ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I heard Argos had a massive drop early hours this morning and quit a lot of people got lucky, could be wrong as I was on Twitter late this morning and missed that chat

got email from Game today, it’s on its way. 48 hours Royal Mail, fingers crossed ready for the weekend
Argos dropped at half 1 with staggered release depending on your area. AO dropped about 2 consoles at 11am and Very/shopto at about half 1. 20K people in the queue still for Shopto!

hazzamondo

ClioSport Club Member
  986 boxster
After coming so close with the game and shop to drops last week I was ready to give up. Luckily I managed to bag one from very today. Now have to wait as they have given a delivery date of 11th March.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The whole ordeal of "being lucky" to get one is just f**king ridiculous. Genuinely so so s**t.
I happened to open the Stock Informer discord today the exact minute that very did a drop. Sheer coincidence by a gap of seconds!
Couldn’t even get one in my basket. Such f**king bullshit.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Noticed that CEX are only offering £550 for a trade in so my guess is there’s pretty of stock floating around on the second hand market. eBay reinforces this. There will get to a point when scalpers/bots stop picking up stock as they won’t be able to shift it on easily.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I've had a couple days now with the PS5 and it takes getting use to the new User Inferface and there's qut a few new settings. Been playing Astrobot and got the Platinum Trophy yesterday. Played Bugsnax a bit and I'll be playing that again soon. I'm enjoying God of War, I'm in a couple of hours into that and i'm not use to that type of game coming from BF and probs need more time on it. The Controller is very nice, the buttons feel very responsive.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Nice one, congrats. The standalone goes first. I payed for the £10 delivery but got it a week earlier. The £20 delivery gets you up to a week delivery so i was lucky.

What will you be playing when you get it?

Also, does anyone use an external SSD or Hard Drive for any games? I'm tempted to get a External SSD Drive for the PS4 games i got. Can anyone reccomend me one?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, congrats. The standalone goes first. I payed for the £10 delivery but got it a week earlier. The £20 delivery gets you up to a week delivery so i was lucky.

What will you be playing when you get it?

Also, does anyone use an external SSD or Hard Drive for any games? I'm tempted to get a External SSD Drive for the PS4 games i got. Can anyone reccomend me one?
Yeah mine has now been packed, hopefully for a dispatch email before the end of the day!! On annual leave Monday Tuesday and got it delivered to work so I might have to drive in 😂

Not sure on games yet. I didn't have a ps4 so might look into getting some of those to play aswell now theres backwards compatibility. Probably end up getting fifa/cyberpunk first.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah if i was you i'd drive into work and get it. There's 20 free games that comes with the PS5 providing you have PS+ membership also the Astrobot game too. So that will keep you busy if you don't want to buy any games. I'm still getting use to the menu system still, will take time.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I had to start using on at the weekend as the internal was bulging at the seams. I've only used a small Samsung T5 SSD (500GB). Obviously just the PS4 games can go on this but its still a snappy little SSD so not noticed any significant loading times increases.

I wouldn't go out and buy an overlay expensive external drive tbh. Soon they are going to have to enable the spare M.2 slot within the PS5.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had to start using on at the weekend as the internal was bulging at the seams. I've only used a small Samsung T5 SSD (500GB). Obviously just the PS4 games can go on this but its still a snappy little SSD so not noticed any significant loading times increases.

I wouldn't go out and buy an overlay expensive external drive tbh. Soon they are going to have to enable the spare M.2 slot within the PS5.
I had a quick look on YouTube yesterday and noticed the Samsung T5, it was one of the top ones. Think the 1TB would be in option. Also the WD Black was mentioned in the video also.

How much would you say they are going to be?

I have only got 3 physical games for PS4 the rest is in my library, can those games and games on library be moved to the external storage?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I had a quick look on YouTube yesterday and noticed the Samsung T5, it was one of the top ones. Think the 1TB would be in option. Also the WD Black was mentioned in the video also.

How much would you say they are going to be?

I have only got 3 physical games for PS4 the rest is in my library, can those games and games on library be moved to the external storage?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087DF1L2J/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Been looking at this one.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Finally managed to bag one.

Just by luck I refreshed game just as they dropped yesterday. Managed to add one to basket but then the session froze (seems to be the case for most that tried).

Fast forward 24 hours and upon clicking refresh (safari tab was left open accidentally) it sent me to the payment screen LOL.

