find anything where i can redeem the code on their website.

lol, didn't look hard enough it's on my profile. Sorted now thanks.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I had a stock alert this morning for Amazon from stock informer.
Told a few lads, checked a minute or two later and they were all gone.
All for dispatch/delivery on the 14th Dec.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had a stock alert this morning for Amazon from stock informer.
Told a few lads, checked a minute or two later and they were all gone.
All for dispatch/delivery on the 14th Dec.
Cheers, had a look on Tesco where i'd like to get one from with the familys 10% off. Nothing has changed everytime i go on there since release day. Had a look on Twitter and your right a few places have had orders and Tesco are still saying no idea on when they get them but to keep an eye on their website. The exitement has well passed now and just play the waiting game.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
There's talks on Twitter that Tesco are selling the PS5's in store tomorrow only for people who havn't collected or cancelled their pre orders. I might pop into my big local store and asked my family members to pop in if their passing.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I popped down to my local big Tesco store for opening and went to the game section, nothing on the shelves and went to customer service and she said they didn't receive any stock.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I don;t think anywhere will be getting stock now/before Christmas that isn't already allocated for pre-order folk. Just wait until after Christmas and buy one of the scalper ones when they have to reduce their prices to RRP since the pre-Christmas panic will be over.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I don;t think anywhere will be getting stock now/before Christmas that isn't already allocated for pre-order folk. Just wait until after Christmas and buy one of the scalper ones when they have to reduce their prices to RRP since the pre-Christmas panic will be over.
Reason why I'm talking a lot about Tesco is that i have 10% off as one of the family works there that's all.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
So on the PS5 the console automaticly records for you at 1080p and you press the button and go through the settings and press for how long back you want the recording for eg 10 mins or 20 mins or 40 mins back?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So on the PS5 the console automaticly records for you at 1080p and you press the button and go through the settings and press for how long back you want the recording for eg 10 mins or 20 mins or 40 mins back?
You can change it to record at 720 I think. Haven't really looked into it.
Yes, it records the last hours worth and when you press the capture it gives you options on how far back you want to go.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Does the PS5 offer picture in picture for example when your playing a game and have like YouTube in the corner if your stuck on a certain level?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Does the PS5 offer picture in picture for example when your playing a game and have like YouTube in the corner if your stuck on a certain level?
Not sure. I've not tried it though. I was stuck on one part of assassin's creed and just used my phone with an app rather that watching YouTube and their barrage of adverts.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
For those who have downloaded the cross gen version of Cold War, did you keep all of the files? Mine is totaling 220+ GB without Warzone (which I deleted thinking it was included in this mass of files)

This is what's I have.
I'm assuming I can get rid of the first 3 campaign files as there's larger versions at the bottom?
20201218_002155.jpg

Having to re download Warzone now too and that's got a s**t load of files included also. Don't think I need the MP and Spec ops ones for that though.

Why can't it just be simple 🤣

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For those who have a PS5, how are you finding it so far? i hear about the fan noise and their 3 different makes all giving different levels of noise. Has the issue with being bricked all resolved now? And i just heard of stand by mode it’s in this mode as standard when not in use instead of total shut down.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
3 makes? Not sure about 3.

I've got the disk version. It's noticeable when you first turn it on then it's quiet. If you play a game with the disk, again, it's noticeable but not all of the time and it's nothing like the jet engines PS4.

I've chosen the option of standby mode so you get the updates rather than having to do them all when you turn it on. Charges the controller too in this mode.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah so far there’s been 3 different ones. Here’s a video I just quickly grabbed

I’ve been looking practically every day for stock on different sites and looking on Twitter which there’s loads n loads of rumours.

I saw a video the other day can’t remember which one but it mentions about the rest mode and it’s use on the longevity of the console