ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Puddle in front passenger footwell

Clio Extreme
hi all, its been a long time since ive posted here and previously you've all be more than helpful so im back for some words of wisdom.

i have a 52 plate clio extreme which for a while now has had a damp to touch front passenger foot well but i put that down to the other half dropping a whole bottle of coke in it.
this was months ago and its been dry to damp ever since, however ive gone to put the baby in the back today and found a lovely fairly deep puddle in a saturate front passenger footwell.

it has been raining ridiculously for ages now and its definitely water that's accumulated in it but i cant find where its coming in from. the sun roof is bone dry, the roof is bone dry and i cant seem to find any water marks on the doors or dash.

please help :)

182 ff
check your windscream seals... i found a puddle under the same rear seat... its coming from near the rear light.. i just bought some granille black sealant (Halfords) .i put tissues all way along from the light to the seat.. that's how i found out,,,

182 ff
so put the tissue as close to the windscreen as you can,, if you can get behind the carpet,,pray for rain ha

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sometimes the sunroof will leak and not show signs on the headlining. Often my seatbelt gets absolutely soaking after a hard rain and it's the sunroof.

Clio Extreme
I think it is the sun roof. I put down plastic bags last night to see if I could narrow it down and my seat and the passengers had a collection of water and when I drove away I noticed it was wet above my head by the sun visors. Kind the bottom of the sunroof. Like a little gully or something.