There’s a chance they could cancel the order but I’ve already received order confirmation as well as a packaging confirmation email.

Really strange as the item was out of stock for 24 hours yet it still allowed me to purchase. Weird.

Now I need to grab some games. Always been an Xbox man so never played any PlayStation exclusives. Fancy trying Last of us and Uncharted.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Congratualtions on getting one, i heard a couple people getting one in the case you had. The ones that come with the PS5 Collections and Astrobot will keep you busy for quit a while, and add the PS+ games to your library too when you get it, 2 or 3 games a month free. I've 99% got the platinum for Last of Us and really good game and look forward to play Last of Us 2. Also Final Fantasy 7 Remake is available for free with PS+ this month

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Managed to get one from Game on Weds after sitting in a queue from 09:45 >13:30

TBH wasn't that much hassle, just left the browser open in the queue whilst I worked and then ordered when I got through, f**k paying a load for expedited delivery though, gone for the cheapest option, I can wait a bit longer :p

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
You've been busy on the platinum hunt @Geddes
I loved TLOU but not enough to even attempt to trophy hunt on it.
Aftr thinking i need to do the + Game. When i started it it was on normal mode and finished it and went back to do the trophys on another setting and need to do it on + Mode and you need to find stuff on Online mode, clart on if you ask me all the stuff should be in single player mode.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Managed to get one from Game on Weds after sitting in a queue from 09:45 >13:30

TBH wasn't that much hassle, just left the browser open in the queue whilst I worked and then ordered when I got through, f**k paying a load for expedited delivery though, gone for the cheapest option, I can wait a bit longer :p
Game seems to do really well for getting people PS5's. I went for the cheapest option too £10 and it says you need to wait around 2 weeks, if you paid £20 you get it around a week and get compensation or something if it get's lost or something like that i cant remember. Mine came 1 week early and it was tracked so knew roughly what time Royal Mail would arrive.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
The game postage is a scam. I ordered and only paid for the £10 one and got it earlier than people paying for the £20 option.
They also cant refuse a refund if its lost in the post anyway 😂

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Mines currently packaged...hoping to receive it well before the 16th.

Ordered Last of Us remastered for £14 from curry’s. That’ll keep me occupied for a while.

Excited especially as Wednesday was my 40th (far too old to game).

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Mines currently packaged...hoping to receive it well before the 16th.

Ordered Last of Us remastered for £14 from curry’s. That’ll keep me occupied for a while.

Excited especially as Wednesday was my 40th (far too old to game).
99% positive that you get TLOU with ps+ on the ps5. @Geddes ?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
It's on the Ps+ collection. Not sure if you can get it on anything other than the ps5?
Showing as purchased but I don't think I have. I'm sure I got it when it was included ages ago.

PXL_20210305_140729612.jpg

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
For me it's Purchased too, as i got it for Free any way ages ago as it was Free with PS+ a while back. And yeah pretty sure it's still included with the Collection. So might have to get your money back for that £16

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
My PS5 has been shipped/posted.

Not bad seeing as though I ordered it on Thursday and paid for the cheapest delivery option.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm thinking of treating the boy to a PS5, but guess I just have to keep checking on Argos and the like every day? Do they announce release dates prior at all?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Where are folk finding them? I’m struggling big time. Constantly checking stock informer and the main sites

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Where are folk finding them? I’m struggling big time. Constantly checking stock informer and the main sites

Game and Argos are your best bets. Game morally drop at 9:40ish and Argos 01:30 (annoyingly).

You have to be quick though. Within a few mins you’ll have 20k+ people sat in the queue in front of you.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Yeah agreed with above, even though you get alerts and by the time you get on either they gone or your in a big que. Ideally you need to be on at the precise time it lands before you get alerts that theres stock. I got mine on Game the split second it went live few seconds the alert went on the youtube channel i was following

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone recommend a headset? Dont know whether to get a cheap turtle beach or go for the pulse?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I just got a set of Steel Series 5 for the PS5, it’s a USB A connection wired. Just to tie me over till a proper set comes available specifically for the PS5, ideally a Astro set, can’t be dealing with any extra cables or connections at the minute. The pulse ones are supposed to be ok like. But I hear talk about the various types of surround sound, which is a bit confusing like Dolby Atmos, Dolby Logic or whatever else.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Currently in a queue on Very.

Is the digital edition recommended over the standard one? If so, why?