ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PS5

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Have you got Telegram installed? It's like WhatsApp but I've found it better than using Chrome to send notifications.
Not sure how to share the actual channel. It's this though. You just search for it in the app.

View attachment 1563143

So is installing Telegram better to get the updates or does it just link back to the stock informer website?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
So is installing Telegram better to get the updates or does it just link back to the stock informer website?
I have Telegram anyway as a few mates use it. I found it quicker at informing me than chrome notifications though, I had both set up when I was looking.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
First games of wz played on it with it being set to 120hz. Playing it on the 65" oled LG beast is just phenomenal.

I know it's not a ps5 game but it looks absolutely mega on it. I love the black face plates as it blends in with the rest of the set up nicely.

Interestingly it's made the audio on my wireless headset much nicer too.

Can just see the subtle glow on the left haha

IMG_20211120_215601.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
First games of wz played on it with it being set to 120hz. Playing it on the 65" oled LG beast is just phenomenal.

I know it's not a ps5 game but it looks absolutely mega on it. I love the black face plates as it blends in with the rest of the set up nicely.

Interestingly it's made the audio on my wireless headset much nicer too.

Can just see the subtle glow on the left haha

View attachment 1567217

Did you download the extra texture packs too? Really does look good.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Did you download the extra texture packs too? Really does look good.
They were replaced with the wanky texture streaming option weren't they?
Looks like it could be set to resolution mode (4k) rather than performance mode (120fps)? (or have they updated to allow both on hdmi 2.1 yet?)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like it could be set to resolution mode (4k) rather than performance mode (120fps)? (or have they updated to allow both on hdmi 2.1 yet?)

I'm not sure. On XSX it gave me about an extra 20-30gb texture packs and I left texture streaming off. Without checking settings I can't remember anything about a resolution or performance mode.

Edit- quick Google shows the texture packs were removed in season 5 so I'll have to check my settings next time I'm on.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Texture packs have gone back to streaming to save console storage space.
I'm hopeful that the new map allows the option to download it again.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
This was set to performance mode and the receiver info screen was saying 119hz (annoyingly not 120hz haha)

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Very excited to play this, I'm a massive fan of the resident evil franchise and had no idea how highly rated this was on review sites.

£20 too. I'm so glad I got a disc edition, it pleases the Yorkshire man in me (we can forget the actual cost of the console and silly hat at this very moment.)

View attachment 1568143

My gf played through really enjoyed it. Got me to do some of the weird bonus missions where you're shooting things against the clock and need to do it quick. Moving around on FPS games too fast makes her want to throw up. 😅

Should sit her in front of the computer when I'm spectating @Poo’thologist 🤮🤮🤮

F82 M4
Very excited to play this, I'm a massive fan of the resident evil franchise and had no idea how highly rated this was on review sites.

£20 too. I'm so glad I got a disc edition, it pleases the Yorkshire man in me (we can forget the actual cost of the console and silly hat at this very moment.)

View attachment 1568143
It's awesome mate. I'm a huge RE fan and currently going through them all again to Platinum 🙂

20210831_112350.jpg

Think RE7 was one of my faves. The hardest trophy on 8 to get was definitely the S Rank on all stages of mercenaries. Completing the game using a knife only was really easy

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
It's awesome mate. I'm a huge RE fan and currently going through them all again to Platinum 🙂

View attachment 1570482

Think RE7 was one of my faves. The hardest trophy on 8 to get was definitely the S Rank on all stages of mercenaries. Completing the game using a knife only was really easy
Holy s**t you absolute nerd!! That's amazing. Some dedication there.

Nearly finished this game, I'm absolutely loving it. It reminds me of 4 so much!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
You guys seen the new colours? At least you can finally get it in black. Mine's totally hidden away though... still a huge ugly pos no matter what the colour!

Nathan105e

ClioSport Club Member
I just wish they'd make an Official controller similar to xbox's elite or a Scuf! Instead of just different colours!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Monitor mate, far better imo. Vthink we've had this chat before??

I'm after a new 120hz monitor. Millions to pick from.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm on a monitor too, there's lag on tv's just as long your not bothered about that.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Don't think the ps5 does proper 4k does it? Doesn't it mostly down scale?

Not looked into it properly tbf

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Don't think the ps5 does proper 4k does it? Doesn't it mostly down scale?

Not looked into it properly tbf

Dunno, maybe it's game dependant.

Says 4K and 8K on the box. I don't think I've ever seen anything in 8K before.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I know Dinsey doesn't output 4k on the PS5 yet (not the sky box). Netflix probably does if you have the top end package.
Games will do soon enough though, well the cut scene parts of them anyway.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
LG 48" Oled.

Same here (y)

Separate note, but just to say now I've got to grips to what the f**k is actually happening in Deathloop, the more I'm liking it. Definitely worth a look and they're usually deals on it from the store. Obviously I paid full price...

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Ended up getting a 50" LG Nano, 120hz at 4k, read some reviews and whilst its not an OLED it was rated as being very good, seems decent, need a proper PS5 game though, only playing last of us 2, but it still looks very very good.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Ended up getting a 50" LG Nano, 120hz at 4k, read some reviews and whilst its not an OLED it was rated as being very good, seems decent, need a proper PS5 game though, only playing last of us 2, but it still looks very very good.
I think that the 50 is only 60hz. Have a scroll through the TV thread but I think that's why I discounted one. 55+ for the 120.

There's loads of games with PS+. No PS5 game has wowed me as much as I'd hoped tbh.

The Matrix demo is very good at showing what it can do, that's probably Impressed me the most graphically.