ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PSN?!

I understand that people are annoyed it's down and want to be playing games but some people on that forum are actually bat-s**t mental.

It's a free service. It's not 100% essential for people to play games. It's just the online aspect. As annoying as it is that it's down, I'm sure they're trying to fix it and people going on about how much they hate Sony and that they should be compensated. It's FREE!! Just let them get on with fixing it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Its free if you're not paying for ps plus or lovefilm. Good job I've got campaign to get on with.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
I wouldn't like to be an engineer working on this, much pressure lol?

How about being one of the engineers with a child at home hating you because they can't play with your friends doing "(high pitch voice) 360 no scopes "

Can you still play games you purchased from psn even if you're offline?

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
For a multi billion company with god knows how many technicians they are taking the piss with this though.

Fair enough if it's a big job but is it to hard to tell people what's going on?

"Script kiddies are better than our engineers. We don't know how they got in, so we can't fix it"

Not really the best PR exercise.

Two 0 Shitx
When i got the PS3 black ops was out, never was into shooting games really, then got black ops and liked it, then saw everyone going back to MW2 saying it was alot better so decided to get it.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
When i got the PS3 black ops was out, never was into shooting games really, then got black ops and liked it, then saw everyone going back to MW2 saying it was alot better so decided to get it.

tip for ya while the PSN is down, play on the Spec Ops on MW2 or the campaign that will get the ball rolling for ya. there's allot of us on the PS3 that play MW2, get on the other MW2 thread too, and check out our YouTube videos's too

Two 0 Shitx
I'm doing the campaign now it's pretty good so far, the videos i've seen look pretty insane, especially the no scope 360 stuff :p

Clio 1.2 16v
if all of their videos are too full on for you check my channel out "superonebomb" for some light hearted fun times lol

Thank you for your patience while we work to resolve the current outage of PlayStation Network & Qriocity services. We don’t have an exact date to share at this moment as to when we will have the services turned on, but are working day and night to ensure it is as quickly as possible. We are currently working to send the following message via email to all of our registered account holders regarding a compromise of personal information as a result of this malicious attack on our servers, so please look for this information via email as well. Please note that we are as upset as you are regarding this attack and are going to proceed aggressively to track down those that are responsible.

Valued PlayStation Network/Qriocity Customer,

We have discovered that between April 17 and April 19, 2011, certain PlayStation Network and Qriocity service user account information was compromised in connection with an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network. In response to this intrusion, we have:

1) Temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services;

2) Engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened; and

3) Quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and goodwill as we do whatever it takes to resolve these issues as quickly and efficiently as practicable.

Although we are still investigating the details of this incident, we believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity passwords and login, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data, including purchase history and billing address (city, state, zip), and your PlayStation Network/Qriocity password security answers may have been obtained. If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. While there is no evidence that credit card data was taken at this time, we cannot rule out the possibility. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, to be on the safe side we are advising you that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained.

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, and postal mail scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security, tax identification or similar number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are fully restored, we strongly recommend that you log on and change your password. Additionally, if you use your PlayStation Network or Qriocity user name or password for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them, as well.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit or similar types of reports.

We thank you for your patience as we complete our investigation of this incident, and we regret any inconvenience. Our teams are working around the clock on this, and services will be restored as soon as possible. Sony takes information protection very seriously and will continue to work to ensure that additional measures are taken to protect personally identifiable information. Providing quality and secure entertainment services to our customers is our utmost priority. Please check www.eu.playstation.com/psnoutage should you have any additional questions.

Sincerely,

Sony Network Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment Teams
Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited (formerly known as PlayStation Network Europe Limited) is a subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited the data controller for PlayStation Network/Qriocity personal data.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Love it

PSNDown.jpg

Q.1 When did you realise the system had been intruded?

We discovered between April 17 and April 19 there was an illegal and unauthorized intrusion into our network.

Q.2 How did you know that the system was intruded?

We watch for any issues that may be raised with respect to security and monitor for such issues both internally and externally.

Q.3 What is the main reason to this problem? Which parts of the system were vulnerable to the intrusion?

We are currently conducting a thorough investigation of the situation. Since this is an overall security related issue, we will not comment further on this case.

Q.4 What action did you take (are you taking)? Is there any possibility of further unauthorized access?

As soon as we learned of this issue, 1) we temporarily turned off PlayStation Network and Qriocity services in order to conduct a thorough investigation and to verify the smooth and secure operation of our network services, 2) we have also engaged an outside, recognized security firm to conduct a full and complete investigation into what happened, and 3) quickly taken steps to enhance security and strengthen our network infrastructure by re-building our system to provide you with greater protection of your personal information.

Q.5 How many were affected? How many per each region? What is the latest status of PlayStation Network registered account/ operating countries.

Our investigation indicates that all PlayStation Network/ Qriocity accounts may have been affected.

Q.6 Does that mean all users’ information was compromised? Tell us more in details of what personal information leaked.

