ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSN?!

Weeman sucks ****
they won't update as to how long, it'll be like when the leap year issue came. it will just be fixed with no warning.

another new map pack...another tenner spent great

Astra CDTI SRI
http://uk.kotaku.com/5794440/sony-playstation-outage-could-last-days

The Playstation Network outage that hit Playstation 3s last night looks like it's turning into a bit of a mess.

"While we are investigating the cause of the Network outage, we wanted to alert you that it may be a full day or two before we're able to get the service completely back up and running," Patrick Seybold, senior director of corporate communications & social media, wrote on the official blog moments ago. "Thank you very much for your patience while we work to resolve this matter. Please stay tuned to this space for more details, and we'll update you again as soon as we can."

Early this morning we reported that we and others were unable to log into the Playstation Network. Attempts resulted in an 80710A06 error message. The issue seemed to be impacted consoles internationally as well. We were able to confirm the issue in the U.S., Australia and Japan.

Activist group "Anonymous" has been claiming to have been behind attacks against the PlayStation Network for a few weeks now, and while the group's leadership has sworn off attacking Sony customers, though that doesn't mean a splinter group isn't possibly responsible.

Last March a clock glitch knocked Playstation 3's worldwide offline and, in some cases, unable to play games.

Stay tuned to this page for updates as they happen. We've reached out to Sony for comment on whether they suspect this is the work of some sort of attack or a technical issue on their end.

We're also trying to nail down which services may be out for a day or two.

Latest Update on PSN Outage [Playstation Blog]

Clio 1.2 16v

PlayStation Blog EU

@PlayStationEU London, UK
Official Twitter Account for PlayStation.Blog.Europe (SCEE)
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/

Text follow PlayStationEU to 40404 in the United States

Follow

»

sonyplaystationEU_normal.jpg

PlayStationEU PlayStation Blog EU

No new information to update you with I'm afraid. We'll post here over the weekend with any developments. blog.eu.playstation.com/

USELESS and CLUELESS
posted on twitter 2 minutes ago

If I'd not been at Castle Combe all day and didn't have an xbox as well as a PS3 then maybe, possibly I might give the tiniest of f***s that it's down, lol. PSN, Pretty s**t Network sums it up.

PSN is free. So is dogshit.

It's never been anything other than slow and unreliable for me. Regardless of connection, updates always appear throttled, and the in-game netcode pretty much always sucks.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Piss poor to be honest.

I'd rather pay something and have a reliable service than it being down for 4 days.

DCi
I heard the main reason this is taking so long is because someone decided to put Kazunori Yamauchi in charge of fixing it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Looks like some1s had access to a part of the psn network they shouldnt have due to a new update Sony made late last year and now there rebuilding it adding more security. Which is fair enough tbh

I love Lamp
^ Haha those poor soles might have had to venture out into the sun this weekend. Is it still down I fancy some fifa vs mates tonight?

Octy VRS
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/gx6o4/im_a_moderator_over_at_psxscenecom_the_real/

Ok, I've seen a bunch of speculation of why people think PSN is down, and I thought I should just post what the community knows in comparison to what Sony is telling everyone. The truth is, there was a new CFW (custom firmware) released known as Rebug (http://rebug.me). It essentially turns a retail console into a dev console (not fully, but gives you a lot of the same options that usually dev's only have access to). Anyway, this new CFW was quickly figured out by 3rd parties (not Rebug) to give CFW users access to the PSN network again via the dev networks. With a little manipulation of the URL's through a proxy server you could get your hacked console back online. Not that big of a deal, right? Well, it also turns out that some people over at NGU found out that you could provide fake CC# info and the authenticity of the information was never checked as you were on Sony's private developer PSN network (essentially a network that Sony trusted). What happened next was extreme piracy of PSN content. Sony realizing the issue here shut down the network. Now, before you go freaking out about the latest information posted about Kotaku, no ones personal information was accessible via this hack. Not to say they couldn't get it, but no one is admitting to it being available. Anyway, that's the real reason for the PSN downtime. Sony is now rebuilding all of it's PSN servers to be more secure and (hopefully) make sure the CFW users cannot get online anymore.
Edit #1: To those of you saying that this is speculation, you are correct. But, it is speculation based on a lot of facts and the outcome seems to make the most sense.
1. Rebug was released on 3/31/11.
2. First guides of how to use the dev network to get back on COD games on 4/3/11. 3. Word of "shady" sites finding a way to pirate PSN content via the dev networks on 4/7/11 (basing this on posts I had to delete on the website). 4. PSN goes down on 4/20/11
Now, you can believe Sony's PR team which has kept you completely in the dark, or you can see the list of events above and come to your own conclusion. Now, this isn't the first time Sony has fought back against the PS3 modders from getting on PSN. A couple of months ago we had a utility called f*ckPSN that changed the necessary header information that was being sent to Sony to allow modified consoles back online. We were able to use it for about a month. Then came the new TOS, the mass e-mail to PS3 customers, and software update 3.56 and 3.60. So, once again, yes this is all speculation, but it is speculation based on previous actions and known facts.
Edit #2: Mathieulh just mentioned that he has been in contact with someone that has official access to the SCE devnet servers and it was posted to them today that only 3.60+ debug firmwares will be allowed on the dev network anymore. All earlier versions will be cut. If you want to retain your access you need to contact Sony and upgrade to 3.60 debug firmware.
Edit #3: Ok, it looks like some various news sites have picked up this story and taken it out of context. Once again, this is all speculation and information gathered from various devs in the PS3 scene. It might very well not be the real reason PSN is down, but as the timeline fits, it's a reasonable explanation. Now, as to Rebug directly allowing this to happen, that's not the case at all. Different CFW's have had access to the dev network the whole time. This is not new news for people in the PS3 scene. It's what people have figured out what to do with the said network that has caused all the recent issues. Saying that Rebug is what did this is like saying a gun manufacturer is responsible for every death that happens with a gun.

Bumder With A Buffer
Oh noes I teh internetz is down...that means I have had to go outside and enjoy the nice weather all weekend.....

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Oh noes I teh internetz is down...that means I have had to go outside and enjoy the nice weather all weekend.....

Saying that I was down hayling island yesterday doing the whole "oh look we have sun" thing and loads of pasty faced gimps were down there playing the arcade. Maybe it was a last ditch choice to play against people 4 up on daytona USA??

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Even the forums offline now you can't post any comments, Sony what a joke.

Everything to do with psn is down. Its not good but id rather they fixed it for good (hopefully) rather than it keep going down. The main thing that annoys me is i can't watch lovefilm. There should be another way to sign in imo. With a bit of luck it Will be sorted soon. Sony won't even give a guess though to when it Will be back...

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Everything to do with psn is down. Its not good but id rather they fixed it for good (hopefully) rather than it keep going down. The main thing that annoys me is i can't watch lovefilm. There should be another way to sign in imo. With a bit of luck it Will be sorted soon. Sony won't even give a guess though to when it Will be back...

Psn forum is up and running, the link above seems to be working fine