ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pulling away then BANG

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Just a little concerened as it doesnt seem normal.

I was at a roundabout this morning. REALLY early and had come to a complete stop, but being the moron i am forgot to put the car in 1st gear, so it was still in second. Tried pulling away but didnt get very much, then it stalled and went made a big THUD. Thought s**t, try again, started car up attempted to pull away and again this time i get another THUD/BANG and no movement so dipped the clutch, checked gear and realised im in 2nd! put it into first and moved away as usual.

This noise that thuds/bangs is rather concerning. Its rather a violent sound for an engine/gearbox to make just because it stalls or cant pull away in a certain gear. I do need to change my clutch cable as some days the car is great to drive, other days the clutch feels very notchy and its not great fun in uphill traffic.

Anyone else get a violent jerk followed by a loud thud if it stalls? doesnt seem right to make that noise to me....ive stalled cars before and its never been that violent.

Thanks

TeZ

Non RS : (
All cars do that if you stall in second in my experince just treat it with care numpty.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
This sound has and does occur if i stall it in first as well. I was using the second gear as todays example. I rarely stall the car....however the noise compared to cars that ive had with more powerful engines have never made such a large thud/bang.

www.renparts.co.uk
you will know what a bang is if you do it in a golf tdi and try and set off in 3rd. Sounds like the world has just ended.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
no TeZ gave crap advise. I asked why it was so loud with this car, and wether it happened on other clios....doesnt sound right.

Everyone is going to stall there car once or twice in there life time. End of.