ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling right henna accelerating and left when braking

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I’m after your ideas on this and what it can be. Brakes are not binding, all suspension is new and correctly torqued.

Could be the weight bias if you've fitted fully adjustable coilovers. Did you set the ride height on flat ground with your weight in the front seat?

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Martins car which they came off was fully corner weighted and perfect 50% cross. Heights are exactly the same on mine and we've got very similar cars and human mass!

Wishbone bushes worn

99% sure that will solve your issue and its usually the inner 2 where it attaches to the subframe.

Which side i couldnt say but detaching the hub and moving will show it very quickly

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

PH2 172
No, i haven't stalked his profile. You weirdo.
So you think you are clever?
This car is running an experimental roll centre & bump steer kit.
If the wishbones hang at an negative angle, fully loaded, braking will induce additional toe in

So you think you are clever?
This car is running an experimental roll centre & bump steer kit.
If the wishbones hang at an negative angle, fully loaded, braking will induce additional toe in
Listening to that Steve its even more likely to be a bush as loaded in that way will give them a tough time.
Shame they cant be rose jointed , but id at least run solid nylon if possible

PH2 172
Listening to that Steve its even more likely to be a bush as loaded in that way will give them a tough time.
Shame they cant be rose jointed , but id at least run solid nylon if possible

The wishbones were actually replaced with new OE items not long ago, but fitting black powerflex would be an improvement.
There was also a problem with the thrust line/rear toe that I cannot see has ever been addressed.

The wishbones were actually replaced with new OE items not long ago, but fitting black powerflex would be an improvement.
There was also a problem with the thrust line/rear toe that I cannot see has ever been addressed.
Needs fully flat floor and geo first ... no guessing

Then see where it is but i still recon a wishbone is moving , no other way really to happen unless the rack is goosed

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
But did you check the caliper is floating freely?
Yeah all working well and lubed up. They were refurbed not too long ago.

FFS, Graham is no novice.
I’m a good bluffer :smile:

How the f**k am i supposed to know Grahams technical ability?
I barely know my own. Soft office hands.

Needs fully flat floor and geo first ... no guessing

Then see where it is but i still recon a wishbone is moving , no other way really to happen unless the rack is goosed

All the bushes are good. Was the first thing that came to mind!

Checked the tracking again last night. I strung the car on Saturday and did it with a 0.5mm accuracy ruler. Yesterday I did it with vernier calipers which read to 0.01 mm. It only needed some small adjustments which I did on turn plates. There is some improvement but by no means is it gone.

Correct though there is some rear thrust angle which hasn’t been resolved ever. It’s static though.

Tracking results from last night.
825CC7AE-7007-46E7-B500-8191ACDAE1BD.jpeg

Strings fine have you looked at the rack as its the only thing i can think of

PH2 172
As you never mentioned this prior to fitting the AST`s, why not put the AP`s back on, if only to eliminate the AST`s as a cause?

As you never mentioned this prior to fitting the AST`s, why not put the AP`s back on, if only to eliminate the AST`s as a cause?
Only thing i could think may affect it on both acceleration and braking would be a loose top mount causing a caster or camber change.
Would be rare as i would expect a significant knock

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I'm almost 100% sure this is driveshaft/gearbox related.
I can't just swap back to the APs back on because they're on different hub spacing and it's a HUGE pain to change between the two. Look back at my recent power to weight shootout this looks to be quite a similar issue to the one I had on the dyno where it slowed down much faster on the right hand side than the left. I'll have a good look over that side but there is honestly nothing shouting out to me. Will have a looky look tomorrow.

numbers_

ClioSport Club Member
Have actually just noticed this exact issue. Found on one side the rear wishbone nut had worked its way loose. Thought that would be it done and dusted. Issue still persists.

Please update when/if you find something.

'10 Clio200
engine mounts or tyre related. The latter easier to check by swapping tyres :wink:
My focus rs mk1 had terrible pull issues and was the gearbox mount