In terms of possibility, yes. We believe that an unauthorized person has obtained the following information that you provided: name, address (city, state/province, zip or postal code), country, email address, birthdate, PlayStation Network/Qriocity password, login, password security answers, and handle/PSN online ID. It is also possible that your profile data may have been obtained, including purchase history and billing address (city, state/province, zip or postal code). If you have authorized a sub-account for your dependent, the same data with respect to your dependent may have been obtained. If you have provided your credit card data through PlayStation Network or Qriocity, it is possible that your credit card number (excluding security code) and expiration date may also have been obtained.

Q.7 Have you notified those users?

We are sending out e-mails directly to these users to their e-mail address registered on the PS Network accounts. Also, we have posted web notices, and additional necessary procedures have been followed by each region.

Q.8 Have you received reports or claims that their PSN ID information/ credit card had been used improperly?

Not at this point in time.

Q.9 I want to know if my account has been affected.

To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports. Additionally, if you use the same user name or password for your PlayStation Network or Qriocity service account for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are back on line, we also strongly recommend that you log on to change your password.
For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, postal mail or other scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking.

Q.10 What should I do to prevent any unauthorized use of my (credit card) personal information?

For your security, we encourage you to be especially aware of email, telephone, postal mail or other scams that ask for personal or sensitive information. Sony will not contact you in any way, including by email, asking for your credit card number, social security number or other personally identifiable information. If you are asked for this information, you can be confident Sony is not the entity asking. Additionally, if you use the same user name or password for your PlayStation Network or Qriocity service account for other unrelated services or accounts, we strongly recommend that you change them. When the PlayStation Network and Qriocity services are back on line, we also strongly recommend that you log on to change your password.
To protect against possible identity theft or other financial loss, we encourage you to remain vigilant to review your account statements and to monitor your credit reports.

Q.11 Since when have PSN/Qriocity become unavailable and in which region?

PSN/Qriocity services have not been available since April 20 (US time) in all regions.

Q.12 How come it is taking so much time to resume the service?

We are taking the investigation seriously. We decided to keep the service down to allow us to conduct a thorough investigation and verify smooth operation of our network services.

Q.13 How serious is this? Have the hackers broken the security on PSN/Qriocity? Are you taking necessary measures to prevent such outage happening in the future?

Since this is an overall security related issue, we will not comment further on this case but we are working to restore and maintain the services, including countermeasures against future intrusions.

Q.14 When will the service resume?

We are taking the investigation seriously. We will keep the service down to allow us to conduct a thorough investigation and verify smooth operation of our network services but are working hard to resume the services as soon as we can be reasonably assured security concerns are addressed.

Q.15 Seems like SOE service was also not available/ suffering outage. Is this true? Is this due to the same reason as the PSN/Qriocity outage?

SOE's service is available although a service interruption due to an external attack did occur. A thorough investigation is ongoing.

Q.16 I want my money back (subscription fee, content) since the PSN/Qriocity was not available.

When the full services are restored and the length of the outage is known, we will assess the correct course of action.

Q.17 There seems to be some games that cannot be played even offline?

Depending on the game titles, but mainly PSN games, some may require access to PSN for trophy sync, security check, etc.

Yaris Hybrid
Not only that...

If you have used the same email, user name, password or answer to the secret question for your hotmail, facebook, amazon, ebay, any other online shops, paypal, forums, games like Warcraft, Xbox Live etc etc etc...

then you are well and truly f**ked.

Have fun spending all night changing your passwords and secret questions on every website and account you can ever remember registering.

DCi
bullshit, if sony were storing peoples sensitive info in plain text then that is surely lawfully negligent. /care

I use a mix of passwords and have couple of different e-mail accounts anyway, but am thinking of calling bank and stopping my card and getting a new one.

Yaris Hybrid
I use a mix of passwords and have couple of different e-mail accounts anyway, but am thinking of calling bank and stopping my card and getting a new one.

Fortunately for me I made that mistake a while back. A Warcraft related website got hacked and my Hotmail, Facebook and Warcraft account got hacked.

Was up all night with a notepad writing down loads of new gibberish passwords and secret question answers for a million different accounts. For that reason I don't really have to worry about my PSN account being compromised.

I think your credit card will be safe. The danger of it being used will be if they can access your paypal or any other game/account (like Amazon) that lets them use your card by making purchases with your account.

So many accounts these days save your card details so they only need an easy to find email address and password to use it even though they won't know the card number itself.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Well.... looks like i'll be changing a load of my passwords/email details tomorrow then. I'll just keep the psn one as it is - my hotmail acc looks like it might be goosed anyways. Something i've needed to do for a while tbh.
Bloody hassle this is.

Abarth 595
glad i use my credit card for the PSN store. at least im covered if any money gets taken out.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
FFS i used the same password for everything only thing thats different is my email i use as i have 4 different emails luckerly my paypal emails different than my PSN one. But as said above if sony have the details in plain text then they have cocked up big style.

Honda. Tesla Someday
I said from day ONE that PSN security wasnt up to standard!!! Serves Sony right if you ask me!

Sucks for everyone using PSN though. I do not support the 'hacker'.