ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling from side to side.

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
My DCI is pulling from side to side on braking/accelerating.

Some background on the car:

Bought for 300 quid with a broken gearbox. I have since replaced the gearbox so subframe and hubs etc have been dropped. I've checked and everything is tight yet I still have the car pulling all over the place.

When I brake I get a clunk and it pulls to the right. If I let off the brake and press it again I don't get a clunk and it doesn't pull.

But then when I accelerate again I get a clunk and it pulls to the left. If I let off the accelerator and press it again I don't get a clunk and it doesn't pull.

After a quick initial look I checked that the subframe and all the brake mounting bolts and balljoints/TRE etc were tight which they were.

The only thing I noticed was that I have some play in the front right wheel bearing. I'm going to change this but does it sound like this could be causing the above symptoms?

Thanks

JezzaMac

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a very quick look at the brakes and they seem to be alright. Both wheels spin freely when in the air.

I've bought new wheel bearings/TRE/ball joints etc so will change all that and see what happens! Hopefully it sorts it because it feels HORRIBLE!