ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling under braking

Clio 172 cup
Hello wondering if anyone can help!

When driving along at around 70mph and i touch the brake my car pulls slightly to the right and the steering wheel pulls to the left. I have had the tracking done on the car, Front discs and pads, Rear discs and pads and 1 new caliper, New springs and 2 rear shocks and 1 front! I have also had 4 new tires as well.
I have taken it to a garage and was told possibly could be the steering rack bushes but when i took it to Renault they said it was the rear caliper that was seized!

If anyone could point me in the right direction!

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
So all these places have seen it but have been unable to make an actual diagnosis?

A rear is unlikely to have an adverse effect upon steering but it could be a sticking brake pad or a bush, ball joint or other. Really needs looking at properly to be safe.

Mick

Clio 172 cup
Yes just been told could possibly be these bushes no actual answer! Just spending money and not actually getting the problem fixed!

Thanks

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
They charged you to! Holy fek, I need to be more business savvy.

Clio 172 cup
Renault were certain it was down to the caliper that was seized, Appears to have done nothing!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
If they've charged you I'd be taking it back especially as they've not fixed it. I'd also be making it clear you aren't wanting to pay either

Clio 172 cup
Ringing them tomo as car seems to want to pull to the left under normal driving now when it didn't before!